xisto Community
demolaynyc

Kingofhosts.com - Excellent Free Web Host

Looks to me (from the upgrade page) like it's based on http://www.110mb.com/. I'm currently trying them but seems that they are VERY restrictive over what you are and what you aren't allow to do. I need to create some symlinks but there's no way to do it!! Hmmm, I'm hoping Xisto is better!

Looks to me (from the upgrade page) like it's based on http://www.110mb.com/. I'm currently trying them but seems that they are VERY restrictive over what you are and what you aren't allow to do. I need to create some symlinks but there's no way to do it!! Hmmm, I'm hoping Xisto is better!

It's slightly different from 110mb.com, because they have forced ads and 110mb.com has no forced ads.

Besides that, I agree, Xisto is the best provider I found till now.

I've seen that these type of hosting sites, don't give the complete control of their webspace to the users.The "Layered Panel", control panel in the Hosting account for managing the webspace has very limited features, it can by no means compared to the cPanel.Also they have the PHP configured in Safe Mode, so definitely you'll not be able to run advanced scripts and several forum packages.When you have sites like Xisto and Xisto why do you need other?

When you have sites like Xisto and Xisto why do you need other?

disk space for warez?

i need disk space to store my warez, you know. rapidshare deletes warez when someone reports them.

uhuh!! ;)

disk space for warez?
i need disk space to store my warez, you know. rapidshare deletes warez when someone reports them.

uhuh!! ;)

If your warez are smaller than 200k, you can store them on Kingofhosts. If your total warez are smaller than 150 megs, you can store them on Xisto, provided that nobody can download them ; else, it's againsth Xisto's rules, and you can loose your account.

Also, they seem to be the same as the site: freehostinn.comFYI of course..

eFX

I checked both sites and they have the same template (different colors only) and if you check out Kingofhosts TOS, they say at the very beginning:

n this Agreement, "We," "Us," and "Our" refer to freehostinn.com; "You," "Your," and "Yourself" refer to the entity utilizing the freehostinn.com free web hosting service; "Our Site" refers to the websites located at the URLs: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. freehostinn.com provides its service to You,

So it seems that they are the same providers, and perhaps that is why they have such high Alexa ranking. Just people should be aware they are the same - Xisto and Xisto are "twins" but they say so in the open, they offer same or similar features, but never hide it from their users.

I have not been approved by Xisto but by looking at its offering I wouldsuggest that this is the best. I wanted to start a site for free recipe because I seee that there are just afew site that offers a good recipe site.

Their server is apparently NOT a CPanel server too. I personally prefer CPanel over any control panel some host writes...
[N]F

Well, this is rather common. cPanel is really expensive and is difficult to force ads with. These usually are off the shelf account interface systems but usually are limited in the features they offer. I had only had either web upload or FTP upload prior to Xisto and never really minded. I also never had MySQL and so many other standard options before so I was a little overwhelmed when I got hoting here.

I registered there a few days ago,The problems: i) Their server was down most of the time.
ii) They dont allow more than 50 people to upload via ftp
server.
iii) I used frontpage to make a website.and it didnt show that
properly.

So i started searching again and found Xisto.Will try it when i get enough credits. :ph34r:

The 50 FTP connections is actually pretty common. We have a limit here as well and I think it is 50! cPanel File Manager doesn't count toward that limit I believe but if the server is busy doing FTP transactions, it will be slower to serve webpages. FTP usually takes up a lot of bandwidth.

I think they might be overselling on their servers.
5 GB of space? That's a lot to give for free per account.

xboxrulz

Most hosts oversell their servers. They take the chance that most accounts won't max out their allocation. Usually, you can oversell by 10% - 20% without issue since most people don't use all of their bandwidth and storage. Of course, the closer you get to full capacity, the more trouble most computers have. Temporary and
system files may not be properly allowed for causing the server to sieze.

I happen to have a site hosted on kingofhosts.com, and so far its been great. Very fast server and in the forum there is mention of having over 5,000 sites hosted there, so this is a rather big free hosting site. I checked them out on alexa.com and they are in the top 200,000 of websites on the web. So far, so great!

Glad to hear it. If it works for you, keep at it.

i think that you really should'nt post this here because your going to get bashed very quickly and you may be breaking some kind of rule aswell.

No, open discussion is alway welcome here. We don't ban discussions here because they are about our competition. Even if it is a positive discussion for the competition. We are pretty confident with our system and service and also understand that it may not be for everyone. If someone else has a quality hosting service and our members want to discuss it here, more power to them. There is plenty of need for free hosting on the internet and we only can supply a small amount so there has to be other free hosts.
I think it is healthy to talk about stuff like this here. It gives us the opportunity to see how we compare to the other free hosting services here. Let's us know if there is a common feature that we should try and add. I believe that everyone should have a voice on the internet and a lot of times that starts with free web hosting. Besides, the more free hosted websites available, the more chance that someone will need to come to my website for help!

vujsa