xisto Community
cassie1405241527

I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Maplestory FTW!I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

BASED ON Tuesday May 4th/10

MAPLESTORY FTW!

OK so, maplestory has like 13 classes YA 15! w00t!

OK 6 adventures eg. Pirate,magician,rogue(theif), archer, pirate and warrior not to mention the ALMIGHTY BEGINNER!

6 cygnuses eg. Storm breaker,wind archer,blaze wizard,dawn warrior,night walker, and the ALMIGHTY NOBLESS!

1 aran

and 1 EVAN THE DRAGON RIDER!

Ok like seriously, runescape... A game made by a jagex or a kid w/ crayons? life look at the graphics! I mean I played both and runescape is ok. I played runescape like once every like week cause it was soooo boring -.- Many people say that you don't have to download anything but java you need 2 download right? >.> there is like 10 quests for non-members and life 100 for members... F2p??? ***? the world is totally for members cause you cant do like anything but kill cows and chickens... Defination of f2p Please??? 0.O

ok many people say that maplestory is all about killing snails and mushrooms but if you actually get to like lvl 30+, you might not b a puss and actually travel to places like ludi/aqua road where there are WAAAAAAAAAY more monster. And what I think really pisses a lot of maple fans including me is when rs fans are like "maple sucks because you have to spam the same friking key 10 000 to lvl" does that even make sense? like for runescape you use the mouse for everything! without auto kill then youd b sitting there with your life clickin the mouse for 10 hours killing a spider 0.O

ok this is what happens when you die

maplestory:5-10% exp.. Not that badRunescape:all your items except 3-4 unless you  just happen to have your prayer on

Now you don't have to grind cause you got pq's which lvls you up quite fast so more more grinding =D yayz

also, the attacks for runescape sucks! like the same thing repetive for ever! for maplestory you get like a gagillion attacks to choose from. Assign each attack to a key and your ready!

Also transportation... I bet all the runescape fans are just like " muahahahahaha we own you cause we got teleport! PWNED NUB!" and ill be life ever heard of a return to nearest town or town scrolls? like seriously. Also: haste, speedéjump equips, flash jump, teleport, sound rush and mounts which runescape doesnt have at all.

maple drops are life 100x better then runescape.

there is a lot of things that ms is better then runescape such as:ChatPqGuild questTradeCostF2pFriendship ( really important if you think about it)StorylineVarietyUser friendlyLeveling upAttack(eg) below)Transportation variety

Runescape noob1:hey dude, I got 45 strength and I got full addy pwned!Runecape noob2:so? I got so much runes and magic level I pwn you!0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O

and maplestory is lifeMaplestory noob1:ownage! I mastered critical shot, and I got lilbies not to mention a 12 attack wg! AND SHADOW PARTNER WITH TRIPLE THROW!Maplestory noob2: dude your a lvl 186 and I'm lvl 10 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O 0.O

and you have 2 admit, there is alot more maple is better than runescape at, the only thing I can think about runescape better then maple is pvp.

May 2010 

I have personally been playing both games on and off for about 5 years or so. 

1. Stop attacking the graphics of RuneScape. If you have played recently, or even visited the homepage of RuneScape, you would have realized that it is improved by leaps and bounds. 

2. RuneScape is 3D, MapleStory is 2D. 

3. RuneScape updates a few times weekly, whereas MapleStory updates only once a month.

4. RuneScape is an online game, mind you. On the otherhand, MapleStory is one where you would have to download and install. You can play RuneScape on any computer on the go, but if you were at a friend's party or something similar, you wouldn't be able to play MapleStory.

5. RuneScape's membership is really worth it. $5 a month(quests, skills, items - really extensive), compared to the main 'cash-sink' of MapleStory the A-Cash store, where you spend $10 on items only.

6. RuneScape does have 2x experience too.

7. RuneScape can also be played in fullscreen. 

8. During my time with both games, I have found the RuneScape community to be generally more mature, helpful and constructive compared to the ones on MapleStory.

The bottom line: Depends on personal preference. If you enjoy 2D gameplay that is updated once a month, go for MapleStory. If you look forward to 3D graphics, frequent updates, and an open community, go for RuneScape. Either ways, just don't get too addicted. 

MS is fun at start but boring in the end. The ooonly thing you will do in maple is lvling up your combat. Just kill monsters monsters and Monster... I prefer runescape because it has various things you can do, such as: mining then lvling up your smithing so you can melt the ores to armor, go fishing and sell it for profit. Etc etc.

Runescape>MSI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Ok, everyone saying runescape has bad graphics and bad drops obviously hasn't played since 2007. It was CRAP back then, but it's made so much progress recently. The graphics aren't like clay anymore, there are bosses, dungeons, skilling is FUN, and everyone complaining about 5.95 a month must be what, 11? I know 13 year olds who can just make 6 dollars a month mowing A lawn. Stop crying.

