xisto Community
Asaf

Please Recommend A Decently Priced & Good FPS Game

I'd like to add my vote for Battlefield 2. I picked up the expansion pack version for $39, but the cool thing about it is that it unlocks more guns when you have the "Special Forces" addon that comes with it. It's only really fun if you're playing online against people, because alone, there's no real interaction going on. I think I've logged in 175 hours into it by now haha, so I definitely have my money's worth in terms of game time, and when I get sick of it, I'll take a break for a month... Since no real good games have been coming out for the PC, I just recently started up playing it again. The good thing about multiplayer is the ability to unlock medals and weapons... Sort of gives you a sense of accomplishment when you go up a rank. With the Special Forces pack, you get 2 guns you can upgrade, instead of just 1 if you only had the Battlefield 2 game by itself.Half Life 2 is a definite game to look into. Great story telling and character development. Also, there are "cinematic mods" available for it that jack up the graphics quality and give it a little 'oomph.'System Shock 2, if you can find it, is also an exquisite game.

If you want a good blood boiling first person shooter game try QUAKE 4. When you play it you feel as if you are in a real alien infected battle ground. It is like being the main character in a movie. The guns are much better than doom 3. The shot gun is good, but still not cooler than HALO. You must play it if you want some quality action.Playing Quake 4 is not like playing COD 4. In COD 4 you don't get much surprises. But Quake is full of surprises. You will never know where to point your gun next. It just goes with the flow.Long story short, it is awesome!

Good FPS Game

Please Recommend A Decently Priced & Good FPS Game

If your machine can run it, get Crysis. The graphics are stunning and gameplay is engaging. If your PC can't run it, consider COD4 or BioShock.

-reply by brendanl

Replying to AsafMy favorite is cod2. The reason is coz it still has descent support for the new hardware(wolfenstein and older stuff alike doesnt use the full capabilities of dualcores) and will still work even if you havent upgraded your pc in the last year...I heard halo is gettin recomended... Well halo is a good console game, but it totally mediocre on PCAmerica's army... May amke a cool game after you get used to it, but from my point of wiew it has a missed concept. Cod4... It takes a pretty strong pc for it to run descently.Crysis: havent really played it, just benchmarked my pc on it... -reply by yerowww

You can get call of duty 4 which has been out for quite a while now. Its a very good first person shooter than you can jump into and start killing people if your into those things. Or you can play its very intense story mode. Another good first person shooter would probably rainbow six. Rainbow six vegas has also been out for quite some time, but this game is more tactical then run and gun. You would use ur team, as you are the squad leader. And move with them through your mission. This games enviroment can be very fun to play in because you feel like your in a epic intense mission like you were in the movies.