xisto Community
lonebyrd

MySQL Output Database Question

Admin.php is where, according to the script I downloaded, all of the input info was to be stored
It is possible that stored and saved are causing confusion, I think of storing as putting something into the database but saving is what I do with a file. I might edit the file and then save the changes. It might be possible that the admin.php of this script contains the database connection data even though usually it would be in an include file like config.php or db.php possibly something along those lines.

Probably after seeing the code i question it would be easier to determine just what lonebyrd is talking about and be better able to assist in any questions about the script and what it is supposed to be doing.

see its perfectly logical to believe that admin.php is just some sort of control panel. since the script is a downloaded one, every php developer keeps logical names of their files, and in this case, admin.php is a logical backend access name.If we could get the source of the script, or incase lonebyrd could post the script somehow, we could infer what the file is trying to do.

I'm afraid you are confusing two things.

The info is not stored inside admin.php

the info is stored in a table.

admin.php is the program that puts or retrieves the data from the table.

And the table is in the database.

So, lonebyrd, you have to first understands that you have a database, inside the database you have tables, the date are inside the tables, and the php files are programs allowing to add, remove, display or delete the data which are inside the tables.

hey i got your point, i will post the solution later since i got very custom to using my wrapper in accessing the database. For awhile here is what he needs to do so that all of you can understand.

He wants to select a certain group of data in the database and he wants to display the data to admin.php

what you need to do is to capture the result set and store the values in it using indexes to the result set.

--

"hard to solve simple questions if we have been used to solved complex problems.."

=)

Field name does not appear at the php mysql output

MySQL Output Database Question

Hello,

I have installed Apache2Triad in Vista. Created table and a php script to see my table data. Php output shows table data but it does not show the field names !

Could you please help me about this.

Thanks.

Murshed

-question by Murshed

How to display data from a field in mysql tableMySQL Output Database Question

I'm new in mySQL,I have already a table named 'article' with some field:'id' int NULL //for article id'title' varchar 50 //for article title'content' varchar 10240//for article content'read' int with default =0 //for record how many times the article viewedHow to inserting and outputting data to field 'read' as numeric value?Please help me

-reply by Lukenda

mysql returned an empty result set(i.e zero rows)(query took 0.0004 sec.)MySQL Output Database Question

pls. Help in this. My insert.Php is data successfully added and my result.Php has no error except that no data output result coming from the database I made.

thanks

-question by lynd