-reply by Zalcior

MAPLESTORYYYI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?So,Lets get startedI played BOTH for about 3 years equal.Maplestory honestly is better , even though its 2D There is alot more skills etc. On thereAs Runescape is just changing a weapon and whacking a monster with a darn Whip every 2 seconds while it whacks you back? CMONMaplestory you can actually JUMP Up and down , You can dodge out of the way from an incoming hit or use your own skills from 1st job , 2nd , 3rd and 4th! there is an oncoming new skills waiting for you to the next milestone you step into , And from 2nd Job up it just gets hecka Fun.And in around Dec. 2010 Or Jan. 2011 Maplestory is remodeling everything.Attack Formula , Accuracy and SO much more like they are adding new Skills to almost EVERY single job in Maplestory. So even more fun for you!And the people that say that its not F2P they are wrong , Its entirely up to you if you wanna spend money on it or not , They are mad because they knew it would be addicting , Please listen to me when I say this , For my own purposes and me worrying for you , DO NOT BUY A SINGLE NX POINT. It will be addicting and do not worry if your Damage is low , Its still a fun game. HAVE FUN!-reply by Poop

Runescape vs. MaplestoryI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

*sigh* for all you Maple Story lovers out there complaining about runescape's "bad" skills, and maplestory's "good" skills... Well I have something to say to you. Maplestory's skills aren't really skills. They are just different ways to attack. Maplestory is just a game packed with 8 year olds and fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting... Runescape allows you to do whatever you want, you can train combat if you want, but if you're tired of fighting all the time like in maplestory... You can do other skills, and quests. Oh don't get me started about the quests in maplestory... Basically, the quests are just fighting monsters to get items to give back to the guy who gave you the quest... So that's just more fighting fighting fighting fighting... The quests in runescape are actually fun, because there is variety, and you need skills (yes actual skills, not fighting crap like maplestory) to start and/or finish the quest. Each quest gives a reward like any other, but these rewards can also lead to unlocking new quests. These quests also have a story line, that most of the time DON'T HAVE TO DO WITH FIGHTING. And for all you people talking about how you can't "jump" in runescape, well there's a skill called AGILITY. Yup! you get to go around courses or jump over firey pits and spikes to get experience. Now you might say, oh but you can't jump normally like when you're not on a course. Well that's true, but what's the point of jumping when you don't need to. It's like saying, why don't you have ACTUAL skills. I have tried Maplestory and got to around level 70 quite easily. And people say it's alot harder than Runescape because the level goes to 200. Hello! There's more than ONE SKILL in runescape. There's around 25. Yessir, 25 skills you can get to 99. Each 99 takes around 13 million experience, which will take you anywhere from 3 weeks to a couple months. So if you add that up, that might come to a couple years, 5-6 maybe even. Runescape's graphics, I remember when I was in Middleschool and every korean kid was complaining how Runescape's graphics sucked... If you actually played the game, you would know that it's got pretty damn good graphics for a java-based system. And it does update alot, so you were probably reffering to the graphics of 2004-2007. The last thing I wanted to mention is the "classes" and weapons. Okay, Runescape allows you to do anything you want. So you don't have to make one account per "class" or skill whatever... That is just a waste of time. And weapons... Wow... People say, haha I can hit 2000 in maplestory. Well... Yeah cuz that's how it was coded, maplestory offers high hits, which I think are more confusing, because in runescape you can say hey I hit a 20! that's my highest hit now! That's awesome! (well actually it would be 200 now because of the new update) And the weapons in runesacpe are controlled. There is bronze, iron, steel, black/white, mithril, adamantine,rune,dragon,barrows and special armours. And this applies to everything. So you'll never find a made up name for a new weapon like darkbanes' soulkeeper wahtever maplestory sucks lolwut weapon. The weapons are controlled and don't hit 1000s or 1000000000s. And the system is pretty much unhackable, but there are quite a few botters, which there are also in maplestory. I've seen a lot of vids in maplestory that show people hacking hitting 100000s. That reminds me... The mods, or GMs you call them in MS are not good at detecting, bots and/or hackers, which makes me laugh, because Maplestory will never be as good as Runescape.

