xisto Community
RsHeaven Owner

My Review Of Runescape... What's Yours ( Poll ) ? My Review

Runescape!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, the graphics do suck. There's just one thing I don't understand.. I'm sure that the Java programming language is capable of MUCH more high-poly 3D graphics. It's not that hard to make a head mis-shaped like they have it. They could at least renew the player graphics. Then they could also make sure that the "sky" isn't black.
Also about the bad moderation, I was speaking Dutch to a friend of mine once. I said "kom" (means "come") and it was censored.. And still it's so popular. It's sickening.

Previously, we set a cap of five hundred polygons per model. Now, your basic human NPC still has that many, but we can use up to around 2,000-2,500 for the larger models...
Some special animations are allocated more frames - for instance, the kalphite queen's stage one death animation contains 300 frames

Make one monster animation better than that, that you could do about 100,000 of, for dialup users.

i rated it 1/5a friend told me to go on it a couple of days ago.worst thing everhe sed it was ok but weve both stuck to habbo.runescape is horrible, boring, not much help.I wouldnt bother with runescape, i think habbo is for me!

Runescape isn't too bad. It's fun, once you get hooked on levelling up and everything. Also, the graphics, though not that detailed or stunning, are pretty good for the rest of us who are still using dial-up. But I haven't played for a while; I have been too busy, and I sort of got bored playing it by the time I got to Level 50 or something. I should check in sometime, see what's changed since I've been gone. XDI'd rate Runescape 4/5.Serena

I started playing when they only has rs classic, only a couple of years after the official release, and at that time it was really fun and challenging, I don't really care about the graphics if the actual game is fun. Like the original Mario game was really fun, and the graphics are not that great compared to what we can do today. After they had RS 2 out, I started playing again, it was fun, but I realized that a lot of the quests and pretty much the whole game became really easy compared to classic, monsters lvls went down, and it became really boring. I was a member for 2 months and it was okay.I rate it 4/5

i used to play runescape pretty hardcore and got my player up to level 126 and did all the quests and had to wait until a new quest came out. it's cool when you're really powerfull but i have to admit it gets boring after a while. its like beating a video game and then just running around in the levels with no enemys the graphics were laughable and so was the customer support. i was a member for a few years and i wanted to know why my account was banned for swearingand they came back to me and said that i had said "h0ly cr3p!!" and i had but they said a mother contacted them and said their 10 year old son saw it. so i sent them a message back saying well runescape is a 13+ game and if you're 13 and have'nt heard the word crap you're insane but i won't use it again. so they took away the black marks they gave me and apoligized. one of the things i liked about runescape members is that they give you an extra day on your membership you might not notice if you buy your membership right before you go to bed but if you play 1 full day on the same day you bought it the next day you will have the same credits.i gave it a 1 /10 beacause it made me waste alot of my time.

i used to play runescape pretty hardcore and got my player up to level 126 and did all the quests and had to wait until a new quest came out.
i gave it a 1 /10 beacause it made me waste alot of my time.

Right...This guy doesn't make any sense, and I've never heard of you. Pre-pc 126's are rare, and well known. And by then, it's not boring.

My little bro uses it through dial up and he loves it. The graphics might not be top notch, but I don't know if that's even the whole point of runescape. It's a legal alternative to downloading emulators and roms for games that you don't own. However, I don't think that it's worth the money. I would much rather have broadband internet and no runescape than having dial up and runescape. I'll give it a 4/5

hey every one well i've been playing it for 2 years and i've kinda liked it lol, :P But ya i'm a moderater and a member lol i don't know why and i feel bad about it. :P So i gave it a 4/5It has better clothes now i look like a pirate lolIts kinda coolAnd that person who wanted some money add me (cool122333)On runescape

I've Voted For 1 Out Of 5 Because It's Just Too Boring! The Graphics are Offal! It's A Java Game! I Don't Understand How People Like To Play This Game, Over And Over Again! I Also Hate It Because Too many people bypass the word filter by using capital letters and Special Characters. Well Anyway Thanks For Sharing This With Us! :blink: Nice Poll!

Edited by Steven9088 (see edit history)

I've Voted For 1 Out Of 5 Because It's Just Too Boring! The Graphics are Offal! It's A Java Game! I Don't Understand How People Like To Play This Game, Over And Over Again! I Also Hate It Because Too many people bypass the word filter by using capital letters and Special Characters. Well Anyway Thanks For Sharing This With Us! :blink: Nice Poll!

You complained, then gave a perfectly reasonable explanation for what you are complaining about.

Lier, prove it?

While I was still in college, I was privileged with having computer and internet capabilities. I was always online while not studying, and a few of my mates were online always finding something to play. We did a lot of Halo LAN, but when it was only me and few others, we would go ahead and search the game sites like addicting games and whatnot.

I came across RS and didn't think is so bad, for a site with pong like games, the RPG section wasn't too bad. I think I have tried it a few times, but I was always just starting over hoping to get into it more. Like others in this forum, I have had good and bad views of the game. The idea of mining, and cooking and whatnot was pretty interesting... But funny just following behind someone else waiting to cook something was kinda amusing at first.

I also bumped into people that just wanted to either be alone, or just bad mouth... I figure it is normal this day and age... And, that might have been why I quit playing also. That and I could never find enough time while in between classes to really get into a session.

I really didn't know how big of a deal it was until seeing this post. If you like the game, good for you and have fun! If not, well I'm sure there are a lot more where they come from. Me, I'll probably still to my PS2...

- bob -

I used to play Runescape, back when I never studied for any of my classes and still got A's and B's. Well I'm in college now studying Software Engineering. You know I can't do that anymore. I can barely find time for my girlfriend and what little spare time I find for gaming I spend on CS:S. But anyway back to Runescape. I never upgraded to member status. I just couldn't bring myself to pay for such a low quality game. Yes the gameplay is addicting, but the overall atmosphere is just awful. The moderation...what moderation? Seriously, there are so many people attempting to scam other players all the time. As a free world player I did all the quests and spent much time grinding my stats. I had fun with friends pking in the wilderness. But the game just gets old! For those of you still playing once you have around a mil saved up go to the rune store and buy all the death runes you can for 150 gp each (I think that's right). By surfing servers you can buy them relatively fast especially early in the morning. After you've bought as many as you can afford, look at the member forums for people advertising to buy death runes in bulk for 300gp each. You double your money each time. I've noticed lots of people complaining about lag. Even when I played on world 1 with 2000 players lag wasn't a problem.Rating: 3 out of 5

Edited by jc804 (see edit history)

I've been playing it for about 4 years. If you would of asked me before their new year's suicide update I would of given it a definite 5 out of 5. Now it's a game mostly full of selfish players, not being able to lend your friends a weapon or anything over 3k is pretty ridiculous when some weapons go for as much as 180m, it's mostly a solo game now rather than a multiplayer.I still go on sometimes just for the friends list and to see if they've fixed their errors, but no joy as of yet...I give it 2 out of 5.

Graphics update!

My Review Of Runescape... What's Yours ( Poll ) ?

For all of you complaining about the graphics... There is a huge graphics update coming up. Does not even look like the same game! 4.5/5 W00T!

-reply by zombie noodles