xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

www.tehgoogle.com - Funny Google Rip-Off Something my friend came across at school

Agreed wholeheartedly. I mean it's not like tehgoogle is making tons and tons of money off of a Google rip-off; it's just a parody. There's a good number of Google rip-offs out there (some better than others), so why would Google single out tehgoogle when tehgoogle isn't necessarily hurting their business? Besides, I've heard that these Google mirrors can help in cases of Google's site being censored in China--people access the mirrors and then access Google skipping the blocked main site. XP Very useful in that respect.

Does the word tehgoogle mean anything in any language? maybe he wanted to have fun with that word...I had a friend who's last name was Goel, so he made a page exactly like Google home page and made the logo called Goel ripping the characters from Google logo itself. So that made his home page look real cool and smart.Maybe some similar attempt is here.Anyway, to be truly like Google, the complete logo and search form should have been in the center.

Here is a tutorial on how to create Google Logo :
- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, that site isn't special or anything, the only thing which makes me feel good about it, that the webmaster can make the text look like google logo, I once tried it, but never succeeded, but maybe I just didn't try enough..And about the copyright ? so why not sue all the sites which has a google search form on their website ?

I think the search box is google service.provided by google itself Edited by knight17 (see edit history)

tehGoogle worked on me.It is an attempt to drive traffic to the new button (ACM). Actually the site doesn't load properly in Opera for me.Anyways, Google won't sue them because they are not advertising and that they are actually helping Google get more and more of the web population to use the search engine (like Google already has tons of).Google has tons of parodies, and they all help Google. :P

well i think that someone (or some people) have way to much time on their hands! what a great waste of time!and then they're probably going to get a great suprise when googles lawyers come knocking at their door!!

There used to be https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BUEEVZnxIqaH8Qf93YGQBA&gws_rd=ssl it was powered by google. I used to use it cause I thought it was hilarious. There was a whole thing overtime as google strong armed the administrator of that site to give them the domain. Eventually the administrator did, but I'm not sure google had a strong legal case or the whole thing would not have gone on as long as it did. I was personally disturbed by google's seeming jerkishness over it. The website made it very very clear they were not owned by google and they were powered by google. There was nothing funny going on the site that could make google look bad, they were just huffy I guess. I suspect most google "mock-ups" will go down the same road.