xisto Community
yordan

No More Shoutbox, No More "last Posts" What happens to astahost forum page ?

this upgrade happened on trap a while back now and there was huge database problems

Well, I don't know the definition you are using for 'huge', but I'm sure your girlfiend would have another opinion on the one you use. ;) j/k
Yes, there were a few glitches in the last upgrade, but nothing Major, lost a few posts and such as what you might expect, but they were no bigger than any server upgrade or migration.

Some of the users needed to upgrade their "Java", not javascript, in order for the full set of features to work properly. And some older Browsers don't handle the Ajax well, either, for the shoutbox and some of the other features, but it went smothly enough.
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I like the Xisto's new layout! It is quite clean and modern, or shall I say refreshing? ;)The smooth interface is well-designed and looks neat.One thing I really like, I can finally hide the shoutbox once and for all! It gets annoying clicking on that button everything you load a forum page, now I don't have to!I never use the shoutbox. If you are experiencing problems, press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL in Firefox and make sure Cache is checked. Click OK and restart the browser if necessary. It should work fine now.

The new shoutbox by Dean uses AJAX scripting. So if you cannot see the shoutbox or see the shoutbox but no one is shouting or can't shout, please log out and close your browser. Then reopen your browser and log in again.This new AJAX shoutbox was written for Firefox (Dean's one and only browser from now on) and the only browser that cannot 'render' this shoutbox is Netscape.It is possible that your browser or computer cannot handle the new cookies called STRONGHOLD. Although many solutions were brought to my attention I still believe that it's your java (like jlhaslip posted) version or your firewall/ad or cookies blocker.One of forum members put quiet strongly to me and denoted my intelligence, that by placing your local time zone to -1 than yours fixes this problem. Who knows... it might actually work for some.I have tested the shoutbox and making posts on IPB 2.2.1 using IE6, IE7, FF1.5, FF2.0, Opera9.1 and Safari with operating systems 98SE, 2000, XP and Mac OS X without any issues.

This new AJAX shoutbox was written for Firefox (Dean's one and only browser from now on) and the only browser that cannot 'render' this shoutbox is Netscape.

OK, the thing is partly clear for me : I use Netscape.If you boot on the Bouldows CD, you will see that firefaox also cannot use the shoutbox.
However, as I prevously said, if I am the only guy unable to use the shoutbox, it's really not important.
Yordan

Patience, guyz - all that you need! Just around 6 hrs. on the move, I guess - Xisto was upgrading to IPB v2.2.1, and in the meanwhile - we've got loads to blame! ;) A Boo-hoo to the Admins - C'mon, you have to notify the members of the ongoing (or upcoming ;) ) upgradation processes! At least a new topic in the "Announcements' (The way you rejoiced Ad-Free forums! ;) ) They've been trying to put up all that was there before (and a lot more features too!) - and that would take some time, wouldn't it?!

Anyway, I'm done with the criticism, getting to the real part, IPB v2.2.1 Rocks! And I especially love it on Xisto Forums! Its fun to post with an improved UI (and BluGraphix too!) Praises for a successful upgrade, and thanks for keeping up the existing features!

Yup, Asta got a new layout. However, I'm getting irritated by it, because it's so bulky, what happened to keeping things in a line, instead of a box?
xboxrulz

I can't agree more with you, the frontpage of the forum is very bad atm. It doesn't have any structure in it anymore.
Something I hate too is when you add a smiley to a post, why does it SELECT the smiley, it's annoying because I always overwrite it ... ;) .

Besides those 2 annoyances, everything looks nice (except maybe the fact that it's again such a lame XP-bleu-ish look).