xisto Community
bnbrown

Bnbrown's Questions: Html, Css, Jsc, Ftp Etc.

These rules sounds a bit weird. I've never heard of such though I'm in other forums also. And how can I count my letters? Should I go up and down? There's no built-in counter that would help. I've never heard about considering impatience a bad thing, too. The forum must be live, only then can it be called a forum. I hope it is more than 25 and doesn't seem to be inpatience...

Tip: If you can't get 25 words out of a post, then usually it's irrelevent.

Basically if you're going to say "I agree" or "That sounds cool", then just don't. If you're worried about how many words, fire up word and copy and paste your post after you do a word count. Most usually tho, you'll be able to reach the 25 word mark as long as you give a post some thought.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it right away. But why spam?

That post should not have ever happened. Wait until you try it, then post your results, and the "thanks, why spam?" That way there was something that everyone can get out of the post. (the result of the previous post..did it work or not?) Refer to the rules and you'll find it to be a helpful resource for all your questions.

I'm not really sure about it, but I see quite some posts with under 25 words round here, also in older posts, so maybe it is more a "mental mark", so that they are not really deleted always. I don't think that one has to use a word count. Just think about the following fact, when writing:– If you ask: Is the question clear? Did you supply all necessary info to get help? Would it help if you clarified your skill level?- If you reask: Have I tried my best solving the problem already? Did I understand the answer? Was there a request for more info? Do I have an idea why it still doesn't work?- If you answer: Is my answer understandable? Does the person have the necessary skill and technical possibility to use my answer? Is my answer taken "as is" useful for people who search the forum later?This helps making this a good support forum, where questions aren't dumped in a ton of spam and real answers are not lost on Page 7. This way the threads don't get cluttered up and finding answers is easier.

Getting back to the task at hand, it seemed like bnbrown had more than two questions, or would you say that that's all you had to ask about, because, from the title of your post, it seemed like you had a lot of questions...have you thought about maybe trying to put them all into one post, since one big post (I believe) counts as more days than multiple small posts? Just a thought.

Hi all! I solved my problem, instead of pop-uping imgs I made for every img its own page so it opens in the same table and looks great! It is really better not to pop-up the eyes of the customer.... Thanks for every one of you!

2. question: How is that I use an alt tag for my imgs and IE does show off the text whereas Firefox does not...?

1064329011[/snapback]

the alt tag for image is like this

<ima src="path of the image" alt="Alt text">. This is the correct text for the alt tag. I think you had made some mistake in coding. Plz try this. You also have to take care of the semicolon sign. so good luck

Well I sure hope I can get at lest 25 words into this posting... (I don't like spam either).Back to the Topic: Alt versus Title.The Alt attribute was originally intended to replace an image when the Image was not available for display in a browser. During the early rush for dominance in the Browser development race, Microsoft (I think was first) used the Alt atribute as an "on-mouse-over" tool-tip text for displaying messages. Others followed.The title atribute is the correct one to use for this purpose according to the w3c standards. Firefox Web Developer's Extension will "outline" Images that don't include a title tag, since the title tag should be included in the Image tags for use by screenreaders.I try to include both in my Image tags. they do serve different purposes.Hope this helps.

Thanks folks! Title works perfect. Now I've been into various css problems. One is to 100% all of my div's height of a page at once. The auto did not solve it for it takes the end of a div till it have content. But what if I have different length of content. Then it takes the left div 500px and the middle 700px the right again 600px. What to do that they shall go together disregard of the content? Also I tried the html, body {height: 100%}As others adviced, but it still not have the proper effect.

interesting... it's been awhile since i've done some html/css codingbut great response finadesign... if i was to do a popup like that i would prefer CSS division/layerinteresting how design has evolved so much that browser-version woo seems to slowly fade away as people become more update with technology