xisto Community
mediafork

Old Skool Games

crystal rainforest, best game i ever playedOld Skool GamesReplying to iGuestHey I remember a game which I think is crystal rainforest but I want to be sure, all I remember is:At the start you had to operate this orange juice machine, you went everywhere in a helicopter and there was a bit where you couldn't land cos of landmines and you had to send down this little robot to scoot around and blow up the mines for you. Oh yeah I think there was a professor too. Any of that ring a bell with you?

Need a title of an old game (Car shooting game)Old Skool Games

Hi there..

I need a greta favor I'm looking for a game which came out in the year 2004 to 2006 Its actually a car shooting game, I don't remember a single name of the game, bt its like u can create your own car and chose cities and play its a wonderful game. I just need the title, If u all just can suggest me the names yall can guezz I think Ill be able to figure it out.

So now Please any genious over there. Help me out

thankz and Cheerz

Waiting fr your comments

-question by Alister

I Can't seem to remember the title of the game, but I believe it was something with "time" ..

It's kinda like Duke'nuk'em and such, only I seem to remember some timeswappings..!

I'm blank - anybody with a little help?

-reply by Peter L

Hey i need really help ReadOld Skool Games

hey I need help with one game I played when I was little I don't remember the name =( Description:You are a boy with slingshot in school you can go to classes and hit girls and boys with it you can go anywhere when youre in school need help with it (btw when you go out I think you get another day)Send e-mail to elite-1337@hotmail.Com and reply here THX IF YOU HELP

-question by JJJGamer

Old PC/Mac Game HelpOld Skool Games

Greetings, I haven't seen a recent post on this forums that could help but if anyone still reads them I could use a hand. I'm trying to remember the title ofa game I played in grade school. I don't remeber any part of the title but I do recall what it was about.

It was an educational game about dinosaurs. You were a person asigned to some sort of explores team in the future or something. You were sent back into the past in order to take pictures of specific dinosaurs and bring them back with you to fill up an archive, that's about all I can remember other than I think it played like the old Myst games in that you had to move through the world one screen at a time using navigation arrows on the screen.

If anyone knows the name of this game I would appreciate the help.

-reply by Ziyn

I'm quite an big fan of all games, and oldschool games tooWho doesn't remember playing Doom or Super Mario bros, those were the days,A time where the content of a game was more important then the graphicswho doesn't remember playing a game for the fun of it and not just beating other peoplethose were the days.Jim Out :)

Top 10 for me has to be:1. Aces of the Deep 2. X-Com (Terror From The Deep and Enemy Unknown) 3. Duke Nukem 4. Master of Orion II 5. Conquest of the New World 6. Civilisation II 7. Dungeon Keeper (1 and 2) 8. Warcraft II 9. Mario Kart 64 10. Goldeneye (N64)Although not necessarily in that order. Don't get me wrong, I loved the old NES and even had the original pong game with the twisty control but the above got me through my childhood!Going a little further back, I love to play the old BBS door games, the best still being Legend of the Red Dragon (LORD) which is apparently still online on some of the synchronet servers still up and running. I used to run a synchronet server myself a few years back but nobody has the nostalgia attacks anymore for some old skool telnet gaming. Mind you, if I can find enough people willing to put a small telnet community back together I'd be willing to get LORD and Clans etc. back up and running. My home php test server is online 24/7 as it is and let's face it, telnet isn't exactly bandwidth heavy.

Edited by 8ennett (see edit history)

Need help to remember this game title. ThanksOld Skool Games

Hi all. Please help me remember this old 2 player game. Any info is appreciated.

First, it starts with a blue and white planet. Moments later a Space ship flies towards the planet coming from the top of the screen,Followed by another ship coming from the bottom of the screen.

The gameplay is as followed : 

It is a side-scroller game where the ship in question becomes a robot.There are two button, one which fires foward and another button that allows the robot to turn and fire behind it.In order to power up, certain enemies drop power icons that can be shotIn order to change its type. After a certain amount of changes, itBecomes a super icon, usually a glowing star of some sort which grantsYou one of the most powerful weapons in the game. Also, picking up theSame type of icon of the weapon you are currently using makes yourCurrent weapon more powerful.Weapon types for example are, straight shots (which can grow from 2Beams to about 5 beams), tri-shots (one straight beam and two others at a 45 degree angle) and a heavy beam bazooka (long bright blast, slowFiring). There are 2 super weapons which are, Dual Rapid Fire beam (much like the straight shots only they are so close, they actually look like one single beam and each shot is like 3 times the power of the straight shot), and a Super Tri-Shot (this fires beams that look like bracketsThat go straight forward, straight up and straight down)Next, the special feature about this game is that the robots can join.If a player picks up the special icon. The robot transforms back into aPlane and the other robot/ship whether or not there is a human playerComes and merges with the other. Any of the ships may pick up thePower-up. The one that picks it up gains control of the entire fusion.Two added bonuses gained is that the new robot can take one hit, whichBreaks them back to two separate individuals and while combined, eachTime you fire, it fires another weapon (which cannot be changed orUpgraded) in all directions. If player 1 is in control, then it fires aShot straight out, if player 2 then it fires a short ranged boomarang.If 2 players are playing then during the joining, the main playerControls the robot and the second player fires the secondary, allDirection weapon.

