xisto Community
mtl8

How Long Does It Take To Be Listed On Google?

How long does it take to be listed on google? I have uploaded a sitemap. The site still hasnt been listed on google. :)

Did you add in a meta tag? Go to http://forums.xisto.com/topic/91532-topic/?findpost=1064357964 to learn how to if you don't know. I wrote the tutorial myself. I think the default is 10 days for Google. It also depends on your host. I am not exactly sure what Xisto has for Meta. Also, here at Xisto you should keep your posts around at least 3 lines long.

Purchase some in-bound quality links. (Yahoo, business.com etc.)Spend lots of time submitting to free directories too. (Thousands)There's no such thing as a magic bullet. Even if you hire a good SEO firm it will still take some time.As for google if you are trying to rank for a competitive keyword you will have trouble if your domain is new. But a google site map makes all the difference in the world.

And additionally you should also try to create a sitemap for your site and then submit it to Google Sitemaps - https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2F - It does a real good job of picking up the information of your site.

It may take some time to initially get listed by Google through Sitemaps, but once you do that, you will be amazed by the speed with which it keeps tab of your site. Whenever I add something to my site, I have a system setup that automatically submits the new sitemap to Google. When I check the logs, I see that Google Bot visits my site within a day and sometimes even after 2 or 3 mintues, and has all its cache updated with the latest content on my website.

The system I am talking about is available in Drupal CMS but I belive similar analogus components should be available for right about any other content management systems. On the other hand if you are building your site by hand, then I think, you will need to put a little bit of more effort to get the sitemap up and then submitting it to Google.

The sitemap is not just good enought to be submitted for Google - I have seen that it does a good job at other aggregators - like FeedBoy aswell, so that you need not rework on the sitemaps again and again for different sites. Ofcourse, I do submit seperate sitemaps to aggregators because my site is a mix and mash of quite a few different topics.

Keywords and meta tags are very important. If you do a google search, you can see it'll highlight the words you typed in. So content of your site is important. If your site is all flash, you won't be getting listed very well. Try using words that are search for a lot, but use descriptive ones too. If that makes sence?

It didn't take me all that long to get into google, I basically submit a google sitemap and re-submit from time to time when it changes and tryed a few free submissions and what not.Having a link to your site in your forum signatures and such should help too no?

There's also a site age factor in google's formula.

They have found that most of the spam sites don't have old domain names. So if your domain name is new, it is difficult to rank well for competing keywords (ones that are popular). This process takes about 9 months to a year.

Getting your site in the index is generally not a lengthy wait. In my experience, about a week to 10 days. I use google sitemaps to submit. But having the entire site in the index, and having it rank well is a multi-step process.

Another good tip is to use my msn my yahoo and my google, and put your site on your own homepage using whatever anchor text you want.

Gin

I didn't bother submitting my site to Google straight off because my first site took weeks to get on the database and even then it was on the tenth page. I submitted my site to teh Open Directory Project. It took 2 weeks for it to be added to their database. After that my website appeared in all the major search engines including Google and yahoo. Now if I type in the title of my page it comes up top out of 29,000 pages and it's on the third page if I type in only one keyword which gives 1,600,000 hits. So I think it was definitely worth putting my site in the ODP because now its not only listed but given a high ranking by google.

When i submitted my site a while ago it took a few weeks. I even tried to use sitemaps to speed it up but i noticed little difference. It did eventually get in there though.The thing is, if you want to get good results out of using google you better make sure your site is optimized and that google is registering the right keywords. -HellFire

Like most companies very frustrating trying to understand how long in takes to get your site spidered, we have spent a lot of money originating approx 500 pages of in depth content and meta tagging unique pages. Approx two months later still only caching home page. http://www.riky.co.uk/. The only way we have found to accelerate the caching is using pay per click as Googles appears to index these. From a commercial prospective I do not understand why google do not offer a service where it allows companies to pay to have the site cached for a one of fee. Then if in a time frame the user satisfaction is good it increases your rankings, if poor demotes, even though we are having teething problems we are still enjoying average page views of 10 and 7 minutes visit duration, which everybody tells me is good for a landlord related website. Besides directories and links strategy what else are we missing. Any tips would be appreciated