xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the empty calorie

Your Favourite Input Devices (keyboards/mice) ? What are your favourites?

Over the course of years of working with computers, I have noticed that some people tend to develop an attachment to some peripheral devices )even after ten years of use), such as (but not limited to) keyboards and mice. If you are one of these people, then what are your attachments, and what about that device keeps you attached? (and if you want, how old are they?)Here are mine:The IBM 1391401 keyboard. The best keyboard ever made, period. Long detachable cord, buckling spring keys, easiest keycaps to change (great for Dvorak typists like me who don't want to fork out lots of money just for a keyboard), and no windows keys! Oh yes, and it's the heaviest keyboard i've ever seen, so it stays put and doesnt scoot around.Then I also have my Logitech Trackman wheel..It's only five years old. Feels perfect in the hand.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I have a Mitsumi keyboard, a mitsumi wheel mouse. Yeah, they're simple and quite good for me. I've been use them since buying my current PC. Anyway, I still don't want to use the keyboard as much as now. I'm training my system to understand my voice. I want to speak everything. But, that require time and time. I'm using Dragon NaturallySpeaking as the voice regconize program.

These are my favorite input devices:1. Sony Vaio Keyboard2. Sony Vaio Laser Mouse3. Cannon MPC600F Scanner4. A Microphone (Used for recording music.)5. A Webcam (Used mainly for Instant Messaging.)I use more, such as graphic tablets and other devices, but these are my favorite! :D

Interesting question.I don't develop extreme love towards input devices, but I am quite keen on my (old) keyboard. When I got my firts computer, it had a Cherry keyboard, which aren't made anymore (sadly). It was really good quality and served me well for about ten years. Can you imagine that? Ten years with the same keyboard! It was filled with food and a bit with orange juice that I spilled once. Yet again, it worked perfectly (except the Shift button, that got stuck all the time).Oh yes, those were the good times. But about a month ago, I finally got a new keyboard. This time it is a Genius SlimStar keyboard. I already love it, especially because it's the laptop type keyboard. It's the best feeling of all :D

Well i dont have any specific attachment to my keyboard.or mouse ..but i would always prefer an optical mouse , as we have alot of dust in our area..wheel mouse becomes a menace after a while.

I've got a Logitech MX510 mouse, it was the best gamers mouse untill a while ago. As for a keyboard I got a standard united kingdom layouted one, had to grease up the keys a bit to have it function nicely though.Also, does a king size mouse pad (Steelpad QCK+) qualify as an input device component? :D I'd say that a mousepad supports the mouse :D

I've got Logitech Mx510 mouse as well and I really love it and I'd say I'm kind of attached to it. When ever I need to buy a new mouse it will be of a very similar shape. I used to have a cheap Mitsumi keyboard that I used for almost 10 years. I just loved it. Then the space bar started to be a bit dodgy so I thought to clean the keyboard. Well then it broke and now I'm using a cheapest Logitech with proper keys (not annoying springy ones).

I have a simple wired Logitech optical mouse and a wireless desktop deluxe keyboard (also logitech).Altough the keyboard already suffered some smashes, it still works good (many thanks to the superglue :D ). Even nicer fact is that this keyboard is like 4-5 years old and it still uses the same batteries !!!!! :D I just want a simple mouse, not those mices where your thumb is a bit embedded in the mouse, no, just a simple, plain mouse.

The IBM 1391401 keyboard. The best keyboard ever made, period. Long detachable cord, buckling spring keys, easiest keycaps to change (great for Dvorak typists like me who don't want to fork out lots of money just for a keyboard), and no windows keys! Oh yes, and it's the heaviest keyboard i've ever seen, so it stays put and doesnt scoot around.

1064334355[/snapback]

man, yes, I remember those, really usefull keyboards, they use them at schools and offices, because of theirs loong durability. You can't broke one of those. :D

Anyway, I use mice really a lot, as a graphic designer I must :D but keyboards are really one of the tools for making art that I do, so it must be good - but not some fancy name, like logitech, ibm or such... I just pick one that feels good under my fingers, and that's enough for me. ;)

I use a logitech mouse i got along with the Compaq computer i bought at Circuit City heh :D . But the keyboard that came with my computer broke like a month later and i didn't have a warranty for it. Instead, my cousin brought along this super old keyboard with dust and mites all over it and i thought he was nuts but after i cleaned it up you could actually see it sparkle - ok weird because it isn't any shiny at all. Just trying to make it sound nicer. Anyway the keyboard's brand/model name has been worn off already so i can barely make it up. I think its like a brandless China model though :D . It has alot of neat add-on buttons on the side that you can assign commands to. The keyboard buttons are really springy and the feeling when you type sort of pushes you to type more and faster. Anyway that's my treasured keyboard and i know this might've really sounded lame. ;)

There's also another keyboard that I like. It's an old Compaq keyboard, with integrated metal plate, I can assure you, it's pretty heavy for a keyboard, but it does feel strong.Only one problem ;) . One day, I got so mad at the computer it was attached to, that I hit the keyboard w/ the screwdriver I was holding in my hands, result, I broke the return key :P .And the keyboard I hate most is an arowana keyboard, it's flimsy, you can bend it and the keys feel horrible :) . Brrr, getting chills from the keyboard.And not to forget, el cheapo mic, man, you can do funny things w/ it :D (except hearing yourself singing, that just terrible here :D , I think even wors than some guys (or gals) at popidol :D )

The ones I love:My Belkin ergonomic keyboard. USB ports included so I don't lose anything by plugging it into my notebook. My Targus pocket mouse. I like it a lot better than the touchpad - at least when my notebook's at my desk.The IBM keyboard on the 386 I had a few years ago. The cord was coiled (like a telephone handset line), which was sort of weird in a cool way. More importantly, I could really bang out stuff without wearing out the spring mechanisms, or whatever IBM used instead of the wimpy little tactile "soft touch" junk (like in Dell keyboards). I usually burn out a keyboard or two before whatever system I'm running starts to give me problems (like age-related problems, I mean), but in this case the computer died for good before the keyboard did!And, because I loved tormenting my mother and sibs with the fact that I touch type, I could take the key covers off but still have keys to type with. Blank, yes, but wow did it drive my brothers crazy.The ones I hate:The Mac keyboards in the computer lab here at school. The stupid flat, black-and-clear keyboards. The keys are just too close together ... for me, I mean. Too many typos.Any laptop keyboard. Small, cramped together, and a bigger pain in my butt than it's worth.Old-school two-button mice. When I say "old-school" I mean the ones with the rubber-covered trackball on the underside. I never did like those things, mainly for having to clean gunk (mostly cat and dog hair) out of them all the time.But overall? I'd say that I've had the most luck with Logitech and Belkin brands. They seem to hold up - whether they're mice or keyboards - the best, and they're generally affordable.