xisto Community
RsHeaven Owner

My Review Of Runescape... What's Yours ( Poll ) ? My Review

Runescape!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I am gonna review it again because the more I look into the game world of now, the worse Runescape looks. Of course, maybe 2~3 years ago, it would've been a decent free online game but now, it's ... very mediocre.First, the graphics are very poor. Poor grade. Runescape renders simple colors and textures are the lowest grade possible(?). I don't even know if there ARE textures, are there? I mean, the game is loaded in a short time too. Mediocre, indeed.Second, the game has limits. Somewhere, sometime, you're going to be stopped by boundaries. Level 60 the max? Darn! What about places you can go? Monsters you can kill? Quests you can fulfill? C'mon Jagex, you can do a better job than this. This is a very basic "un-complex" game and you even have to pay to get the premium subscription thing. Blam. I mean think about World of Warcraft - the limits are far less than Runescape, no?Third, the system of the game - or how the game works - is really really basic. Even the fighting / combat system works like dope. I don't know how to describe it but I enjoy using pickaxes to kill stuff. Errr... the combat is so basic. It's give and take damage, no? Also I don't know if it can catch up with how combat works like World of Warcraft.Fourth, the sound is absolutely sub-par. MIDI music? Why not mp3? Of course, it's a free game, but at least you can make it up with advertisements and the extra capital funds. No? ANd there are only a handful of good music that can get you addicted to them. For example, Dark 2 -> This got me addicted.I don't know but I give it a 2/5 based on the games that are coming out.Please look out for Supreme Commander - this revolutionizes the world of RTS (real time strategy). And it's the sequel to Total Annihilation -> The best RTS of the world!!

I rated 2/5 because graphics are stunning bad and game is althourgh boring. One good thing is the gameplay. You can chop wood and mine stone and kill orcs. But... It's althourgh boring. I don't know why. I have got a 69 level account and i got scammed two times and hacked/banned three times. There are too much swearing and scamming in this game too. Althourgh most of people are using macros! A little programs what will get they money when they are sleeping. Stupid, yeah?

Oh, god, I hated Runescape.

The graphics didn't bother me, but everything was choppy and then there were some of the users. You know, the ones that try to keep you locked up in a gate, trick more inexperienced players, etc. Ugh, just ugh. So...1/5.

Thank god I stopped playing it years ago. :D

Man, I played it some time ago and it is one of the worst game you could get. I must admit, getting an online game into Java is quite impressive, but that is where all good comments(or rather comment) ends.Here is a list of A FEW of the games bad points:-Who but fanatics would pay for such a game? (for goodness sake, RO had free servers, the game was full and the onlydifference between free and paid is the speed of the server!)-Standing at the edge of the wilderness, I could see at least 1 scam to inexperienced users taking place every 5 minutes near peak hours.-The game is choppy and poor graphics. It reminds you of the ol' 1980's games.-You die in the game, you loose everything you are carrying, making scammers feel in heaven. Some other good games only give a penalty of lost of exp points, loosing all exp points since the last save session, etc.-The game is so boring and limited. There isn't any fun.-The gameplay itself is bad. Sitting there as your character swings his/her wepon like a ... traffic policemen waving car signals and then numbers tick off the person. Nothng else.-The sound is HORRIBLE. People can get trauma from it. I have DOS games which has nicer sound effects (Never mind about DOS games like Doom, the father of non-ASCII 3D games, it might even be worse than pong)Ahhhhh, glad to have that heaved off me. Conclusion: the game is horrible and stay away from it, don't be scarred, like others like me. 1/5 (could I put 0/5?)

They can't track your I.P. I have to change mine daily or someone will hack me (I cant tell you why they would want to). Graphics do suck. Customer support has always been a members only thing (reporting people at least) they just have started telling people that. I helped make a game a few weeks ago in C++ 100 times better graphics (actually comparable to PS original graphics) and I made that game free! I would tell you it but that would be advertising. But, I think I left playing the game after "earning" (aka NOT HACKING) 300k (that I got the first day I played by "earning" it myself). Need I say more or do I just show you my votes:Out of 10 (10 being best) I rate it:Graphics: 1Plot: 3Security: 7Support: 4Fun: 3Lag: <no lag>Music: 2Overall: 3.5Recommend: No, Don't waist your life or your money on a "Java" game, Java isn't made to support games it for databases. Spend $40 for life on a good game. Than $60 for a year on Runescape.

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

Pencil, wtf
Sparkx, again wtf, how does anyone but Jagex get your ip.

RuneScape isn't the most sophisticated or original online game, and its graphics pale in comparison with those in better-known titles like Vivendi Universal SA's World of Warcraft. But because the game is free and easy to download, it has become a big hit, especially among teenagers, for whom the game is something like a three-dimensional version of the social-networking Web site MySpace.com. This week, for example, "RuneScape" is the fourth most searched-for term on the Lycos search engine, after "poker," "Pamela Anderson" and "Paris Hilton."
A person familiar with the matter says Jagex executives have indicated they wouldn't sell the business for less than $500 million.

