xisto Community
abandongamez

What Is The Biggest Hard Drive In The World ?

Like what the other people are saying, the largest harddrive in stock for most stores is the 500gb hard disk. However if you want to go for multi-terabyte storage, then you may need to use an external hard drive and have at least 2 hard drives connected to each other--one master and the rest are slaves. Man I wish I had that much money to buy a big hard drive.Like what the other people are saying, the largest harddrive in stock for most stores is the 500gb hard disk. However if you want to go for multi-terabyte storage, then you may need to use an external hard drive and have at least 2 hard drives connected to each other--one master and the rest are slaves. Man I wish I had that much money to buy a big hard drive.

i have a 120 GB hard drive and taht was pretty huge backl in 2003, now we're into damning terrabytes.. I dont think i'd ever yuse a terrabyte, im having trouble filling my 120!!! i think new reporters could do with terrabytes of data, and maybe, sound manufacturers.. sound often takes alot of space and there are effects and stuff.. so video stuff could take a lot of space also. Why i said news was because theyd have loadss of photo input every day and theyd also have articles written every day in the bulk, over time this could reach terrabytes but im sure theyd just ensd it over to differnt hard drives.. i dont actaully think we need terrbyte drives...loadas differnet ones will do.. but then... uless we get terrabyte large files.. we wont need it

haha joey I have one 120gb one 150gb and one 280gb and IT"S STILL NOT ENOUGH!!!! i know i'm crazy but I need more MORE ROOM! I cnat wait for the Terabyte drives to skydive in price as soon as it does I'm going to jump on it and use it as my new backup drive

I recently red an articly that said that they are making new hard drives with new technology (instead of magnetic pins, they will use elektrons) and those drives will be able to store few PB (PetaBytes) of data!!! PB=1000TB=1000000GB

Researchers have finally found a way to create storage devices that are capable of storing millions of gigabytes of data. With the use of ferroelectric, the researchers from Drexel University and University of Pennsylvania are able to squeeze 12.8 million gigabytes of information into a cubic centimeter. Very amazing indeed.http://www.hiptechblog.com/. You can actually buy a 48 terabyte hard drive which is huge and about 23000 USD. dollars and would hold more than any average person can use for even if you were into torrenting and downloading!! so hope this helped!!-henry bullowick

Well RapidShare got 4 PB which is bout 4,000,000 GB (TB is smaller than PB its like coppering MB to GB)and I'm sure that there are bigger hdds than that-Rafal

Well RapidShare got 4 PB which is bout 4,000,000 GB (TB is smaller than PB its like coppering MB to GB)and I'm sure that there are bigger hdds than that-Rafal

Pretty much every server over 200GB is going to be multiple hdds. It gets cheaper to rack and connect earlier than you'd think.

edit : The first commercially-available petabyte Storage Array was launched by the EMC Corporation in January 2006, with an approximate cost of USD 4 million.[7] https://www.engadget.com/

Rapid share is equal to two eBays? I thought it'd be more.
Edited by toby (see edit history)

The Biggest Hard Drive ever is not a 2TB its a 1PB for all you people who don't know what that is it is a petabyte A petabyte is 1,024 terabytes, this hard drive would be insanely expensive but it does exist.

Alienware offers a 1Terabite HDD in their newest computer. The CIA has a Brontobite worth of storage(that is an octillion bites. It's a 1 with 27 zeros) but I am sure that is a lot of servers combined.-Jeremiah

Largest World Hard Drive

Replying to abandongamezThe largest drive in the world is 500TB, my friend...

-Toto

---------------

Edit by Yordan : @Toto, you were rather short her, you should at least say who made this disk, and give the link to the info if you have it.

biggest hard drive

The biggest ever is 1.2 petabytes.

My source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

This isn't for sale...Yet. When it does go on sale, it will be about $750.

The biggest you can currently buy is 1 terabyte.

My sources: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

They also sell them at Best Buy, but try a computer store first to get the best information and help.