xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Microsoft's Memo To It's Indian Staff - Hilarious

LOL, I do beleive that that came from MS since I have seen other "ridiculous" memos come out of microsoft before. Also I do have to beleive that such requests should be adherd to do to the fact that respect should be a mainstay of any business enviroment.Refering to ones customers or superiors as jackasses isn't proper, no matter how true the statement is. Just remember how would you like to call a help line and be cussed out, or as a suborninent to do a job and get cussed out. Now what you do on your own time is your business but when on company time, be curteous. There is plunty of time to swear and insult people off the clock, when your at work your being paid to do a job, you asked for the job, and there are "proper channels" to get rid of someone, yes they can be conveluted and full of red tape, but eventually you do get recognition for the work you do and those that can't...well they get moved to another position or fired.Well thats my 2 cents. The memo was real funny but at the same time I understand where the writer is coming from...although I am sure that there could have been a much better way for them to explain the point then to use the very language that they were trying to stop...lol...hipocrits.

This is just another one of those really, funny interesting things from Microsoft we see every now and again! Its a shame that so much is "lost in translation" as the saying goes!! It is also a significant sign that microsoft is trying to make everyone run THEIR way!!Still, besides everything said it is one of the most hellarious moves made by Microsoft. I'm sure it wont be too long before we see another one of these floating through our inbox's!!

We have no indi people around here.But I have some greek collegues.The often use the word "malaka".Obviously, only greek people are able to understand this word.Unfortunately, sometimes we have greek customers. So we have benn warned (not in a written form, cause we are not Crosoft), we have been verbally asked not to welcome a customer with the word "malaka".

Oh, man. This is incredible. :)I'm spreading this around. I know some people who would die laughing of this.This is a bit over the top, though. It's a bit personal for such a topic and such a corporation as Microsoft. I would think they would make it more conservative, maybe not actually spell out the language in question...Oh well, he made his point I guess.

After getting others' feedback from this, I am thoroughly convinced.This is fabricated.Obviously, some programmer/admin/geek of South Asian descent thought it would be funny to have a little poke at MS...But I can't believe that such a high profile official of an ultra-high profile company would issue such an explicit (and hilarious) memo to his employees. Maybe on a joking basis... but it's still hard to believe.Hey m^e, where did you find this? Maybe that will give us a clue...

Well, some workplaces (and I may be understating this) have a considerable degree of language as described. Fortunately, I've come across some Greek guys who's completely revamped my language and now, when in India, i use Greek to swear and when outside - it's a combination of a whole bunch of languages (never sure who knows what right..!!)

Wow. Wow. Wow. That's just...scary. It's hard to imagine a Microsoft employee acting so unprofessional...I would've expected just a slight amount of subtleness from them. But isn't it also likely that the employee didn't really understand the implications behind those words? I mean, sure, he knew they were swear words and everything, but unless he spoke the language, he wouldn't feel the fervor behind the words. If he doesn't feel the fervor behind the words, he won't really associate them with "bad" in his mind, and thus he will feel that it's not such a big deal to use them in a letter. On another note, I also believe it's faked. If this Microsoft employee knew that these were swear words, it would really stupid of him to use them in a letter to people who are most familiar with the words. >_<

That was pretty funny, I haven't read all the replys but:Things like this are actually happening increasingly of late in a lot of different situations.For one, workers here are getting sick of migratns using their language of choice to blow them off right infront of them and also consumers where workers who have migrated here are doing the same towards them.I guess that's why John Howard is starting to crack down heh heh.