xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Two Of My Latest Sigs ebbinger_413

Heheh ok now i think you have gone in totaly the other directions and these are more of a banner than a sig i think you should stick to the max size atleast that is used in a sig contest which is 450x150 and more than that and its really becoming a banner and dont go below 175x75 otherwise then its going into link banner size,,,so anyting in that range is cool, as for the sigs im really digging the first audioslave sig the blending option in the second one just doesnt work for me and the eagle looks great in the first...and dont forget your borders.

thanks yeah i know...i didnt feel like putting borders on these...at least not yet...and i noticed they were more banners than sigs...but you guys wanted them longer and not as tall ;) ... lol yeah i will stick to the 450 x 150...those are 645 x 75 and i usually make mine 425 x 125 and those are within that range...and you guys complained ! ... lol idk...i just wanted the sigs rated on their design quality and not their size...i was just sorta messin around...thanks again for all the comments(go Xisto - t3 baby lightning speed...im luvin it)

here is one brand new sig....(sig not banner) and the audioslave and mcr banner with the borders ;)

the sig i did two days ago and took me about five hours...because i had to find a pic with the apc logo (two half circles) so that i could pen them and make my own from that image...then i had a lot of layer blendings on this sig as well...

404.png

404.png

404.png

thanks again for all the comments

I really like the My chemical Romance now. The blood splatter is awesome, you'll have to share that technique with us sometime.I actually prefer you original (second) AudioSlave signature. It looked a little more fluent than the light counter part.If you need or want any help on making signatures, then I suggest you check out the design forums of Xisto, they are very talented there (especially Saint_Michael, who makes appearences here).

Somebody tell ebbinger that his sigs are amazing or this whole forum will drown in his sigs ;)jk, i like your perfect circle sig ... for some reason, the colors seem to stand out. But, I still like your Half-life2 sig more than any of the others. That one ROCKS! Do a tut on that ... especially about how you got the background and the 'lambda square' to blend in like that. :P

haha....lol...yes, i am sorry i love getting my sigs rated...cause then i know if i have to change them or not...or if they are good the way they are...

heres another sig :P

404.png

and i will work on a tut for the hl2 sig ;) ... thanks all

yet another sig...this one i need some comments on though...i was contemplating starting another topic...but i opted not to...anyways...which one is better...green or blue ?

404.png

404.png

the sigs are for a friend...her sn is niko...meaning cat in japanese (or chinese or sumtin ;)) anyways...i wanted to get the word niko in japanese on there as well...but i couldnt find any programs or fotns or anything that could do that ? can someone point me in the right direction? possibley a japanese font pack? or a translator? or maybe just an image with the word niko in japanese :P

thanks!

Haha im you man ebbinger ;) go to http://www.deviantart.com/ and in the search bar at the top right type japanese brush and you will find atleast three brush sets with japanese kanji unfortunately you will need Niko to tell you which one is for cat becuase they are just the kanji with no english translation, otherwise if that still doesnt help (assuming you have XP) get out your installation cd and install the east asian language packs on your computer one of which is japanses and you can use keyboard hotkeys to swap to them. The Perfect Circle sig is cool i would recommend a brightness and contrast layer on the background though just to get it brighter. Definitely change the font colour and choice for the omni-present sig and then i think you will have a decent sig. The green looks good for the Niko sig but i think you shud not go so low on the opacity of the name.Good Luck.

the sigs are for a friend...her sn is niko...meaning cat in japanese (or chinese or sumtin :P) anyways...i wanted to get the word niko in japanese on there as well...but i couldnt find any programs or fotns or anything that could do that ? can someone point me in the right direction? possibley a japanese font pack? or a translator? or maybe just an image with the word niko in japanese ;)

thanks!

1064329611[/snapback]

Hmm... I don't think niko means cat. It should be neko instead (e, not i). If you want japanese fonts, you can do what Reaver said, just use the installation disk to get the font.

Here's the word "cat" in Kanji. I know it is correct because I am chinese :P .

Posted Image

I don't have any pretty fonts, just 2 standard ones. If you want, I can get better fonts and give you another image of the word.

thanks guys...umm...i am not 100% sure that niko (or neko) is cat in japanese...but yeah...lol...idk ;) ... i was lookin for a translator so that i could find out...or a dictionary or sumtin...but i got stuck and couldnt find nuttin...anyways...i need the japanese word not chinese (i still might be wrong...but anyways :P lets pursume im not :P) lol....o well...thanks for that image though...but i dont want to put it in there if it isnt right...and i want to make sure that its neko and not niko or w/e :) ...

anyways...i was messin around and came up with two more...(working on the text blending with the background - thats the point of the last couple sigs...)

404.png

404.png

thoughts please...thank you for all the comments and help and support so far :P

The Monika Sig is Awesome ebbinger just the text totally kills it :P the drop shadow effect works smoothly with the bg but i suggest maybe a totaly different shade of red or another colour altogether, the font type is ok i guess ;) For the 1st sig maybe putting a layer mask on the render which will blend her in a bit more ( the left render that is ) Maybe try setting the text to softlight and duplicating it then working with the duplicate :P

thanks guys...umm...i am not 100% sure that niko (or neko) is cat in japanese...but yeah...lol...idk ;) ... i was lookin for a translator so that i could find out...or a dictionary or sumtin...but i got stuck and couldnt find nuttin...anyways...i need the japanese word not chinese (i still might be wrong...but anyways :P lets pursume im not :P) lol....o well...thanks for that image though...but i dont want to put it in there if it isnt right...and i want to make sure that its neko and not niko or w/e :P ...

1064329818[/snapback]

The word I gave you was the kanji of the word "cat" in japanese. The japanese use a lot of kanji's in their language. Most of them are very similar to Chinese words, because they originally taken from Chinese. "Cat" is pronounced as "neko" in romaji, or ねこ in hiragana. Most dictionaries do not translate an English word to the pronounciation of a Japanese word (It's like an English translator wouldn't translate "dictionary" in another language as "dik sion neh ree"), and that's why you couldn't find if "neko" is correct. You can try finding the pronounciation of 猫 instead. (if you saw a messed up word in my last sentence, that means you don't have Japanese fonts installed)