Thats all I can remember. Hope it helps. I really hope someone remembers the name. Thats all I ask for. Tanks in advance.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I forgot to add my email earlier.

-question by Erik

Commando?Old Skool Games

hey all!I've been trying to hunt down an old game I used to have..As far as I can remember it was just called "Commando"..It was a 2D sidescrolling shooter with heaps of platforming in it..It was blocky graphics, but more advanced than your 8 bit stuff..I can't quite remember if it was DOS or not..Anyway.. I love it to bits.. I had great fun playing it and would like to find a copy again..Any help would be awesome!

Thank you!-question by ibepirateowl

Old DOS game about robot dinosaur. Anyone remember?Old Skool Games

Guys,

I cannot remember the name of this game. It was 2d platform, like super mario bros, but you had to reach the end to go to the next screen, with new obstacles. In some screens, the player controlled a robot dinosaur, trapped behind a force field. Then the player would control a flying robot deployed from the dino's belly, and reach a lever switch, to open the passage. Some screens were played as a robot. The robot and the dinosaur were big, like half-screen tall.

The scenerios were alien, robotic, like the insides of a ship. There were no points, as I recall.

Anyone remember the title of this game? I'd love to replay it.

-reply by Marcio

I dont know what to consider as oldschool now. I was born in 1990 so my first system was a super nintendo with donkey kong country on it. My neighbor had a regular nintendo and a sega genesis. Anyway then I moved up to a psx. My psx came with test drive 4 and intelligen cube. One of my favorite games on super nintendo was gradius 3. Anyway my favorite playstation games were need for speed high stakes and Tony hawk's pro skater 2 to name a few. I also loved computer games. I got my first computer a gateway in 1998. It came with battlezone, dark reign and many other computer games. I fell in love with battlezone and bought battlezone 2 when it came out later. This is still one of my favorite online multiplayer games. Anyway I also played gameboy color games like pokemon red, blue, gold, silver and crystal but haven't played any since crystal. I haven't been keeping up with today's newest games so I am definately behind because I've been saving money and trying to survive the college life. Anyway hope I gave you some suggestions of some good oldschool games!

Anyone out there still remember Master of Orion II? Need to find enough people who still play it to get some online play on the go.

Thanks to the emulated IPX protocol in DosBox we can finally play it over the internet as well so no need for LAN parties or any of that rubbish.

Master of Orion II is a great strategy game focused on galactic conquest. Building your empire as standard strategy games do, but travelling to other solar systems and colonising them, advanced diplomatic negotiations and trade with other races, long lists of technological advancements which need researching and so on.

I've really started getting back in to MOOII again so if anyone does feel like some online play then it's still available to buy from amazon for dirt cheap and I can talk you through setting it up with dosbox.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like to play retro games, I used to have (and still have) and Amiga 1200 computer, so I played a lot of games and still have nostalgia for them, sometimes I just wish I can play with, but I lack time ;[

I could make a small list, but just hope I won't miss anything:

UFO Enemy Unknown or known as X-COM in USA (1994)
Reunion (1994)
The Settlers
Syndicate
Dune II
Cannon Fodder
Civilization
Labyrinth of Time
Wings
Total Chaos
Imperium Teranum 2000
Sim City 2000
and much more ;)

All the quest/adventure games like monkey island, beneath a steel sky, flight of the amazon queen, simon the sorcerer

I just found a list with which I can agree: Best amiga games list ;)

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/votes_list.php

I really like the Amiga games list where I can find complete list of games: http://hol.abime.net/

Sometimes I can just turn on youtube and watch Amiga Longplay fro some kind of a game, it's a video where a game is finished like a movie, even though I just don't watch all the game, but parts of it, just for nostalgia :lol: I hope I am not crazy, but I don't play new games for quite a while.

The newest game I played was I guess Heroes IV :lol: