xisto Community
OpaQue

Astahost Forums Now Ads Free! No More annoying Ads on AstaHost Forums

Come to think of it, it feels odd. I mean, if there are not ads, then why are we getting hosting. What is the point in all the content we create if that does not help Xisto. I say, republish all this content elsewhere and earn more 'dough' ;)

yeah i like it without ads ... ads was anoyying especially the ones between posts.this is much more comfortable and "readable" post without ads ;)-Joe

I am very new to these forums, as of last night I had just joined. The fact that the hosting provided did not require ads was a big part of why I decided to give Xisto a shot, and since the forums do not have any ads either, I am very satisfied. I have never been a fan of ads, even the funny or interesting ones. They just drive me crazy and prevent me from enjoying the website that I am on. As many people have said here already though, small google ads that blend in with the page are not all that bad and if they help support ad-free free hosting, I wouldn't mind them. The large banner ads are what cause all of the problems and distract me and other people from the real content of a website.Thanks for the removing of the ads though. I was not here to see them but now that I am, its a pleasure not having to deal with them.

Eh.. Could someone tel me, am I getting free hosting from Xisto or Xisto by posting to this forum? Or are those same thing?
Thanks. :ph34r:

When you post on the present forum, you get credits at Xisto. You can use these credits for hosting at Xisto.
If you prefer Xisto, you should rather post on the Xisto forum. Xisto is from the same group, bot not totally the same objectives, or post spirit. These two forums are different, and independant.

It's not the same things, it's two rather similar however slightly different things.

Post on the present forum if you want to be hosted as yoursite.astahost.com

Regards

Yordan

I never even know this thread existed let alone the forum advertisements being removed.I think they were just fine being there (and adsense I believe you can block specific advertisers) B).

how does Xisto make all their money then? if you don't mind me asking.

Very nice point. I hope that they get a lot of money from their paid hosting plans, which give you some more features than the free hosting plans. I guess that you start with a free plan in order to learn how to create your website, and once you prooved that you are a good designer you switch to a paid hosting plan.

Very nice point. I hope that they get a lot of money from their paid hosting plans, which give you some more features than the free hosting plans. I guess that you start with a free plan in order to learn how to create your website, and once you prooved that you are a good designer you switch to a paid hosting plan.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how they are actually earning money =). Plus, this is how they give you premium free hosting services B)

xboxrulz

Personally, I stopped noticing the ads a long time ago. It is nice that they are gone however. Especially since I frequently have multiple tabs open in a browser many of which are sometimes Xisto threads. My machine is currently running 768 MB RAM 512 MB of which is PC100 and the other 256 is PC133, so this makes it slow, and not having to store ads in memory is really nice. I am glad that Xisto - Web Hosting is doing well enough to support the free web hosting sites without ads, it makes me feel secure that my free web hosting will not suddenly disappear because of a lack of funding.You said to promote Xisto - Web Hosting, which I frequently do, but this leads me to a question. I've always truthfully stated at the bottom of my sites (when I remember to) that they are hosted by Xisto with a link. Would it be wrong of me to change this to a "Hosted by Xisto - Web Hosting" link? Or would it be better to say "Hosted by Xisto" with a link to Xisto - Web Hosting? Or are both in bad taste and I should keep my current links?~Viz