xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Final)arkJon

Microsoft Stock amazing

wow this was on abc or something and id thought i share it with you. well knowing me i did the math... if you were to buy 400 dollars worth of microsoft stock only 15 years ago you would have 1,000,000 dollars today that is just amazing. also 2 years ago kmarts stock was at 5 dollars, now its at like 90 or higher. i just keep thinking i am so freaking stupid i could be such a rich man right now if i woulda bought that crap! omg lol grrr.. it can be risky tho

It not always too much worrying. If you have researched the stock well and are sure of it giving profits. u don't need to worry. coz.. though it might not give ur good returns in the short term.. but over a longer period it would definitely appreciate in value thus giving good returns...so invest in a company which you know is fundamentally strong and where the growth prospects are high... If u put is some startup, u are taking a little risk but if it gains it would give u higher returns. No doubt 15 years ago, most of the folks would not have considered microsoft giving such returns, but those who had belief and held on.. are now rich..In the stock market there is one principle : High Risk, High ReturnLow Risk, Low ReturnCheers.

It not always too much worrying. If you have researched the stock well and are sure of it giving profits. u don't need to worry. coz.. though it might not give ur good returns in the short term.. but over a longer period it would definitely appreciate in value thus giving good returns...

(...)

High Risk, High Return

Low Risk, Low Return

Cheers.

63242[/snapback]

do you know how is that called? speculation!. do you know what does it do? nothing good. you may ask why? because it only adds more difference between social scals.

how? you see... you invest most a lot of money in a company which you think is strong. and you win a lot! but do you know what? with the money you invested, the company used it to expand its market. how? killing similar companies which had less resources!

or it may be upside-down! your invested money may not be enough for that company to expand its market, and it may be killed by a larger one.

and so, the life becomes a "Survivor" programme, in which only the strongest survives. and that's wrong. that's what the imperialism has been doing since centuries, and that's what kills people all 'round the world: Iraq, Sudan, Palestine, Kenia, Checheny, and many other places, which are covered by News Agencies and criminal goverments.

and if all this still don't care... if you don't care to power the "kill-or-die" law... you should, due to the following:

why you think petrol's price flies around the planets every day? because of speculation! yes! the fear of Iraq's situation makes petrol companies' association to decrease the production, which means that the price becomes to fly away a little bit more every day, and that is something, i'm sure you care about.

Conclusion

Don't invest in Microsoft, because it will continue killing smaller companies, like Mozilla (Mozilla Browser, Firefox, Thunderbird, ...) and other ones.

The stock market is a lot more than speculation. Actually it's a statistical anomoly. Believe it or not, it follows certain patterns. If one is able to look at the rules, combine them with the current news and the way other people are reacting on the stock market, it's possible to make good trades most of the time.It's like anything. You do your research and stick to your plan, you come out ok (mostly), you ignore them, it bites you in the *bottom*.

I was just wondering who would have bought Microsoft stock 15 years ago? Let's face it ... DOS was quite nice but it wasn't the only one... One day Microsoft will fall > I should remind you "Everything that has a beginning has an end!"

Researching companies to buy stocks may make you believe that you are not gambling but it is still a gamble. How many people had ENRON stock? What about WorldCOM? You think huge companies would be a safe investment but because of accounting anomolies and fraud, you get screwed. The so called research analysts for companies are ALWAYS wrong. Those morons can't analyze *BLEEP*. I should know, I work with them everyday. They just follow their simple templates and rules and don't think or see anything outside of their box. They simply take the numbers given to them from the companies and run the numbers in their little spread sheets. Some don't even really keep up to date with the news on the industry they are covering. IT's really sad.

wow this was on abc or something and id thought i share it with you. well knowing me i did the math... if you were to buy 400 dollars worth of microsoft stock only 15 years ago you would have 1,000,000 dollars today that is just amazing. also 2 years ago kmarts stock was at 5 dollars, now its at like 90 or higher. i just keep thinking i am so freaking stupid i could be such a rich man right now if i woulda bought that crap! omg lol grrr.. it can be risky tho

63176[/snapback]

This is nothing new. This is how ever stock is for major companies. They all started from nothing, and so did their stocks (for the most part). This is no big secret that if you invest in a small company and it makes huge companies that the stock prices will become huge as well.

But yeah, Microsoft grew so large, so I guess it is sort of an exception. That's why Bill Gates is the richest man in the US :).

well, i bought microsoft stock 3 years ago and i've lost about 1/2 of it's value. so ... i've not been too happy with it. actaully, everything i've invested in hasn't done to good. i'm hoping though, in 15 years, that microsoft stock will be worth a little forturne. as much as i disagree with so many of their products, they are a money maker.