xisto Community
jedipi

Screenshots Of Microsoft Office 12

I have tried all (I think) office suites, and, although I like using some of them, I have to say that M/S Office is way ahead in features. The main thing about it is that it has just so much, in fact, most people have no idea what a powerful suite it is, especially Word. In fact, M/S Office is, in my opinion, the best thing they have done.

I have 2003 and at school they have 2000. So if i make a PPpresentation here, it won't work good at school.

1064322566[/snapback]

Yeah, I know where you;re coming from... I use office 2003 myself and I really pile onto all the custom animation of the slides.. then I head out to office and wham, it's all gone to the dogs..!! I mean even all the office laptops have 2000 on them so presenting to clients is a bit tricky if I've worked on something at home and then transferred it to one of the office laptops because I never know when something's not going to go the way I want it to.. really a bit much...!!

The new office layout seems very basic and quite plain.. but maybe that helps out in attracting users, and especially useful at not scaring away new users.

ActiveWin.com just some brand new microsoft Office 12 screenshots of the latest build available.
you can now see Word referred to as "Word 2006" in some pics
Excel 12 is looking just like Excel for Mac

http://activewin.com/articles/2005/21.shtml

I'll likely use it eventually somewhere, but I'll stick to what I have now until I have a reason to switch. I'll likely see it at school or in the workplace first... Frankly I'm not that excited and I dont like the new look from what I've seen, but to ech their own

1064322388[/snapback]

My school just bought about 100+ computers last summer. When they got imaged, they put on Office XP. Office XP is like a cross between Office 2000 and Office 2003. That would be cool though if they did get Office 12. The only thing they got before me was Photoshop CS2 to replace Photoshop 6.

My friend got me a pre-release copy of Office 12 from somewhere, probably a file sharing network (I don't know, I never looked and never even heard of Office 12 before then), (no serial key, copyright isn't even fully distiguished) but it wouldn't install on my main computer so I put it on an extra laptop. I think the UI for it *might* go along with Vista themes more than XP themes. But the best feature in Word is the new reference section. MLA is no longer a problem! :huh: You can easily insert your sources! And you can get real lazy, because when you make a bibliography page, it inserts all entries in A-B-C order! :) Of course, I don't use it that much, and their is a bug in PowerPoint.

[N]F

it looks nice, beautiful, but if there are not needed advantages than the older versions i dont think i am getting it soon. my 15in screen will in compination with the big toolbars arount the text will make things just worse for me!!!!. Maybe microsoft will give a 25in screen as a gift with each product. that would be a nice way to stop piracy too :huh:. ok, i know they ll never do smthg like that but... maybe santa clause has such a screen for me.

Bah, whatever you guys say, Microsoft Office is simply the best. Something doesn't make it best just because it's free - think of the quality. Think about it - how long has Microsoft Office programs have been around and have been leading? Pretty long time, don't you think?I am saying that MO is the best, if not, one of the best then :huh:

I prefer the version I have now (11 (aka 2003)), as the user interface (UI) is much better and not to mention more logical. The features are also very rich.The graphics however on version 12 (in document) look better and more controlable, but those effects can be made with patience and knowledge, in a vector graphics editor (e.g. Fireworks).

I think Microsoft Office has reached a state of maturity.It is becoming harder to convince users to upgrade with every new release. Therefore, Microsoft is giving Office a brand new, redesigned interface. Only two traditional elements (the FILE menu and a QUICK LAUNCH toolbar icons) remain from all previous version of Ovvice.Using Open XML format and supporting PDF are the importantchanges in Office 12.

I prefer the version I have now (11 (aka 2003)), as the user interface (UI) is much better and not to mention more logical. The features are also very rich.

The graphics however on version 12 (in document) look better and more controlable, but those effects can be made with patience and knowledge, in a vector graphics editor (e.g. Fireworks).

1064333055[/snapback]

Actually, the Office 12 suite (for once) is designed with usability in mind. It takes a little while to get your bearings, after having used the same old template for basically every previous version of Office, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes MUCH faster to use than previous versions. everything is right there at your fingertips. even simple things like the default font... it's so much better and easier on your eyes than Office versions before. Also the support for open formats and XML. then, the native Office 12 *.doc format saves at roughly half the size of Office 2003. granted, you need to open the file with the latest Office, but it's great to have the smaller size. everything's faster, more intuitive, and simply a great improvement. I would definitely rate it highly. and it runs fine on Windows XP. ---doesn't have to be Vista/Longhorn.

And I agree with cyborgxxi.... Microsoft is still the best. Not really a comparison between Office 12 and OpenOffice 2.0. Unless you can't afford it.

Kind of nice design. Good eye-candy though. Yet, it looks confusing to use. Therefore, Open Office would be easier... and M$ Office is now more confusing to use. Unless they put those dumb wizards to help...
xboxrulz

Well, I kind of agree with you. The interface looks cool... and maybe a little "weird" because I think the Office 2003 UI looks better than this.

xboxrulz, if you need help on functions and ways to do various things in Microsoft Office, then I *truly* advise you to buy a big book on Microsoft Office. Ooops, if you are getting Office 12, then you'll have to wait :huh::)

Last year, during my Desktop Publishing class (freshman, highschool), we learned functions and different things for Microsoft Word and PowerPoint... and Publisher as well, with this thick guide book that contains practice pages and informational guides on how to make this and that work.

So, if you want to get the most out of Office products, then I advise you... no, I *recommend* you to get those guide books. Although I don't remember them anymore (I haven't used 'em for so long, that's why) haha but if you will be using Office frequently, then sure, why not?