xisto Community
Grafitti

Tiger For The PC would it run on my specs?

On my Acer Aspire 5106 with an AMD64 X2 Turion ML-50 processor, is there some reason i shouldn't be able to boot Tiger? I got to the loading screen, but it just sits there, with the drive activity constantly on. The AMD64 chips are supposedly able to run MacOS, so why would it sit there? After about 10 minutes a little "no parking" icon appears on the top of the apple logo.

On my Acer Aspire 5106 with an AMD64 X2 Turion ML-50 processor, is there some reason i shouldn't be able to boot Tiger? I got to the loading screen, but it just sits there, with the drive activity constantly on. The AMD64 chips are supposedly able to run MacOS, so why would it sit there? After about 10 minutes a little "no parking" icon appears on the top of the apple logo.

This is the first time ever that I heard you could simply install MacOS on a computer. I don't want to put money on it, but my guess is that it's impossible to install it on a non-mac computer.

Well, all i found was articles on running it on AMD through a virtual machine. I'm not interested in that. I want to run it natively.

Were you using SSE2 or the patched SSE3 kernel? As itunes, imovie, etc, anything to do with video, still doesn't work on mine. and i've heard that that's the cause.

I never knew this before, I thaought that this was completely impossible.Ok now I lnow this is possible, so my next step is to find a Mac OS that can run in my PC.Could someone post the minimum configuration to load a Mac OS in PC.

before we continue any further in this topic everyone needs to know that installing a copy of Mac OSX on a PC is ILLEGAL! though it can be done!personally, ive tried it with a friends copy (it was the patched copy for AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3) and it worked fine! there was a few hardware items that didn't work (like my soundcard, ethernet card, usb ports)running on SSE2 and 1GB RAM it seemed to run rather smoothly, especially when it was installed on a 4gb hard drive (it was the only spare one i had left and i didn't want to wipe one of my main drives!)if anyone wants to try mac on a pc, try it using vmware or virtual pc. note though that it runs slower when using virtualisation!

I've tried it here ... hopeless ;) . For the first time in my life I regret not having bought a Pentium4 instead of an AthlonXP (no SSE2 ;) ). I tried it on my dad's Core2 Duo laptop and things ran terribly slow (it could be fixed by removing a file, but didn't try that because my dad needed the computer ... he never gave me the change to look it up ...)

It's not necessarily illegal if you own the dvd. Isn't that part of fair use, that you buy a product and you're entitled to do what you like with it. There's that video on youtube of the guy shredding a brand new Vista dvd, you can't tell him it's illegal, because he paid for it fair and square. If we b*tch at Microsoft for making licensing so difficult, and you're only allowed to activate Vista on 3 machines, why would we then say it's wrong to own a Mac, and use that dvd to install it on a second computer that you also own?