xisto Community
soccermage

What's Life As A Programmer Like In Your Country? Programmer is the lowest profession here

Basically within the industry of software, programmer has the lowest pay; managers and consultants the maximum.

This sounds like everywhere in the world.However, how is the job evolution in your company?
Do you start as a low-level programmer, and then, when starting becoming experienced, do you raise to analyst, then give work to several programer and
become a manager, and after having proven your experience, become a consultant?

in india programmer or say a software engineer from a good institute has a luxurious life and lives like a king! but not for all those here only one thing is true and always on ' survival for the fittest' if you are good everyone will just ask for you only and no one and if arent good or got the degree from an z grade college then damn i dont think there is anylife left in here for that person..... as said by some one earlier... this line has got a much hype in this current 5 years only and now its growing like a popcorn in a minute so big. :D but lemme say if arent good or say not the best then your life will be like insect and if you have the capablity go on my friend whole country is yours :)

@aloKNsh: Nice :) I've just graduated from school and I'm now looking for a job as developer in Belgium. The first thing I've noticed is that it's hard to find a job as developer without being a consultant. Being a consultant is nice because usually you get the nice additions like a company car and maybe even a laptop and/or cell phone, but usually, those get subtracted from your wage. You also don't have to be super intelligent or an awesome developer to start, most companies realise that a junior developer isn't going to know everything. It's more important that you can solve problems and stuff rather than being able to develop (you're supposed to be able to develop, but as there are 1000 programming languages, it's hard to expect that someone knows a specific language, tough it's a plus if you know the language for which they need people).So, as a junior in Belgium, there are plenty opportunities, a nice wage and some extras :D

Life of a programmer in India depends on what kind of a company a person is in.But for a person who enjoys doing programming,for whom it is a passion its always a fun & definitely a challenge that has to be met within a fixed deadline set up by the company you work for.For me its like a good area where you can apply mathematics & logic.