Now tell me it sucks. Less than 10 million characters and 300 staff.

Level 60 the max? Darn! What about places you can go? Monsters you can kill? Quests you can fulfill? C'mon Jagex, you can do a better job than this. This is a very basic "un-complex" game and you even have to pay to get the premium subscription thing

Another wtf? The max is 126, which less than 50 people have got to. Theres about 110 quests. Over a thousand different monsters. And using mp3s would be slow and big, using up bandwidth. Edited by toby (see edit history)

Actually its really not that hard, all you need to do is click an ad onto one of runescapes main pages and poof! Your I.P. address along with were you live down to the county is emailed to someone. Or even worst, when you click on that link you get a keylogger attached to you computer and now they have everything! What you type into runescape is not safe at all. Trust me I know these types of things. I may be young but that doesn't meen I don't make anti-virius or anti-hack programs.

Actually its really not that hard, all you need to do is click an ad onto one of runescapes main pages and poof! Your I.P. address along with were you live down to the county is emailed to someone. Or even worst, when you click on that link you get a keylogger attached to you computer and now they have everything! What you type into runescape is not safe at all. Trust me I know these types of things. I may be young but that doesn't meen I don't make anti-virius or anti-hack programs.

Sure, a resposible company that advertises on Runescape sends out your ip to their favourite hackers(!)

You can tell Jagex that an ad does this, but I know for a fact you have no proof.

Do your really want proof? Be careful what you ask for, Who knows I may just give you proof in ways you don't want? Exactly, don't talk bad about me in this subject, you have no idea what your talking about. Your just assuming it so you can look smart. But, do you think Runescape's servers are "impossible" to hack? ROLF you couldn't be further from the truth. Loads of people could hack it, but then again that would make them look bad for hacking a child's game. You can't assume that anyplace on the web is safe simply because you don't see people hacking it.(I am not a hacker, I just know a lot about computers and security)

Do your really want proof? Be careful what you ask for, Who knows I may just give you proof in ways you don't want? Exactly, don't talk bad about me in this subject, you have no idea what your talking about.

I do want proof because of how ridiculous this sounds, and if it's a problem Jagex need to know about they will ask for proof. So prove how Jagex-allowed adverts can get you hacked.

QUOTE(toby @ Oct 14 2006, 05:44 AM) *

4/5
I used to pay for rs until about a month ago.(when i quit) but i gave it a 4 because its pretty fun after a while. However alot of the stuff there is biast<(spelled wrong i think? :P) they listen to the mods and not the normal players. runescape does have almost weekly updates so thats a plus and very little server downtime. so ya im done writing about it.

edit: no offense Sparkx but your a complete idiot the only way a keylogger could get on your computer is if you downloaded something rs related.(I.E. a macro program or a "FREE GP" thing) and if you had a half way decent firewall-antivirus it would block and remove it. However i have got one before and i had to reinstall windows. Also anyone can find out your ip i mean its logged on most forums-password protected sites(including this one). Oh and if you dont want to deal with all (most) of the virus stuff get linux :P
Edited by ahender (see edit history)

I was atticted to runescape before, but not anymore.I still play it sometimes and i like it.I like that jagex uptate runescape weekly.And servers are on almost all the time.

Runescape is quite good for the younger players, and it isa clearly targeted towards them.. however it's that angle which I believe is the games downfall. The younger players become targets for all of the scammers and swearers, or they copy them and become one themselves.There are two reasons why I left Runescape never to return1. because I was fed up with the amount of people constantly trying to scam me2. because even though there are thousands of people about it still felt like you were playing on your own, there was no team work - if you saw someone about to die everyone would just do nothing and then pick up all of their stuff.I have now moved on to Puzzle pirates - which I know won't be everyone's "thing". But I prefer it by a long way. There is a much greater sense of community and the Admin there is amazing.I recommend you guys give it a try, if you ever do just look for "yobster" on the cobalt ocean ~:P

I didn't rate this game because i would have given it a zero out of five. This is because Runescape, in my view, is officially the worst MMORPG on the planet. The graphics are about the same quality as gameboy graphics, the gameplay and fighting system is extremely poor, the quests are very rarely interesting, and you can only fight in the wilderness (no duels in the game). I regret wasting my valuable time playing this game 4 years ago and im glad i quit.To all current runescape players - Get a life and stop wasting your freakin time. If your so interested in MMORPG's, at least play a decent one like World of Warcraft.

(no duels in the game)

So they mis-named the Duel arena? Castle wars?
There was another minigame update today. So like the 20th team game.

It's much better than gameboy graphics. Just look at a RS2 picture (he quit over 4 years ago, when it was 2D). Forsaken's word is four years old, so not fair at all.