xisto Community
LikMeBalleFM

I Need Y`all Honest Opinions On This!

Well they look nice for a begineer effort. To be honest you could improve alot. I am not sure what tyres are these ..but they are so thin that they are unbelieveable. Plus if you second Rim is of differnt design you should bring it to front a bit. Also one of them could be lyingon the floor. Floor looks non-believeable. Could be nice if you used real texture. Same goes for wall...may be u didnt want it to be believeable. The Y thingie seems really thin and small ..you could make it some how bigger and cover all the circle..(dont make the whole bigger thougIs it shown to be inside ..or outside in sunlight?

Hi Elfo,

I do agree with Hatim, it's quite nice for a beginner. You used some nice effects, e.g. font hazing at the ends, distinctive colors of items, etc.

But I also agree with him that there are lots of things that could be improved. Think of this post as a helpful, constructive critique (I hope! :mellow: ).

I thought maybe the text that's showing in your graphic meant something that could explain the thinness of the tires and the Y sign in the middle, but I couldn't. I thought it might be your nickname (ElfoReal), but I don't think it is. So yes, I think Hatim made a good point there.

Another thing I noticed was the inequality of the indentations of the tire connectors. I know you probably don't understand what I'm talking about, and frankly, I hardly do. Let me explain...

The Y circle at the middle of the front tire is connected to the outer circle by 6 metal bands, right? Ok, you see, the indentations of these bands are not the same. One makes an almost straight angle, the other is visibly not. I know it's not that obvious, but I want you to keep in mind one VERY important thing...

If you're going to be a *great* designer, you have to pay attention to every detail.

But just so you know, I like your graphic. Maybe you could've used another color than the overly-used Red, but still, I get the impression you're gonna do something real good, real soon. :blink:

Keep it coming, man. Good luck.

All the best,

Mernokh

I too think it is very good for your first rims.. i have seen tires that thin before (would never drive on them, but ive seen them haha) but you should add some tire treads to them. Also a nice chrome look on the rims would help, shine those muthas up haha.the floor could have a better look i think, its too bland and unrealistic, The background is nice, maybe adding a reflection of it on the floor would give it a nice showroom feel.hmmm i think that about does it, along with everyone elses suggestions it should look really goodI do like it though as it is, it is very good :mellow:

Well, in my opinion it looks nice, maybe the bottom font is not my taste, but as I am not a big designer and don't play to much with graphics, I can't say anything to imrpove itm, maybe the bottom looks quite plain ? nice work :mellow:

ThnX for the pointers and the cunstructive comments everybody and in the meantime here is a new render. I`m still making some mods to it, so this is not the final product.....

What y`all think of it? and by the way can someone tell me how the actual design of the rims look like? you like it or not?

Posted Image

I love this new render. Although its not perfect, its still better than the first. Ok, things you've made adjustments to or added: 1. Reflection on floor - much better than the first where you sorta drew a 2D circle on the floor with a little bevel around it. 2. I believe you've adjusted the lighting a little and how the shadows lay on the tyres. 3. You gave the insides of the tyres a more shiny/reflective feel instead of just plain white. Basically, you've adjusted the reflections and shadow casts on the render. I would still suggest, along with gamerchick39, that you put some tire tracks on the wheels. In my opinion, you should adjust the thickness of the metal frame a little. The metal frame looked thin and unrealistic in the first render but now that you've made the adjustments, its much more thick and shiny. Give it a little thickness and it'll improve its looks.Overall is a great adjustment to your first, i do like your first one too though, its better than my first render of a 3 storey house with a garage. Although i could never do anything as good as this, i really am cheering you on because you're doing great on the mods! Keep it up, I'm sure the next one would be perfect!

the second design is much better than the first, by the way if i missed it, with what software you make this renders ?

Posted Image

1064325724[/snapback]

very nice style I must admit I like it very much!

But. You might want to make that reversed Y in the middle of rim a bit more fat. It's just too thin, imagine it was real, someone could just break it too easily... Now, About the rest of the rim design, it's really nice, syle is good, and final render here looks very nice. I would love to see it attached to some car-model just to see how it goes with it. keep up with work like that... :mellow:

It's nice, but they look a little bit fake, I would say, try to make it more real :)

1064326246[/snapback]

I hope the next render seem more real to you

ps: in this close-up I discovered a few flaws in the rims, the two buttom spokes are distorted :) I`ll fix that in the morning.

anyway here is the next render

Posted Image

second one looks much better. the reflection in the floor and on the inside of the rims makes it look way better. maybe you can give the tire some profile. that would make it les plane.