xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jeeten

Remove Msn Messenger In Windows Xp For XP user only

How do you remove MSN Messenger in Windows XP? Not from the Add/Remove program list but by locating SYSOC.INF in the \Windows\INF folder (hidden file and folder). Open it in Notepad and locate the line: msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7Remove the word 'hide' from the line and save the file. After making the necessary changes, you'll be able to see MSN Messenger in the Add/Remove Windows components list. You can then remove it for good.

Wow thanks so much that kicked *bottom*. It annoys me from time to time due to some config ressets... Now, no more! :huh:

-----Merged with above-----szupie

I'm sorry for the double posting, since there's no edit button... but, couldn't this be moved to the Tutorials section of the forum?

-----No, because this is just a tip, and is too short to be considered a tutorial-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Here is a faster or better way to remove the
Windows Messenger which comes with Windows XP

Click on Start-> Run
then Copy the following command and paste it

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

So...just one step. No file needs to be changed.
Simple and faster
enjoy it.

How do you remove MSN Messenger in Windows XP? Not from the Add/Remove program list but by locating SYSOC.INF in the \Windows\INF folder (hidden file and folder).

1064332664[/snapback]

Don't you mean Windows Messenger? I can remove MSN Messenger just fine in the Add/Remove Program list. Windows Messenger is the annoying one that launches at start up and hides and takes away your memory. Thanks for the tip. (I actually thought it was a question at first, because of your first sentence :huh: )

Here is a faster or better way to remove the

Windows Messenger which comes with Windows XP

Click on Start-> Run

then Copy the following command and paste it

So...just one step. No file needs to be changed.

Simple and faster

enjoy it.

1064332721[/snapback]

Way to go!!!

that's the best way to post stuff, one click and ready to run.

And how ro remove MSN Messenger in Windows Vista? I "open" the schow hidden files and I no see the sysoc.inf file! Thanks for any support.-Newbi