-reply by David

Runescape vs. MaplestoryI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?*sigh* for all you Maple Story lovers out there complaining about runescape's "bad" skills, and maplestory's "good" skills... Well I have something to say to you. Maplestory's skills aren't really skills. They are just different ways to attack. Maplestory is just a game packed with 8 year olds and fighting fighting fighting fighting fighting... Runescape allows you to do whatever you want, you can train combat if you want, but if you're tired of fighting all the time like in maplestory... You can do other skills, and quests. Oh don't get me started about the quests in maplestory... Basically, the quests are just fighting monsters to get items to give back to the guy who gave you the quest... So that's just more fighting fighting fighting fighting... The quests in runescape are actually fun, because there is variety, and you need skills (yes actual skills, not fighting crap like maplestory) to start and/or finish the quest. Each quest gives a reward like any other, but these rewards can also lead to unlocking new quests. These quests also have a story line, that most of the time DON'T HAVE TO DO WITH FIGHTING. And for all you people talking about how you can't "jump" in runescape, well there's a skill called AGILITY. Yup! you get to go around courses or jump over firey pits and spikes to get experience. Now you might say, oh but you can't jump normally like when you're not on a course. Well that's true, but what's the point of jumping when you don't need to. It's like saying, why don't you have ACTUAL skills. I have tried Maplestory and got to around level 70 quite easily. And people say it's alot harder than Runescape because the level goes to 200. Hello! There's more than ONE SKILL in runescape. There's around 25. Yessir, 25 skills you can get to 99. Each 99 takes around 13 million experience, which will take you anywhere from 3 weeks to a couple months. So if you add that up, that might come to a couple years, 5-6 maybe even. Runescape's graphics, I remember when I was in Middleschool and every korean kid was complaining how Runescape's graphics sucked... If you actually played the game, you would know that it's got pretty damn good graphics for a java-based system. And it does update alot, so you were probably reffering to the graphics of 2004-2007. The last thing I wanted to mention is the "classes" and weapons. Okay, Runescape allows you to do anything you want. So you don't have to make one account per "class" or skill whatever... That is just a waste of time. And weapons... Wow... People say, haha I can hit 2000 in maplestory. Well... Yeah cuz that's how it was coded, maplestory offers high hits, which I think are more confusing, because in runescape you can say hey I hit a 20! that's my highest hit now! That's awesome! (well actually it would be 200 now because of the new update) And the weapons in runesacpe are controlled. There is bronze, iron, steel, black/white, mithril, adamantine,rune,dragon,barrows and special armours. And this applies to everything. So you'll never find a made up name for a new weapon like darkbanes' soulkeeper wahtever maplestory sucks lolwut weapon. The weapons are controlled and don't hit 1000s or 1000000000s. And the system is pretty much unhackable, but there are quite a few botters, which there are also in maplestory. I've seen a lot of vids in maplestory that show people hacking hitting 100000s. That reminds me... The mods, or GMs you call them in MS are not good at detecting, bots and/or hackers, which makes me laugh, because Maplestory will never be as good as Runescape.-reply by David

I've played both games for about 4 years each. I've had a level 128 in runescape and a 98 in Maplestory. If you're a simple gamer I would suggest to going with Maplestory because there is not much to do, except for leveling and quest, but the quests arent all to difficult. Runescape is very addicting but is better for people who would like to get deep into the game and play for hours at a time. There is more to do in Runescape because there are 28 or so different skills you have to get to 99. A HUGE downer about Runescape is the amount of macro-ers, or botters. They ruin the independant economy which makes it harder for people to make money overall. Like just over the summer as I was playing the price of a certain item went from 1k to 5k over a month or two. Either way my 4 year experience of both games advises you to play Maplestory over runescape, or if youre interested in a pretty fun FPS (first person shooter) I'd suggest Wolfteam, its a great game that actually requires skill unlike Maplestory or Runescape. 

-reply by Mike Oxlong

RunescapeI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

personally I would have to say runescape. Some say the quests are too confusing, but the maplestory ones are WAYYY too easy and are therefore boring because they're all the exact same..Runescape graphics aren't very good, but maplestory looks so cartoony it's like a very little kid game.In maplestory there aren't really any skills...There are so many ways to level up in runescape cause there's sword fighting, archery, minig, etc. And they are not worthless because they add to the game and give you more to do. I do agree that the combat/movement is kinda lame because it is mouse click and it does it all for you. What difference does the amount of damage make when you are actually killing monsters/beasts instead of stumps and mushrooms...Like seriously those are so for 6 year olds >_<. What sounds does maplestory have? same really. Weird monster sounds and light music. (personally I like runescape musics better). The world is not confusing at all. Its a little mroe confusing because its actually 3D...So maybe you have to look at the map a few times to get to know it well...Big whoop.

overall I personally feel that runescape is much better (having played both). I felt that maplestory is made for a much younger audience making it much more simple and thus boring for older kids with more experience with games.

MapleStory or Runescape? Easy!I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

This is an easy one...Maplestory obviusly! Runescape first of all has bad graphics,crappy movement, and you need to pay money in Runscape to get full game play.Even when you get full game play it still sucks! I've played Runescape for 3 years and nothing to special has happened... Yet ive been paying Maplestory for 4years(started RS in 2005 and MS in 2006)and maplestory went from explorers(4classes),noc(4 classes),Aran,Evan,DBS,and soon to happen, the big bang. I started by looking up these debates and found about MS and then played RS less...So what do you think is better A good graphic,story line,great skilled(Arrow Blow, Ice Strike,etc awesome skills) and social game(MS) or a crappy graphic,horrible story line, horrible skills(mining, fishinng.Etc idiotic), and an unsocail game.

