xisto Community
iGuest

Internet Security

Honestly, I've come to find that this sort of questions is usually very unproductive and even rather misleading.

Everyone has his/her own needs and wants when it comes to security. What are yours? What's the system you use? Do you access the Internet through a dial-up or a broadband connection? How much can you afford to spend on security?

Without well thoughtout and organized answers to those questions, it'd be all but impossible for anyone to give you a satisfying answer :).

Cheers.

Stay with what you have now. Wait for the 2007 edition of Symantec products because Symantec have *finally* listened to their consumers and users and have designed the latest round of products to be very light on resources (lighter than any of their previous releases) and simple to use while still making sure that they deliver the performance which saw them being the most used security product.

Norton Internet Security 2007 is now available for purchase as a direct download from the Symantec Store.

The new interface is quicker and much more responsive in early pre-release testing than its earlier avatars but is still not as lean on resources as other packages like Kaspersky.

Its about time symantec listened to their customers, most of my computer crashes because I have norton running in the background. I just what they changed will not leave holes in security and such.

It's almost a joke to hear that Norton is faster in a new build... Left it ages ago, though my dad still used it until like a year ago. Then after switching to AVG he was astonished how faster was it (and still, it's not fast enough to me).

You see that the real questions should be "what do you prefer" instead of "which one is better".If you have no money, Mark is right, use avgfree.If you have a lot of money, use the last Mc Afee, which intergrates everything including antivirus, firewall, antispam, and ad removal. So a signle program for everything, working automatically, instead of periodical cleanings with several different programs.