xisto Community
MSTR

HOW MANY PARTIONS YOU HAVE ON YOUR HARDRIVE

I haveC: is of 10gb there's is windows
D: is a 120gb HD (111gb real)
E: is a 10.2 gb HD (9.8 real)
F: is part of the 1st HD(c:) with 28GB.

I have 4 HDs (3 in use)

1 120GB, 1 6GB (system drive...Windows is on it) and 1 40GB (the one not in use is a spare 120GB with tons of videos on :-))

Doesn't matter how much space I have though, I always need more...got to get rid of those games or something...but I'd miss them :-)

Planning to buy a couple of 160s and put them in a striped RAID array so I have a faster 320GB drive :-)

...5 partitions lol thats uh... quite a bit, now unless your running windows 95/98 with a gigantice 200+gb hdd why in the hell would you need 5 partitions, i can understand 3 at most, me i use 2, 1 is for my os/data and the other is my swap drive. I can understandOS/Swap/Data, but 5?? Wow thats just well too many. Too many letters in "My Computer" for me.

I just have one, once I had 2 but not because I wanted it, just because my computer crashed and I had to re-install windows, and then it was a big mess and I don't know why after that I had two, I ran with it for a month and then I just re-formated the computer and set it back to one, and the computer ran just perfectly like it used to.

Right now I only use one partition for Win XP, and I format the entire drive every time I format. I plan on installing Linux so I'm going to add another partition.

I have 3 partition on my computer, I need to seperate my system files to my personal files. I am during some experementation when I'm home like doing some programs, most of the time my computer stop running, so I need to fix or reinstall the OS if needed without affecting my personal files. but I am planning to have new HD for my personal files like MP3, Programs and tools. I'll make sure that my files are safe eh...

I have 3 partitions. One with winXP, other with win2k, other with Mandrake Linux. Id get rid of the Winxp one but I cant find my network card drivers for win2k. I cant find ANY drivers for win2k. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I COULD FIND DRIVERS FOR A COMPAQ PRESARIO S3200NX FOR WIN2K PRO, PLEASE PM ME!!!!!!!!

I got 2 prtitions on my harddrive. I do not think that there is any need to make more partition. Untill the need arizes, then will I make more.

i have 4 partitions on my computer ;) i know that is too much, but i also have 2 hard drives(40 gb and 20 gb) ;)one partition for winxp, second for movies and rest for personal files, music, games, pictures... ;) im going to reinstall my windows so, can anyone tell me what file system is better?? fat32 or ntfs?? i think that is ntfs but, im not sure... :P