xisto Community
NilsC

Change In Hosting Packages For All Members This a copy of email sent 3/21/05

To all members of Xisto.com,

Management is pleased to inform you that we have made this great hosting even better and easier to obtain.

There are only 2 plans offered:

Plan1 is an introductory package for those who can?t wait to get started. 20 MB with 500 MB, 10 hosting credit.

Plan 2 is the new default package and is based on the old package 4 but with more bandwidth. 150 MB with 3GB Bandwidth, 30 hosting credit.

Part 1 is for hosted members.

The changes are to the packages and to the way they are obtained, users with package one have no changes. If you have package 2, 3, or 4 you now have 150MB-diskspace and 5GB of Bandwidth. We still have unlimited email and databases but it will show only 99 in cPanel. If you need more than 99 databases or email addresses you can ask for the change when you have 95 working databases or when you have 95 active email.

Hosted users with package 1 can ask for upgrade to package 2 (old plan #4) at any time after you have 30 or more hosting credits. No more post counting, everything is based on your hosting credits and the quality of your posts.

Part 2 is for new members.

There are only 2 plans now, you can post and ask for hosting when you have 10 hosting credits and you will receive the introductory package (Package 1) or you can wait until you have 30 hosting credits before you ask for the default plan (Package 2). What you have to keep in mind is that you must follow the rules and not have any warnings or negative reputation. If you are found breaking the rules you will not receive hosting until you follow the rules.

This part is for both new and hosted members:

If you apply for hosting or for an upgrade and we deny it, you will know because we deleted your request. If your post is closed with a reply from an Administrator you were approved and an email will arrive shortly.

If you ask for hosting or upgrade and your profile is not correct, fake email or non working email and you ask us to re-send the token you will loose 10 hosting credits and have to make that up before you can setup or update the account.

You guys are awesome. Thank you very much!

It's a good change, but I don't need the extra space and bandwidth, however, I need more than package 1...Anyway, that's still very great! Seems like it's easier to get the highest package now.

Why'd you change it to only 2 packages? Get tired of accepting so many requests?..don't blame ya.great service, (when I can access the site! (1 hour a day probably the other it is unattainable, the site won't let me sign in! freakin overloads and stuff :@)keep it up men.

So, Nils, Package Two is the highest you can obtain now?

62718[/snapback]

Yes it is the highest package, it's the same as the old package 4 with 5GB Bandwidth. That makes it a higher package than any of the previous ones.

You guys are awesome.  Thank you very much!

62771[/snapback]

Thank you, If it was not for all the contributing members here we would not have this great community or the ability to offer the hosting. :)

It's a good change, but I don't need the extra space and bandwidth, however, I need more than package 1...Anyway, that's still very great!  Seems like it's easier to get the highest package now.

62777[/snapback]

You have package 2 and if you never use it that's OK. We rather members have a little to much than far to little. And everyone here are helping us achive this. :)

Why'd you change it to only 2 packages? Get tired of accepting so many requests?

..don't blame ya.

great service, (when I can access the site! (1 hour a day probably the other it is unattainable, the site won't let me sign in! freakin overloads and stuff :@)

keep it up men.

62785[/snapback]

Hmmmm, you are partly right, it's a lot easier to Administrate 2 packages than 4 and it's a way of creating uniformity across the different hosts we have. It's a way of saying thank you to all of the contributors here and we hope that everyone will continue as members and enjoy the community.

What site are you talking about that you can't access? Your site here? please PM or email us when that happen so we can check the logs and see what is going on. We found a couple of issues last week but when we split up the servers it should have been taken care of.

Nils

Whatever changes you want to adopt I'm quite happy with them. I'm surprized that you can give everyone package 2 since most of the users will exceed package 1. Thanks alot for the awesome service.

Humm 150 mb space is far enough to be honest...Like 1500 low quality images, or like 50 web pages? It might get too low if your hosting multiple sites on 1 accaunt. (I host 3 but still used about 100 mb, and i got plenty bandwith a month left)As for the bandwith update its pwnoxrs!