xisto Community
Shooting Star Haven

Ebay Sucks! ebay is for stupid people

What Is So Hard About This?Ebay Sucks!

I have been on ebay for over 12 years. It has been 12 plus years of thieves on both sides, ebay self serving rules and crappy customer service and complete paranoia between buyers and sellers. I have yet to make a purchase that I haven't wondered what kind of crap some seller is going to pull and I never sold a thing that I didn't have to worry about some screwball buyer getting a hormone rush and blowing holes in my business.Add to the negatives all the eBay rules issues and the volume of garbage you have to read and keep up on and any rational human being should be able to determine that ebay's BS just isn't worth the effort. The eBay business model never has worked and it never is going to work in a world where there are thousands of legitimate, reputable places to shop online without fear of being ripped off or the victim of some shennanigan.

Ebay should have been history a long time ago, but these tree huggers who refuse to move on or get a real job keep it alive. Someone turn the lights off on ebay and let us admit it was an experiment gone bad.

-reply by Elmer_Fudd

Replying to akijikan "As for faulty, DOA, or broken products, that's why you pay for shipping insurance and deal with trustworthy sellers." I don't know if you are aware, but Insurance on items through USPS does not cover ebay items. From the horses mouth they have advised me numerous times that when an insurance claim is filed it is filed by you (the seller) they will then ask you for a recipt of what YOU paid for it NOT THE BUYER. They will not refund any of the buyers money if you present a paypal receipt. The only thing you can do is provide delivery confirmation a.K.A (tracking number).

-reply by Lizlmt

ebay sucks for new sellers you go therwe to sell something being honest you cant sell but yet i have bought off a high rated seller 5 years later still waiting on my silver so if you use ebay use at your own risk i'll never use it again considering i had to pay fees on something i couldnt sell when there are plenty of free auction houses just like ebay.

ebay sucks for new sellers you go there to sell something being honest you cant sell but yet i have bought off a high rated seller 5 years later still waiting on my silver so if you use ebay use at your own risk i'll never use it again considering i had to pay fees on something i couldnt sell when there are plenty of free auction houses just like ebay.

I love Ebay for finding cheap products that costs $$$ in stores. I bought an HDMI cable for about $6.. in stores.. about $40. I bought another Mac to HDMI adapter .. $30 something in stores, paid $4 on ebay. And just recently needed a Mac to Projector piece.. found it for $1 and $1 S&H. Not bad at all.So you have your good deals definitely. Sometimes bad deals. Ebay gives you an estimate on how much stuff costs and how much people are willing to pay.I've only dealt with one scammer whose shipping info and paypal info were unmatched. To make a long story short.. and Ebay/Paypal informing me that I was being scammed, yet somehow there was $1000 in my account... I just left the whole scene for almost a year. Forgot about whatever was in there -- they said they were working things out.. would retrieve the money and not to do anything. So I returned after not logging into my Paypal account for a year, to $500 in my Paypal account. I guess that was mine now.. and I deposited it into my bank account and used it to pay some tuition for college!Good times with Ebay ;).