-reply by Darkloyer

MapleStory is WAY better than Runescape. Everything about MapleStory is better. In MS, you can get across the map in about 5 seconds with the haste skill ( run faster and jump higher). In RS if you want to go 20 ft you click, and should be there in about 30 seconds. It could not be any bit more boring. The attacking is better in MapleStory, seeing as you have a chance to move around and avoid being hit, while in Runescape you take turns hitting each other and hit little. While in MS you are flying around the map hitting like 5000s. The quests are also better. In RS say you have to go talk to someone about something. You go to the map and see that person is across the map. Alright so about 50, 000  clicks and you should be there. After you talk to that person you have to go all the way back. Another 50, 000 clicks. In MapleStory you have the choice to take a cab. A small price to get to where you want fast. So you start a quest in one place, see that you need to go to somewhere else on the map. Take a cab. 2 seconds later, you are there. Sure sometimes the quests involve killing a lot of monsters, but it can be quite fun. You can try out all of the skills you have, and you get things like money and things you can wear and use. After completing the quests, you can get things like money, equips or sometimes EXP, to help you lvl. Overall MapleStory is much better.

-reply by MapleStory>Runscape

I think maplestory is so much better, it starts off fun then stays fun. Runescape you need to get a high level (around 50) for it to get fun. Most of the stuff in runescape is paid with a membershi. The combat system is HORRIBLE, you just click on an enemy wait for it to die then go on the next. In maplestory you need skill to fight monster by pressing a button you need, to use what skill you need ext... They have 8 jobs and more to come.(Thief, warrior, bowman, Mage,Pirate, Aran, Evan, and dual blade) Runescape is probally the most boring game I played.

for runescape it gets boring for F2P after level 50 or so, because all the quests run out and you don't have anything to do except grinding. It you pay $8 a month then you get full member access which has a lot more features and so.

Runescape has teleporting spells to other main towns, but you have to be a certain level to use them. It also have a greater variety of things that you can do like fishing, woodcutting, mining. It is more real life compared to Maple. Runescape's quests are more to my liking because in Maple most quests are just killing this many monster, get this much of this thing the monster dropped or jumping quests. Whereas, runescape's quests are more 'quest-like'.

Recently the attack of runescape has changed, adding an extra 0 at the end of each attack.

Quality wise, maple is better because in runescape everything is pixelated but runescape is probably the best free online adventure game.

In maple you can level faster and the game is rather optimistic and cute styled but good. Runescape is more real.

But I think I prefere maple :)

Rs better-in my opinionI'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

I think that Rs is better then maple  for several reasons:

1)no need to download

2)people say that quests are confusing, use a quest helper!

3)more things to do so you don't get bored (the OTHER skills except... Combat...Grind...Kill)

4)has a GE so u don't need to shout 10000x times to buy something you want

5)just so you know, the old wildy's(wilderness) back

now the graphics... There's something in runescape now called the HD button, it makes the graphics equal or better to that of maplestory in my opinion.

teleportation :if you played Rs long enough, then you surely must know of a magic book icon... That allows you to teleport the same way as you do with a cab in maplestory if you have required magic level.

one of the disadvantages of course are hackers/bots, but I've never  been hacked and I played for 4 years so it isn't that likely.

player base: well, I'm not really sure about this one, since maplestory has different versions and I only live in eroupe so I don't know about the other versions

and just so u know, I have played maplestory, and I got bored of it... At lv30, but it's worth a try if u just wanna hit and kill.

-reply by hhihih

Runescape Vs. Maplestory. MOST RECENT 2011I'm A Little Lost: MapleStory Or RuneScape ?

Ive gone through all comments and realised they were posted in 2006-2009.. ..Which is a period when RuneScape was developing and MapleStory was well established. If you compare them NOW in 2011, we have a clear winner - RuneScape.1) RuneScape doesnt need to be downloaded and it can be played on any browser with Java Enabled, or a Windows client which doesnt require and Java Plug-in.2) Okay I must agree the RS graphics back in 2006 were rubbish, but if you play it now, the highly-detailed graphics with elaborate textures and animations will win you over. HD version is available. Moreover anyone would prefer 3D to sidescrolling and more realistic and absolute graphics of RS to those impractical and childish graphics in MS3) The Quests in RS are intense and recently have been involving the player a lot. The gameplay is getting more addictive with updates coming in every week or sometimes even twice a week. YOu've got a lot of skills to train and RuneScape even has its own economy like any-other country in real life.Ive played both games and I cant help but favor RuneScape in all spheres. It may seem bias, but this is the truth 

-reply by Kten