xisto Community
LikMeBalleFM

My Own Car Design Done With 3DS Max Rate It!

Hey ya`ll it`s been a while since the last time I posted at asta but

I just got a new internet connection so I will be online more often again.

Back to topic,

I started designing a car with 3ds max and I`m actually curious about what other poeple think of it so far.

The bodywork is not finished and it has no details yet plus the enviroment isn`t set up as it should so don`t mind the wierd wheel reflections on the windsheild just rate the overall design and feel free to make suggestions.

Here it is:

Posted Image

Wow, this is really some nice work. If we ignore the wholes and the missing parts, the car looks great and detailed. The wheels are quite real and good-looking and..Well, there aren't many things I can comment, since a lot is not finished. I do have one question. The right side of the car, where the door should be, you are going to modify that, right? Because it looks rather flat to me. I can't wait to see the final project :D

.....The right side of the car, where the door should be, you are going to modify that, right? Because it looks rather flat to me.....

Yeah I`m thinking of an "air-intake" design for the sides it`isn`t something I wanna rush into because that will change the whole appearance of the car and the air-intakes should be eye catchers so I`m taking my time tying out a lot of different shapes till I got the right one.I`m glad you like it at least now I can say that one person likes my design.I`ll keep you posted on the progress.

ps: funny detail tho my system broke down and now I`m actually designing on a PIII 466Mhz desktop LOL

Not a bad start other than some of the enviromental textures look odd...that is if they are supposed to be going for the crome look. Are you using 3DS' internal redering engine or a 3rd party?

Not a bad start other than some of the enviromental textures look odd...that is if they are supposed to be going for the crome look.
Are you using 3DS' internal redering engine or a 3rd party?

I`m using "Brazil Rio" renderer for this scene.
Are you a 3ds max user? if so can I ask you for help if I need it? because I learned 3ds max all by myself so you could imagine that I know actually verry little compare to 3ds Max`s full power.
Verry often I have a design in my head but could not realize it simply because I don`t know every modify technieque.

It looks really great man! Took me a while to understand that the front part of the car doesn't have a wheel on it, and it's just the left wheel coming through because the body ain't finished. Nevermind, other than that (and the messed up windshield, which I'm sure'll look great with the environment) the car looks really awesome! I can't believe you did this all on your own, on a 433 PC!

Your Design is really great, good progress so far, as most of people here I don't have any comments too, just awaiting for the full version, but I do agree that the best part is the wheels, I just would like that you could create really superb front lamps :D and maybe a transparent front window? if it isn't transparent yet :SGood Luck ;)

Some of my friends think the first version is the one to stay with while I strongly disagree becouse I think the second version (with the lower windsheild + shorter hood) looks better.I wanna know what other poeple think about it please give an opinion.

Version 1Posted Image

Version 2Posted Image

that looks sick man, especially the detail on the brake assembly :P . 3dsm is a tough program to get a hang of and i respect anyone who can even get through the tutorial.. keep us in on the progress on it.

not bad only thing you really need to work on is glass and a roof as well, other then that hte car design is awesome and unique as well.

most definately needs a longer hood, look at all the midwieght sportlux cars of today, with exception to the lotus elise, thier hoods are stretched out, one is for aerodynamics, and two is because it complements softer curves on the car, so unless you go really edgy id stretch it out.... might i reccomend a dual reversed scoop, if u stretched ur hood out a bit and whipped that on it would be cool, also make your brake calipers red or orange for that would complment the car best .. In the front, keep the grille, its the only thing that makes how tall the front end is not look absolutely ridiculous. Back to the hood, something like this possibly Posted Image

yep im critical but critisizm only can help if you take it right :P

looking good :P
from the look of the shape it remindes me of this car:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
What I don't really like are the headlights, they remind me of cars (the movie :P ) :/
They look to friendly.
The need to look more agressive like the front bumper
The rims look too thin, they could break any momemt at 200mph
But that's just my opinion :P
I would also add some details to the tires
Overall it's a nice design so far :P
keep it coming