xisto Community
mitchellmckain

Is Jesus God? A look at Christology.

Ahh but when something is clearly not there, it is not ones job to prove it false, it is ones job to prove it's there.It's like saying the devil is sitting in my backyard, well I don't see him but does that mean I have to prove he isn't there LOL, nope, you gotta prove he is actually there ;).

Miracles? such as...... lol.
And I'm sure you can name a few things that one might consider to be a miracle, but what proof is there that it actually happened, that it existed and that god and the devil existed. You guys sure got along wayyyy to go ;).

Well didn't you read my post? There were several miracles in the article I linked to.

Oh I see.

Anyway let's jump back on to the original topic as I am a bit curious myself.

Is Jesus God?

Well, I don't know a "whole lot" about his history but didn't he somewhere along the lines claim to be a messenger of god? So why would he be god, unless that information is false and then you'd have to wonder what else is false lol.

So I guess I would go with no, unless he masked himself purposely, which would make sense in some situations I guess.

So was he really the son? As then it might make sense that he would at some point in time become god himself (well to our understanding and nature of life atleast).And does Jesus the new god have a son to hold his position later down the track?Wow this could turn into an endless discussion eh lol.But yeah, assuming God was his father, it makes sense to us that Jesus would at some point be God.

lol... okay, in the Bible you will find that Jesus was already with God from the beginning (John 1)

I know it's confusing, it was confusing to me at first.

If you kindly read just this one short chapter it's going to shed some light: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?searc&version=MSG
This translation should be easy to read. It's nothing like "thy, thee or thine" it's modern version.

My answer is all in there. I

Reading it isn't the difficult part, making any sense of it however is.Most everything I have read up to this point in my life actually made sense and didn't use the same word 50 times..... if you know what I mean.

I agree, it was confusing to me too at first but because of fellowships I was able to understand it. Okay basically what it's saying is that the Word is Jesus, and Jesus was already with God (the Father) from the very beginning. Because they are one, Jesus cannot come into existence at a different time.

Demonylc that's not an important piece of doctrine. lolSo you believe that God could send approval of his Son's (who is him) baptisim and the holy ghost show forth in a dove? All one person doing 3 thing at once. No where in the Bible does it state the holy trinity. But that's another arguement.God cannot be in 3 persons. Not sensible.

Well I mean heck if he's god, he can do whatever the hell he likes can't he? lol.If he can make us and everything, I'm sure he can whack a piece of himself in several different vessels.

Please don't think that the Holy Trinity is three Gods. From Deutoronomy 6:4 it says

Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One.

Okay maybe this may be more clear to you, God reveals himself in three forms.

He is the creator (the Father); He is our saviour (the Son); He is our guide (The Holy Spirit)