xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

My New Monitors!

Today I got my new Wise Wing W702B 17" LCD monitors for my new computer. Since I don't have all the parts, I've decided to use one monitor on my Linux system for now to replace a 15" CRT monitor which was really cranking out some heat!It is a VERY nice monitor! No dead pixels, just a stuck white pixel... which I gently massaged out. Sometimes it'll be a little stubborn, but it's out. Wise Wing is a subdivision of Prolink International & for a newer brand, I'll purchase again for sure! The one monitor I'm currently using is nice and bright! My laptop's screen even at full brightness isn't even this bright!It's a VERY nice monitor so if you're looking for an inexpensive (I got mine from NewEgg for $145 USD each) LCD monitor, go with this one from Wise Wing!! Great brand! After a while, I'll have to post in the review forum.[N]F

Never heard of Wise Wing before but the price sounds good. I saw some LCD monitors recently for around $100 even. These are not no name brands either. TigerDirect is selling an Acer 17" LCD for $120 after rebates. Cousins have used one of these before and I find them quite impressive for that price. Acer is also a brand I trust since my first PC (back in 1997) was an Acer and that thing is still working.For the stuck pixel, does that count as a "defect" in the LCD? Any possibililty for a return and exchange?Yeah, same thing here. These laptop LCDs, even regular CRTs I think, will eventually wear themselves out over time and have less bright effect.

Same as me i've never heard of the brand but from your description it seems good, i might take a look at some pictures of it because at the moment i'm looking for a nice decent and cheap lcd screen.I don't mind the crt screens though it's just that the lcds are more energy efficient and they look soo much better on your desktop.After i take a look at some pics i might see if they have any in some shops or i might just buy one off an online store.-HellFire

Now I'm jealous... I'd really want a flat monitor. Or a couple. My CRT is fine... It's 19" and being a CRT supports high resolutions which I like to use. But it seems likely that I'll be moving more than once within a year and a heaevy 19" CRT is a real pain to haul to fourth floor! Not to mention the added fesk space that would come handy. Good thing is that TFTs are constantly getting cheaper and the quality has been improving a lot. Maybe soon I'll afford one. :unsure:

lolz i am using CRT monitor but i am looking for Also LCD monitor but i will buy when i have miney to buy for that well i had saw the pic and read features of Wise Wing W702B 17' LCD monitor and it's looks good well man use it if tel us about it after 2 or 3 months that hows it's working going on,,,,

that is cheap..the one i want to buy is an ACER 17" LCD or an almost equivalent.. it cost $250 to $320 each..i only need one but the price is big.. so i drop my plan and get myself a Intel Dual Core instead.. it cost only $120 here in our country..I always want to have an LCD.. lucky you..

Sounds really nice, you lucky lucky man :D
Some pictures would be great. I envy you for that monitor. I have a 15 inch flat screen, not bad but it could be better.

-kyle

Don't worry! I'll take some pictures! I'm currently waiting for the rest of my hardware to arrive (CPU, RAM, graphics card, hard drive, optical drive) minus the sound system which I some how forgot. Once the rest of it is in (should be either Wed. or Thursday), I'll get it built and post some pictures for you guys!

It's nothing much... mostly a multitasking PC which is what I need! My laptop can't take all the stress I put on it since it is designed as a BUSINESS LAPTOP.... it's great for documents, spreadsheets, presentations.... and coding.... but that's about it. Oh, movies work well too. But you can only watch a movie without any system intensive programs (*cough* firefox *cough*) running else it will get laggy.

[N]F

drooool :D . I wish I had 2 LCD screens, this 17"CRT and 15" CRT are just using so much space on my desk. To bad big LCDs need good graphic cards for playing (LCD = only one good resolution) and I won't go for anything lessn than 1280*1024 ;)

Hey, just an update:I WILL be posting pictures soon, I just want to clean up my desk a bit. I'll try some pictures of my actual rig too, but lighting is terrible so I'll see what I can do!I'm really loving my monitors. Auto-adjust works perfectly, no dead pixels! :D[N]F

One thing that I heard about about LCD moniters is that it is a whole lot better on your eyes then I believe a CRT monitor. So for projects or times where you are progressively staring at the monitor the LCD moniter is probably the best to use for your health. I'm glad I just recently updated to the LCD moniters everything looks more clean and my computer desk looks just seems more professional.Anyone know of any other good brands of LCD moniters of more info about LCD monitors? This topic got me interested in a more detailed look about LCD monitors and what makes it better than other monitors out there right now.

Hey! Here are pictures of my system! :D Since I promised pictures, here they are! Enjoy!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now I need to explain what you're seeing in this shot: Posted Image

1. PHP/MySQL book from which I'm getting assistance for a project

2. Breakfast :o

3. My php editor with some code that I'm working on

4. The User Interface of my project... hehe.. I took the liberty of blurring out the logo! ;) It's a secret project for now... even my friends don't know much about it.

5. AVG Free scanning my external hard drive against viruses!

And as you can see in the shots with my monitors, there's A LOT open on the task bars! (Note the second task bar on the right monitor).

Enjoy, just don't eat up all my photobucket bandwidth! :o

[N]F