xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tripletriangle

Credit Cards

Im terrified of giving my credit card information to ANY site that is not Verisign Verified... I had a terrible experience about three years ago where they cloned my card while I was away on vacation and when I got back 10,000$ were gone. Disappeared. I urgently called the bank and they said it had been from where I lived and I told them I was on vacation so, after 5 months of legal disputes with the bank, I got my money back. And they decided it was someone in the company online that robbed my money...Paypal, although secure, I've heard MANY stories of the sellers changing the price from 100 to 1000 just before the buyer clicks Buy. How can that be?? There is probably a security measure taken for that already, but to have that capability to hack the system is unimaginable and makes you really wonder...For now, I only buy with Amazon. It seems to be the most secure store here. And it has EVERYTHING... I'll stick to Amazon 'cause I really don't think there is any competition or there ever will be...-Triple Triangle (name unknown... lost in the abyss of the internet)

Wow, that really and completely sucks. At least you got your money back, though. Anyways, being 15 and all, I don't have a credit card. All I do if I want to order something is get on my dad's amazon/ebay/paypal account, order it, and give him money.Let him deal with the fraud! :)But I agree with you on amazon, low price for brand new or used things.

I am 17 years old and My parents gave me a credit card just incase of emegencies. I can say that i haven't used it once. I don't like them if you were buy a refrigerator with a credit card you would end up spending 3 times more on it than you would if you just paid cash. The credit card companies have you by the balls and it is no fun getting in the hole with credit cards.

Credit cards are good if used carefully. If u have sufficient cash that you dont need anytime soon... I wud not use my credit card.There are some banks offering virtual card services. i.e., the credit card company would generate a virtual credit card linked to ur original card. U can use this card no the same way as ur original card. But the advantage is that you can specify the limit on ur virtual card and it also expires in 2/3 days time. Though it is linked to ur original card, there is no way the online store can get hold of ur credit card details. Chek out if ur bank offers the same. It would be worth it even if it charges a small fee coz.. it offers you peace of mind... no credit card frauds....Cheers.

Yeah, they *BLEEP* when you charge to them, and don't pay back by the end of the interest-free period. But if you manage a credit card correctly, you can end up doing better. e.g. Having you hard cash in the bank collecting interest longer (although, banks pay woefully)or,Being a part of the "reward" systems where you get so many points for every dollar that you spend.

yes, i agree with dexter. I use my credit card for EVERYTHING. If they take VISA, I use it. I use a credit card that earns me 1% cash back on every purchase I make. I don't see what the problem is. You just have to know how much you are charging. I know exactly what my bill is going to be at the end of the month and I NEVER have to worry that I don't have enough money.People who say they will end up spending more with a credit card, well that's just a discipline problem. The problem is you don't see the credit card as money. It is too easy to spend. You have to change your habits and not splurge.As for the security of online transactions. Don't use a credit card that has a $10000 limit!! For ALL my online transactions, I use a credit card with a $500 limit. So, my risk is MUCH LESS. I have credit cards with $10,000 and even $50,000 limits. But, I don't use them. They are for emergencies. Basically, get credit cards with LOWER LIMITS. when they raise it. Phone them and tell them to reduce it.

I dont mind using my visa online or anywhere else. However, sometimes I feel like people watch when you put in your pin at like wal mart and stuff. I cant wait for the day that they make all credit card things fingerprint id'd....that would be so secure i think. Cool too.

because more and more people are using credit cards now to purchase items on the internet more and more hackers are doing such thing. it is easier for them to transfer money from your account just sitting around in front of their computers. all they have to do is experiment with their own credit cards and if they think it is safe for them to tranfer or get monet from you, they start doing it by purchasing small items until they could buy everything that they want. it is so sad that the technology could do these things to mankind. it is supposed to be beneficial for us to use these technologies.but on the other hand, the people from credits card companies could improve their system by finding out these flaws from them, so report every hacking that had happened to you so the could design safer and more secure system for the future.

Its always good practise to scan your computer for any viruses or spyware before entering any credit card numbers into websites, mainly because you might have a virus which logs your credit card number, and can be used for Fraud.Also running a firewall is a must, it will prevent future people from trying to get into your computer from a remote location

My dad doesnt even care if i use his card,This week i used up ?1000 and he doesnt know,I just right now finished paying for a computer on amazon,So ?260 more.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

I have "ask for ID" on the back of each credit card that I own (funny, I don't own any credits and credits are supposed to be a cash extended by someone else) along with my signature on the signature box. 7 out of 10 times I get asked to see my ID and I am very happy to cooperate. In fact, if the cashier doesn't ask for one I remind him/her that ID and signature should be checked. I had my wallet stolen and charged with $2,000 in a matter of 1 hour and none of the retail stores did not bother to check the user.So, using the credit card at a department store isn't that safe. Then what about using it online? Like Asad Haider said, what guards users from protecting purchases from online stores? Although Amazon is very trust worthy, Amazon would not have any idea that the card could have been stolen. Or if a key logger was used, it would not have to be stolen and it will be too late. There's got to be some kind of biometric device that can allow only one user to a one card/account. Have you seen new IBM's laptop? It has built-in fingerprint reader that associates passwords with each fingerprint. Forget the retina scan, imbedded RF tag or DNA tracker. Fingerprint method has been used for very long time and proven to be effective for hundreds of years. I had Citibank card that had my signature and my picture on the front of the card. That was good. But with all computer hacking theses days, it's easy for anyone to make-up a card with the same print. I say bring on the newest technology that reads a unique bio-reading that cannot be forged. Well, unless you lose your index finger...then that's that.My two cents

btw an advice... never ever enter your credit card details or netbanking passwords at any of the internet cafe or internet centers where anyone can browse or surf by paying money on hourly basis.There would be high probability that someone might have installed a keylogger or spyware on such systems... This is the easiest and riskfre way to get ur password and credit card details. u just wud not know.Cheers.