xisto Community
mitchellmckain

Is Jesus God? A look at Christology.

But when you talk about an eletronic system, if I was a hardware engineer, i'd simply open the system up and look for myself, not read a book.
I can't do that with jesus now can I ;).

Or if I wanted to know about the land at that time, i'd dig up the earth and find out, not read a book.

So.... what can ya do eh.

Referring to "The Exodus" the movie by The History Channel, the people DUG for the truth and found the descriptions in the Bible to FIT into the information they FOUND.

- Isn't it foolish to dig up something you don't know about?
- Isn't it stupidity to get to destination B without a map? (meaning getting to B for the first time)
- Wouldn't it be idiotic to dig up a treasure without a map?

The answer to those are YES.

Before every digging for truth, you got to have a source to give you a general location of where to read.

Wouldn't it be so stupid if you try to look for evidence of Jesus' Existence in America or any place else where JEsus never set foot on? ...because you didn't know anything about the Bible.

You must read something! It won't have to be a bible, it can be a verified article out there on the web.

Oh and because someone else has verfified it upon many verifications and adjustments, I should believe any portion of it.I think not. I don't waste time reading a book full information that I cannot verify myself.

Books = truth? I think not.And who said I was looking for it.Obviously some of you are I suppose? But I don't see anyone any closer than me and I don't even bother searching eh.

Books = truth? I think not.
And who said I was looking for it.

Obviously some of you are I suppose? But I don't see anyone any closer than me and I don't even bother searching eh.

It is strange. You do not see yourself as searching for the truth and yet you see yourself as a judge of truth. In most things like science, judgement is a skill that is learned as you study the thing and how it works. I do not ridicule, in principle, the faith that one would recognize the truth if they heard it, for certainly anyone searching for the truth must have this basic faith. Nevertheless, one of the important parts of studying a subject is learning the language. Without learning the language of science, for example, it is impossible to understand what it is saying. But in this case, how should the search for truth ultimately be any different, for how can you really be a judge of truth if you haven't even learned the language that is aquired in the process of searching for it?

Judgement, not at all. Just basic logical thinking opinions for all to think about and/or discuss.Although I'm sure you can prove many things from the area that these events happened and more, the specific events such as the boulder being moved however that make him seem so godly or special, are not proven to be some divine "what ever" and there are ways they could have been moved.We all know more or less the idiotic things back then that people thought up when they could not explain something, why is this necesarily any different? If someone misunderstood back then it can't be helped, we didn't know then what we know now about so much.

read this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

These people aren't as idiotic as you think. The article above simply proves that the people of those times ALREADY knew about the stars. This book was dated thousands of years ago. This is the excerpt I'm talking about:

Job 38 deals with the wonders of His creation. In Job 38:31, 32 we read:
Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades
or loose the bands of Orion?
Canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?

ORION

"Canst thou . . . loose the bands of Orion?" Garrett P. Serviss, the noted astronomer, wrote about the bands of Orion in his book CURIOSITIES OF THE SKY.

At the present time this band consists of an almost perfect straight line. In the course of time, however, the two right-hand stars, Mintaka and Alnilam, will approach each other and form a naked-eye double; but the third, Alnitak, will drift away eastward so that the band will no longer exist.

Thus, these stars that we see forming one of the bands of Orion are like three ships out on the high seas that happen to be in line at the present moment, but in the future will be separated by thousands of miles of ocean. In fact, all these stars that at the present time constitute the constellation of Orion are bound for different ports, and all are journeying to different corners of the universe, so that the bands are being dissolved.

THE PLEIADES

"Canst thou bind the sweet influence of the Pleiades . . . ?" Notice the amazing astronomical contrast with the Pleiades. The seven stars of the Pleiades are in reality a grouping of 250 suns. Photographs now reveal that 250 blazing suns in this group are all traveling together in one common direction.

From Lick Observatory came this statement of Dr. Robert J. Trumpler:

The Pleiades stars may thus be compared to a swarm of birds, flying together to a distant goal. This leaves no doubt that the Pleiades are not a temporary or accidental agglomeration of stars, but a system in which the stars are bound together by a close kinship.

INCREDIBLE! God's laws of cosmology are loosing or dissolving the constellation Orion. Sometime in the far distant future, Orion will be no more. Conversely, wonder of wondersâevery last one of the 250 blazing suns in the Pleiades are ordained of God to orbit together in their symmetrical beauty throughout eternity.

ARCTURUS

"Canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?" Garrett P. Serviss wrote:

Arcturus, one of the greatest suns in the universe, is a runaway whose speed of flight is 257 miles per second. Arcturus, we have every reason to believe, possesses thousands of times the mass of our sun. Think of it! Our sun is traveling only 12 ½ miles a second, but Arcturus is traveling 257 miles a second. Think then of the prodigious momentum this motion implies.

It could only be stopped by collision head on with a body of enormous mass. Barring such accidents, it must, as far as we can see, keep on until it has traversed our stellar system, whence it may escape and pass out into space beyond to join perhaps one of those other island universesâŚ

The wonders of God's universe never cease to amaze us. Arcturus and his sons are individual runaway suns that seem to be out of orbit in our galaxy. Traveling at such incredible speeds, why don't they crash with other suns or planets? Where are they headed? Only God knows. Indeed they are not runaways. They will not crash. Why? God is guiding them.

When Mr. Burckhalter of Chabot Observatory had his attention called to this text in the book of Job, he studied it in the light of modern discovery and made a statement that has attracted worldwide attention:

The study of the Book of Job and its comparison with the latest scientific discoveries has brought me to the matured conviction that the Bible is an inspired book and was written by the One who made the stars.

Somehow, this person learned about the stars thousands of years before they were discovered. Amazing? Miracle? I believe so.

I'd have to agree with demolaynyc. Its a mircle. God's hand is evidence in hundreds of mircles. Things that we make no logicial sense. To deny God, Jesus or not, is denial. The fact many people today consider it foolish, immature, and outdated to follow a God is proof of a Devil, which in turn is proof of a God.People linking religion to wars and deaths are being tricked by the adversary, pure religion is simple; its you and God. The devil is the one that infiltrates churches and leads people astray.

Miracles? such as...... lol.And I'm sure you can name a few things that one might consider to be a miracle, but what proof is there that it actually happened, that it existed and that god and the devil existed. You guys sure got along wayyyy to go ;).