xisto Community
Nivedita

Internet Through Data Cable

hi guys,I use internet a lot. I am currently using internet via dial-up connection. I am planning to activate internet on my mobile phone. What shall i be needing to use internet on my computer using the mobile connection. I have seen that some people access internet using bluetooth. Does the use of data cable reduces the speed of internet. Kindly supply your valuable comments on how should i go about accessing internet using a mobile phone.Waiting for reply.

I'm not so sure about your cable requirements - but rest assured, the speed through cables should be WAY MORE than any wireless medium such as bluetooth. That's almost always the case - a physical medium like cable is always a better singal carrier.

The best would always be a network cable though (some people think that phone lines give the same speed as network cables). And yes wireless solutions will always be slower than cabled solutions with current technology.Go for wireless if you want ease of use and no messiness. But remember to secure your wireless connection as there are tons of people who don't and end up letting their neighbours use their broadband for free.

Just checking again .. You want to browse the internet on your Mobile via the PC ?

Well in that case we need to know what mobile it is ur using. Incase its a nokia, It should be a S60 Phone. Check If ur mobile exists here so u know if its an S60 or not.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Secondly .. if ur mobile is an S60 .. then u need a program called as GnuBox. Its a project to help people browse the internet on smartphones .. GnuBox supports these phones ..

UIQ phones

SonyEricsson

SonyEricsson

SonyEricsson

Motorola A920

Motorola A925

Motorola A1000

Series60 phones

Series60 v1, v2

Nokia 3600

Nokia 3650, N-Gage, N-Gage QD

Nokia 6600, 7650

Series60 v2 feature pack 1

Nokia 3230

Nokia 6260

Nokia 6620

Nokia 6670

Nokia 7610

Series60 v2 feature pack 2

Nokia 6630, 6680, 6681 2006-03-25 testing/ v1.1 beta3, working (RC state)

Nokia 6682

Series60 v2 feature pack 3

Nokia N70 2005-11-06 testing/ v1.1 beta3, promising inital results

Nokia N90 2005-11-06 testing/ v1.1 beta3, no feedback yet

Series90 phones

Nokia 7710 2006-03-30 testing/ v1.1 beta3, promising inital results

Go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to d'load the version you want. The site has a step by step instruction on how to get u started. But incase you have any problems then http://www.symbianos.org/ can help you sort em out.

Hope this helped, if u need more info .. just post on :P

Regards

Dhanesh.

If you are using GPRS/EDGE data for the Internet connection then using Bluetooth to connect your cell to the computer is not the bottleneck. However, if you have access to 3G network (WCDMA) and the speed is above 800kbps then current Bluetooth devices are slower and become a bottleneck.

i own the sony erricson k800i. great phone! anyway, using the usb cable that comes with it i can hook the phone up to my computer. then i can do all stuff like get messages pictures as well as get the internet through the phone. now the 6800i has 3g so the internet is of an ok speed, anything less then 3g would be rather slow.also the other factor is money, surfing the internet using your phone could be expensive, much more expensive then paying for dial-up or broadband! anyway, thats just a suggestion!

If you plan to use a bluetooth keep in mind that lower quality ones will offer very very poor transfer speeds, so buy quality ones according to the speed you are expecting to get.

how can make best phone?

Hi,

How can we use internate by mobile in to pc?

How can use mobile like webcam?

How can mobile company make recharge voucher?

What is master code and how ut work?

How can we use mobile without recharge?

-reply by pinkal333

how to connect internet using N3230

Hi friends,

I am a new user of ubuntu. I want to connect my Nokia 3230 mobile phone with my computer where I use ubuntu as a operating system and I want to use internet I.E. Idea GPRS via USB . But I don't know the procedure. Would you help me?

-question by pradeep

Descriptive Title for Opinion/FeedbackInternet Through Data Cable

Hi friends

I am using Internet access throw my notebook PCMCIA card,If it any chance can I connect my Desktop PC throw my notebook for Internet access.

regards

karthik

-question by karthikKeywords: how to access my notebook data card through network cable

hi guys,
I use internet a lot. I am currently using internet via dial-up connection. I am planning to activate internet on my mobile phone. What shall i be needing to use internet on my computer using the mobile connection. I have seen that some people access internet using bluetooth. Does the use of data cable reduces the speed of internet. Kindly supply your valuable comments on how should i go about accessing internet using a mobile phone.

Waiting for reply.

so i just say instead of going for bluetooth just go for the cable
but one problem you got out with the cable connection is the cable might just get out easily
i used it for many days but its better for you to go for dsl than that through mobile as they cost too much

Problem in connecting to internetInternet Through Data Cable

Hi.. I hav newly installed nokia pc suite to connect my nokia 3230 using data cable(CA-53) but I'm having problem in connecting to internet... When I make connection it always comes disconnected.. I hav tried lot things but did not succeed.. Please help...

-reply by Rahul