xisto Community
LikMeBalleFM

My Own Car Design Done With 3DS Max Rate It!

Really good work indeed, they are all quite nice. I, however, agree with your friends that I prefer the ealrier ones to the latter. Probably that is soelly due to the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the futuristic look for cars so when they are TOO sleek looking I lose a bit of liking for them. Regardless they all are very well done so keep us up to date, whatever you choose as a final version for them will be awesome I'm sure.

I see you are making great progress with the design. The original one is reminiscent of the latest Mustang, which already biases me toward a certain design expectation. The second one looks more original and more polished as a product. Version 3 looks good as well. I am eager to see how the future versions turn out.

that is some amazing work. my honest opinion is that the front end of the second one is awesome. however it is hard to tell with the other one due to the angle of the image. If you could show both in the same angle then it would be easier.
Like I said though both of them are wikid. Nice job. I would love to do work like this but never knew where to begin. I want to make 3d models like these:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

well it look nice somehow but it need abit more inprovment i see you havent complete the back side.and there's the front lights ... it looks bad ... the hood should be longer and abit wider and for the frontside of the hood it should be abit lower.the side should be longer with a mixed paint on itanyway keep the good working :)

Edited by joe.k (see edit history)

Obviously nobody is interested!! Well I was planning to put the project on a downlow anyway because my hardware can`t handle it anymore.I `m looking to put some cash aside for a drastic system upgrade,which will take a while to acomplish.

Obviously nobody is interested!!

well i think if no1 is interest in this how come your topic rated as "hot topic"... iam interested :)

Well I was planning to put the project on a downlow anyway because my hardware can`t handle it anymore.I `m looking to put some cash aside for a drastic system upgrade,which will take a while to acomplish.

Nice thing to do ... but remember to have a system upgrade ... you have to chose some good parts for your Pc :)

and i think that it's perty cool now comparing to the first one but it does also need to a bit longer.
the pic of the car you post look shorti ...
and another thing you should consider have some more details in it.let me explain
* the sides looks cracky too i mean i can see pixels.
* the windows looks fake i mean it's not even close to a window :)

Your model has obviously improved a lot from your first and second versions. The lighting and textures are realistic and the edges are smooth (your original versions looked like cardboard paper, but thinner). However, there are some jagged edges in the body right behind the front wheel in the first image. Is that a rendering error, scaling error, or modeling error? The only other thing you can add to it to improve it is the details, such as head/back lights, doors, but that's not really necessary.

Your model has obviously improved a lot from your first and second versions. The lighting and textures are realistic and the edges are smooth (your original versions looked like cardboard paper, but thinner). However, there are some jagged edges in the body right behind the front wheel in the first image. Is that a rendering error, scaling error, or modeling error? The only other thing you can add to it to improve it is the details, such as head/back lights, doors, but that's not really necessary.

Painfully I have to say that is a modeling error,and the sad part about it is that it`s irreversible at least to my ability. I made the mistake of modeling the side of the car (which is this plane here:)

Posted Image

after already added a modifier to a earlier much more "lowpoly" stage of this same plane,what`s the problem you ask? well to fix this problem in the stage that the plane is in right now it would take little about 200 vertices to be indivualy modified. Now If I could reverse the first modifier I added to the plane so I can go back to the lowpoly version, that would change that amount drasticly it would only be like 8 or 9 vertices to adjust.And now my real problem when I reverse the modifier in question I lose the whole gap on the side of the car including "that jagged edge" actualy that whole section up to just right behind the frontwheel.I tried that option and thought I could simply be able to recreate the whole section again, but after I`ve done that and want to smoothout the mesh the whole mesh explodes LOL ,... no seriously.All vertices in the front part of the plane(over the frontwheel) just blow up in all directions.But I`m experimenting with the boolean tools to see if I can still repair that mesh error so the finished model won`t have that flaw.

If you have time, try to model the hole car, interior,exterior and engine, and separate the hood, doors etc. From the car, you will have a better result thenGood job though-reply by moons

If you have time, try to model the hole car, interior,exterior and engine, and separate the hood, doors etc. From the car, you will have a better result thenGood job though-reply by moons