xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hart

Limewire: Who Uses It ?

It gives you instant spyware and malware as well.My favourites are:ShareazaAresBoth are free of crap and have a lot of files, especially Shareaza, as it connects to E-mule and E-donkey 2000 servers as well.The download times on Shareaza are erratic, and you need to sometimes restore the xml file with the server information in order for it to connect.Ares, is slightly smaller, but still has a good user pool. The download times are great. It comes in two flavours: Lite and Normal. They recommend Lite for slower machines, or for those that don't want the built in media players and chat systems. I always use the normal version though.

well Limewire, It is a very good software..but because of my own fault..I got one virus. But that was my own fault...didnt virus check the file before opening it...was exited to have that software.But if you compare this software with others...then I find it really good..it has nice clean interface and it wsa giving good speed as well..not like other sharing clients.There is a pro version and free version...who care to pay then go for pro..that is certainly better :huh:

Yeah, not all of those download program´s are so easy as limewhire.I used it some time to, but now i´m using emule for music, and bittorent for games :) The only thing about bittorrent is, that you must have a torrent, before you can download. Much friends of mine didn´t know that, and deleted the program :huh: .Well, lets just say, they were noobs :PMark

It gives you instant spyware and malware as well.

My favourites are:

Shareaza

Ares

Both are free of crap and have a lot of files, especially Shareaza, as it connects to E-mule and E-donkey 2000 servers as well.

1064333382[/snapback]

Shareaza is one of the worst at malware out there. The key is, if you plan on using P2P Software, have a goo AV program, Like McAfee, of Norton, or Avast. And, you will also need a good spyware blocker, like Webroot's Spysweeper.

Yes, I love to use Limewire, and I have to do all of this each time that I run the software...

-William

I am also one of the billions of people who use Limewire! I love using Limewire because sometimes there are songs and programs that I can't find on the internet but they are always on Limwire when I search for them.And mayank...if you're downloading a file or program that contains a virus, then Limewire does say that there is a virus and it still gives you the option of downloading or not. When that happens for me I just stop the download because it's not worth downloading viruses.The most useful things that I have downloaded from Limewire and Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Microsoft Publisher 2003. If there are better programs than Limewire can someone please tell me because i'd like to try out different ones. Thanks. :huh:

You should try BitComet. This is program that works with torrents. When you want to download a program, or song or whatever, you´ll have to go to a torrentsearch website (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ie).When you downloaded your torrent, the only thing to do, is open it with Bitcomet or with another bittorrent download program. Goodluck with it, Mark

It gives you instant spyware and malware as well.

does limewire atually have embedded spyware or not?

that would seem strange as it is a partially open source piece of software. also there are thousands of people using it including lots of intelligent computer users on linux who generally arent into viruses, spyware, and adware.

that is a fairly important question really becasue i will have to change otherwise

Limewire is really popular amongst the young teens folks around my county because it is VERY user-friendly and works like a dream. The program usually scans the file first before letting you open it. For extra precaution, i enabled a part of Norton Anti-virus to block any incoming or outgoing data through my computer. So far, i've never had any malware/viruses/trojans, you name it. Thus, limewire is working great for me now. You don't get much of other things except music from limewire though, videos might be contaminated with "stuff-you-don't-want-to-see" and you can never trust the files and programs unless it is said that there have been multiple downloads from the same user. Personally...i just stick with music searching/downloading with limewire.P.S. Limewire lags itunes when both are run together.

I also use Limewire, well on a rare ocassion as I'm personally not into downloading music as I'd prefer to have it on CD. Seems to work like a treat though, easy to use interface and pretty good download times.