xisto Community
hancioglu

Expansion Of The Universe

Hold on a second, besides planets (and/or stars) etc and all that, in just space itself, is there any usefull kind of energy or matter?If the universe was limitless........

Is the Universe's expansion rate slowing down or speeding up? I have always been taught that it was slowing down, but I read something in the New York Times that it was found about a year ago that it was actually speeding up. Up until a year or two ago, it was thought that the Universe's expansion rate was decreasing, due to gravity pulling back on the material exploding form the Big Bang. However, more recently, scientists have been able to measure how fast the Universe was expanding, and the data indicate that it is actually speeding up. This measurement was made by looking at distant supernovae. If distant supernovae are different in brightness than nearby supernovae (e.g. if there is more dust dimming the light than we think) then the measurement could be wrong. However, most astronomers think that the measurements are strong.

If the universe is expanding everyone asks so what is it expanding into, anti-matter? or something else. However I think that the universe will keep expanding up to a certain point as this is caused by the momentum from the big bang. It will eventually stop and then it will shrink back again. So all this expanding and shrinking could just be cycle that continues over and over again.

I think the universe is so vast how the hell could it expand? LolWe're in the centre of it, so of course its going to look like its expanding.However any of our assumptions about the universe are nothing more than that, espically considering there's many things about our own planet we don't know yet.Its not really important nor even valid IMO but its fun to think about sometimes.

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackExpansion Of The Universe

Your explanation is imaginative. You can find complete answer by typing " Big Impact Theory"in your internet search machine

I would suggest all of you to seek answer from the blog entitled "why you need to understand universe before you can understand yourself". It explains why the universe expands and the expansion mode being taken, how the dark mass and dark energy are accounted for, how a photon travels by shifting its housing, why blackholes are not singularities, why Big Bang Theory is wrong, why quasers are formed, how Einstein's General Relativity is compatible with the sub-atomic physics, the role of black holes play in the expansion of the universe, why Higg's bosons did not and do not exist, and many other topics.

Simon