xisto Community
OpaQue

Astahost Forums Now Ads Free! No More annoying Ads on AstaHost Forums

Well seeing that I have only been involved for a few hours, I have not been able to see the ads... I think that ads can be quite helpful when used correctly... I created many for many different reasons.... If not on my sites, I would try to incorporate some on my friends or clients spaces... It allows more viewing, or even easier access to what is being presented.I can see that I may even put my ads on my newer page... but probably where needed... and I will have to link the Xisto banners when and where I can... I can be weird about linking with banners... I just am about the Networking!

Finally, a no ad site with FrontPage Server Extensions/PHP. 90% of file types allowed (maybe all!) and excellent web design (CPanel/Forum/Home). How do you do something like this, it web hosting/forum heaven. If I next to you, I would give you 5 tons of Galaxy chocolate. xxxx-jozh-xxxx

Edited by jbitkill (see edit history)

Since I am a new member of this site, I am not sure what the ads would have looked like. Also since I am new, I need as little distractions as possible. I am trying to get used to the idea of a forum. I am "a senior citizen" who has been using computers since the 60's, but everything I was used to was a structured environment. The chat rooms and abstract messenging systems are new to me. I watch my grandchildren work on their computers and cell phones with a sense of amazement, and a desire to see things with their eyes. I even struggle with this reply. I know that I need to respond to these forums in order to get the credits I need to get a site up and running, but I never know what to say or do. Have mercy on an 'old soul'.

I wasn't here to see the forum when it had adds but I am glad it doesn't now. Ads to me are very annoying and pop-ups are the worst. Having no ads makes the board seem cleaner and more userfriendly. Also having ads tends to slow down the site which is always a bad thing. Some times I'll leave a site just for loading slow. The only things that are a positive in my mind to have ads is that the forum/website makes money off of them making what ever it is that website does cheaper for the members.So what I'm trying to say is Xisto is doing a great job at whats its doing. Keep up the great work.

It is nice to know that people will be able to come into my site and not have filth on the top, bottom, sides, pop ups and then some.I try to just surf for downloads here and there and all I see is XXX sites and banners... It is horrible! And thank goodness I don't have that on my family site!I do however, like I posted above, do make my own ads for my site. I do it for enjoyment, and it adds the more professional feel. I try to combine my banners and buttons with what is being displayed, or if it involves a person, I try to match up with their interests. Ad free, and hassle free!THANK YOU Xisto!

I must know, what is the point OF ads? How do they work?

From user's point of view, ads are spoiling your webpages, adding objects that are useless for you (but probably useful for somebody else).Usually, they work in such a way that, when you click in the "click here" part of an ad, it opens an advertisement window, and somehow it brings money to the owner of the site (not you, but your web hosting provider), usually in the form of some cents for some hundreds of clicks (from different persons).

From user's point of view, ads are spoiling your webpages, adding objects that are useless for you (but probably useful for somebody else).Usually, they work in such a way that, when you click in the "click here" part of an ad, it opens an advertisement window, and somehow it brings money to the owner of the site (not you, but your web hosting provider), usually in the form of some cents for some hundreds of clicks (from different persons).

So this is the reason most sites have ads? It helps them in other ways, perhaps receive more bandwidth or space. Like a trade?
That's pretty awesome I might do that if I ever feel to go into a paid web host.