xisto Community
quiksilver

What Do You Think Of The Books I Own? my favorite books

I've never read Fight Club, but I have read the book Lullaby by the same author ( Chuck Palahniuk ) and i thought it was pretty engaging, probably not as appealing as fight club but pretty good nonetheless. He has a really unique style of writing, probably accounts for the success of Fight Club.. a kind of preoccupation with the odd, the zany. Fight club was after all, surreal in a way.

The Hobbit is a good pick :D In fact, i think the hobbit is the only book in the Lord of the rings series that i've finished reading. *blushes* i did mean to finish the series.. and someday i will. I actually heard that they are making a movie adaptation of just The Hobbit. As you probably know, the LOTR trilogy has already been made into films, but the story elements from the hobbit were summarized or not delved into with much detail, so that's something to look forward to.

I can also recommend Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, which is slow to start with but, like a good British comedy, brings it all together at the end. As countless people have mentioned, the Harry Potter books are great. I just re-read them and stayed up till 5am one night just to finish the last book because I couldn't put it down. Don't depend on the movies, they are nowhere as good, detailed or intricate as the books.If you enjoy fantasy, take a look at the following series:Earthsea trilogy by Ursula K. Le GuinMemory, Sorrow and Thorn by Tad WilliamsA Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin <-- One of the best series I have ever read, from any genreRegards,z.