xisto Community
quiksilver

What Do You Think Of The Books I Own? my favorite books

I own The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life, the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish, Mostly Harmless, Young Zaphod Plays it Safe, The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit, Fight Club, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. I just got Fight Club and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell today.

The only book there that I ahve tried reading is the Hobbit. After 50 pages though I just got bored and stopped reading. The only books that I have properly read are all the Harry Potter books.

I don't know what I think of the books that you own because I find reading boring and a waste of time. Making graphics or riding a bike are much, much, much better than reading. Atleast they don't waste time :)

I don't know what I think of the books that you own because I find reading boring and a waste of time. Making graphics or riding a bike are much, much, much better than reading. Atleast they don't waste time :)

64621[/snapback]

yeah, um, that doesn't really make any sense. how are making graphics not a waste of time and reading is? Reading is part of life and teaches you things, just like anything else. :)

To me, I would say you have a good choice of books there. I really liked the hobbit and the lord of the rings trilogy was just awesome(as well as the movie) and the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and all the books after it are just great. I kimda got a huge "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Omnibus" which contains all the five books and that bonus story "Young Zaphod plays it safe". :)

Yes yes, the HArry Potter books. Couldn't stop once I started. They were all very good.Sooo into it. I had fantasy dreams a few nights after reading them. haha...They are so cool! Next one is coming out soon too.

i say you got a good collection going and no reading is not a waste of time. what would you do if somehome a nice electric surge just blew out the world power you have nothing to except read and eat :rolleyes:also the reason most people find books boring is that they do not understnad what they are reading or have no imagination to get into the book.

i say you got a good collection going and no reading is not a waste of time. what would you do if somehome a nice electric surge just blew out the world power you have nothing to except read and eat :P

also the reason most people find books boring is that they do not understnad what they are reading or have no imagination to get into the book.

156269[/snapback]

Yeah I agree with you Saint_Michael... we can't live without books, they rock! All of the best ideas are from books, most movies and tv shows are from stories someone has written... when we study in schools and universities, we're essentially studying from books someone has written, noting down disciplines tried and tested through the ages... so how can one not think reading is worth while?

quiksilver - I think u have a good selection of books there, esp. the LOTR series, but the others are right, you gotta get into HP! :(

yoofus - I think ur signature is very offensive, especially in light of the recent London Bombings.

I love all of those books, especially the LOTR series and Fight Club. True, the Hobbit was boring, but I seemed to get through that pretty fast. The dwarves make me laugh. I don't really like the Harry Potter series anymore because Rowling's writing seems to be going down hill in light of the 6th book. It peaked at the 3rd book and just kind of died from there. It's a good read for entertainment but not for serious reading. And I absolutely hate the movies. What's so special about them? There are so many other angsty kid movies out there.

Your books are pretty good, especially the LOTR Trilogy and The Hobbit, which I all happen to have. The Hobbit is one of my favorites, actually. I finished it in one day, it was all good! :( I recommend you read some Roald Dahl books. They made me have a lot of fun when I was younger. (I read them in the library when my mom is late in fetching me...) His books are good for all ages. It has a lot of comedy and adventure in it, teaches morals, and it makes you have chocolate covered and big-sized fun! :P Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG and Matilda are some good things that'll get you started!

I've read the 'Lord iof the rings' trilogy which is obviously a great bookseries.The way I see it,one can see the movie but it's nothinguntil you've read it. 'Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' is also a great read.I've read some Tom Clancy.He gets very technical.That's fine if you're into that.Obviously the army likeshim as they apparantly hired him. I'd say you're choice of reading is pretty good.

The Harry Potter series was awesome I have read every single book. However, my favorite author is Anthony Horowitz. The Alex Rider series is the best, I still haven't read the last book yet though but you should check it out. The first one of the series is Point Blank I think.