xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bttfpromo

Does Your School Annoy You? Too Tough On You?

well i'v bin to my new school yesterday,and its a lot different as my old school,but wow...WE HAVE ALLOT.. OF CHICKS :P

My school sucks =/ All the teachers there have a "Just teach, if they don't understand, don't care" kind of attitude. This may explain the exceptionally high amount of GCE O level failures =P

i don't hate school and the homework. its the friggin people there and some of the teachers and one coach. coaches are annoying and freaking lazy. my favorite class would be Chemistry and possibly physics. Yeh I'm a science geek. I hate math. All my teachers are ok. Alot of them are funny. I use to have an algebra teacher that slaps himself everytime he made a mistake and we pointed it out. It was funn.y

I remember the days of public school befor homeschool. New York school districts are.... Well.. When I first started high school I became desperate for more rigorous/safe(imagine someone running down the hallways with an axe)/worthwhile academia. After 2 months I pulled myself out of the New York state school system and switched over to homeschooling under an accredited private school in Pennsylvania. Oh yes, it was a WONDERFUL move. The local high school and board of education officials dislike me and constantly challenge me. :( The battle isn't over yet!

Well I am doing transition year which is savage(slang for really good)I live in Ireland by the way,But this is a pretty easy going year where you go on a small trip a week(swimming,horseriding or whatever)and 1 long trip per month.It's generally easy going so life is good for me at the momentWe went on a trip to some adventure centre for three days recently whichwas great craic (sorry for being stereo typical).So anybody in Ireland who has the choice to do this year should do it.

Well, my school *bleeps* in a way, hehe, but my friends and I try and make the most of it. Most teachers are pains in the ----, except for my math teacher - he's one of the most sarcastic and funny people I know. Still, I don't particularly like math... :P Em, my favourite subjects?? Gotta be Physical Ed. and Drama.

In some ways it does, some classes are basically worthless (English), some classes I like (history). Next year I'll have three periods of social studies, which I'm looking forward to since it's my favorite subject. Spanish class for me this year is completely pointless, I can either take the time to learn half of our 80 or so weekly vocab words and learn them so that I really remember them long-term, but then I'll fail the test since I don't know the others, or I can learn all of them for the test at the end of the week, but 80-100 is too many to really memorize in five days, meaning I can pass the test without learning Spanish or learn Spanish without passing the test.

Well I guess it kinda does, I really hate homework becuase they give you tons of it. And for some of the subjects they teach you the same crap week after week after week and it get boring. But some classes like sport or langauge can be fun!

My school *BLEEPS* really hard >.<We got one week of vacations right? well... since we were gonna have a lot of free time, the teachers gave us special homeworks!So they gave us a gift box and guess what? 3 essays, 4 projects and 2 speeches... is it really vacations or a "break" if all we do during that time is prepare to speeches, write essays and do projects for school? come on... they should at least respect our vacations :)

My school *BLEEPS* really hard >.<We got one week of vacations right? well... since we were gonna have a lot of free time, the teachers gave us special homeworks!
So they gave us a gift box and guess what? 3 essays, 4 projects and 2 speeches... is it really vacations or a "break" if all we do during that time is prepare to speeches, write essays and do projects for school? come on... they should at least respect our vacations ;)

yes 100% true. but if you just think the other way round, then you ont make such comments about your teachers. they give you homework for you to get involved in studies and learn something instead of mingling with frends and partying. am i correct?

Been home schooled for most of my life, since my teacher had me pegged with a disorder and wouldn't stop nagging my parents to get me medicated, in spite of our family doctor saying otherwise. So kindergarten *BLEEP*ed. But now I'm in a community college, and it most certainly does not *BLEEP*. The professors are great, always willing to help clarify things, no matter how obvious it may seem. I have some great friends there who share my beliefs and generally put up with my tendency to ramble. I get to choose my own schedule, and take the classes I want, which gives me a sense that I'm in control of my education. And of course, the free food that they give out regularly is a plus. :lol: