xisto Community
MSTR

HOW MANY PARTIONS YOU HAVE ON YOUR HARDRIVE

I have 3 partitions.C:\ is my main one with Windows XP Pro Corp. with SP2F:\ is my second partition for my backup. Soon to be a seperate HDD.I also have a 3rd unpartitioned space. It's 10GB if I want to install another OS or test something with it. :P

i have two partions. I had windows 98 originally and then updated to Xp. and for some retarded reason i have two partions. one with windows 98 and the other which I'm using now is windows Xp. How do I deleted the other win 98 partition? I really don't need it. and then How would I be able to make a backup partition? can anyone help me. I'm sort of computer retarded.

I dont partition my harddisk.. I feel it is kind of useless... but before I jus usally have two partitions ... one to backup so I wouldnt have to lose all the files..

I have 2 partitions too.C: Win XP with SP2D: Some data and installation files.It feels more organized when you have 2 partitions instead of 1 because at least you can separate some files from the Windows partition. Also, I have D: partly because in case my computer crashes totally, I could format C: and reinstall Windows on it, and at the same time putting all my important files to D: so I don't lose them. It also saves some time downloading all those softwares. :rolleyes:

i have two partions. I had windows 98 originally and then updated to Xp. and for some retarded reason i have two partions. one with windows 98 and the other which I'm using now is windows Xp. How do I deleted the other win 98  partition? I really don't need it. and then How would I be able to make a backup partition? can anyone help me. I'm sort of computer retarded.

All you need to do is to delete this Windows 98 partition and resize Windows XP partition thru unallocated space when u deleted Windows 98.
For this procedure I use Partition Magic. Version 8.02

In my case I have 4 partitions on my 60GB ExcelStor disk.

C-system
D-paging file (FAT format 1GB)
E-programs installations
G-data (download, divx, mp3s)

i've got 4... one windows partition, one games partition, one command partition (4 hacking [linux emulators etc]) and one "sandbox - partition"...

My friend has a 20gb hard drive, and has 7 partitions on it. On for each type of program he runs i.e music , programming , games , work , etc.He tryed to install two OS, but Win 98 crashed when he tryed to install it onto a XP Pro preinstalled computer, even in a different Partition...

I have 2 HDD's, 80 and 40 gigs1st HDDC: 20G : System, and programsD: 60G (56.3G actually) : Music, some movies, and projects2nd HDDE: 40G (37.2G... full of movies, I might add :()

I have the following:C:\ (Software, Downloads, unzipped)D:\ CD-RWE:\ (used to be / for linux, Documents, Virtual Machines for VMWare, other important files)I have 1 hdd, 80 GB WDC.xboxrulz