xisto Community
abandongamez

What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

[ There's no such thing as a 30 TB drive. I'm a techy. The biggest working internal (or external) hard drive is the only fully-functional 1TB internal drive, made by Toshiba, four of which were built into a pc magazines dream machine for 2007.

Yes, I know, it's actually not a single disk. The modern disk cabinets have a lot of disks, organized in RAID groups. The disks I am using are one thousand 150gb drives, organized in Logical UnitS named LUN's. Each LUN has the size you want (some megs to some terabytes) and is seen as a single disk. Of course, Windows system need smaller disks than Unix systems.So, a 30 Terabytes is simple a bunch of 200 physical 150 GB drives. Simply, I would personnally not leave it as a single drive, I would split it on quite a lot of single individual LUN's, for performances multipathing purposes.

Re: whats the biggest single disc hard drive in the world?

Yordan you are wrong, alienware offers desktop pc's with a 4 terabyte hard drive.

-reply by Michael

Just as a question, internally, what determines the capacity of the hard drive, because I always guessed it would be the size of the needle tip since the disk doesn't chane-reply by Nick

Biggest HDD in the world?

Replying to abandongamez

The world's biggest hard drive is 128 Exabytes, that's 1 073 741 824 GB, 1 099 511 627 776 MB, or 1.12589991 � 10^15KB. The hard drive is used by GHCQ (british & american governments) is that o.K. The order of bytes: mB, bytes, KB, MB, GB, TerraBytes, PenaBytes, ExaBytes. There is a name for 128 Exabytes but No-1 in the world (public) knows the name for it

Exponential growth

Replying to abandongamez

Ok its 2008 (this article was written 3 years ago. My friend just got 1TB one terrabyte for 170$ (139 euros) you see this is exponential growht here people!don't you love it! joooow

-reply by Robin and orry

I WANT THE BEST!!!!!

I am 13 years old and I am obsessed with technology when I turn 16 I want to get a job and start saving up for a laptop immediatly and I want the best of the best laptop in the world I don't care for the second best I want the best and I mean it I want a built in camara/camcorder I want a built in microphone and I want atleast 4 USB ports hopefully more I want the best battery shorter charges longer life and I want the best windows program and the biggest hard drive to fit in that laptop a big screen with the most pixels they can put in a DVD burner/reader/CD burner/reader with the biggest ram space and I also want the best video card and the best processor they have and a touch mouse pad scroll up/down and left/right and I want it in a thin laptop I will pay 10,000.00$ for it if I have to so tell me what laptop should I get?

-reply by Jeffman500

I WANT THE BEST!!!!!

I am 13 years old and I am obsessed with technology when I turn 16 I want to get a job and start saving up for a laptop immediatly and I want the best of the best laptop in the world I don't care for the second best I want the best and I mean it I want a built in camara/camcorder I want a built in microphone and I want atleast 4 USB ports hopefully more I want the best battery shorter charges longer life and I want the best windows program and the biggest hard drive to fit in that laptop a big screen with the most pixels they can put in a DVD burner/reader/CD burner/reader with the biggest ram space and I also want the best video card and the best processor they have and a touch mouse pad scroll up/down and left/right and I want it in a thin laptop and I also want built in wireless wifi internet very high speeds I will pay 10,000.00$ for it if I have to so tell me what laptop should I get?

-question by Jeffman500

Replying to iGuestThe biggest hard drive is (I think) 1 Yottabyte. It is not for public use, it is only in super computer servers. I don't think any public computers systems will be able to recognize anything that high. (It is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilobytes or 1 quintillion kilobytes)

BIGGIST HD IN WORLD

Zottabyte! lol that is 128 exabytes... Yottabytes are the biggest with:

Yotabyte can hold:

200,000,000,000,000,000 Song (5mb each)

1,400,000,000,000,000 Movies (700mb each)

1,000,000,000,000,000,000 Pictures (Jpeg format ; 0.5mb each)

Zottabyte can hold:

200,000,000,000,000 Song (5mb each)

1,400,000,000,000 Movies (700mb each)

1,000,000,000,000,000 Pictures (Jpeg format ; 0.5mb each)

Gmgex at yahoo.Com

-reply by Gmgex

1 tb..What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

dude you can get 1 tb external hard drive at best buy smarts for 200 bucks 

-reply by THE MASTER