xisto Community
jedipi

Screenshots Of Microsoft Office 12

So it only works on Windows Vista? Darnit though guess that's rather expected.Has anyone used OpenOffice here and how does it compare to Microsoft Office? I am going to work in a legal firm but if everyone else has to use OpenOffice that kinda defeats the purpose.Are there any radically new features besides eyecandy? And yes it does kinda look like a Mac...Will its documents be backward compatible?Intel chips going into Macs and programs like iTunes on PCs...now all is left are to include the Linux people!

Edited by roggle (see edit history)

The pictures show a pretty neat picture of MicroSoft Office suite, but I am not sure I will even be using it. I might end up using it at my job, but at home, as I planning to shift to Linux, it will be mostly Open Office. The issue is, I have kind of lost trust with the stability achieved by Microsoft products.

I'll likely use it eventually somewhere, but I'll stick to what I have now until I have a reason to switch. I'll likely see it at school or in the workplace first... Frankly I'm not that excited and I dont like the new look from what I've seen, but to ech their own

Same here with me. I wont switch until and unless there is some hard reason for switching. Another irritating part about switching is that dum old Micro$oft updates. I will have to keep updating until they classfy it "nearly bugless", witch I think will take another year for that to happen. After all its Micro$oft man. What else can you expect.

eh, looks okay.what's the big deal about a new face? it probably works as crappy as ever...I'm not wowed. most Microsoft-loving consumers will be, though. It's no surprise.

not only are they ripping from MacOS X, but I think Windows Vista is just UNIX but with the name Windows, has anyone looked at the Ultimate version? It can RUN UNIX programs and act like one too.Micro$oft ain't making anything new, they're just taking other people's work, claim that it is theirs and then remarket it. Even Internet Explorer 7 is just a really hacked up version of Mozilla Firefox.xboxrulz

i certainly would give a pat on the back to whoever at microsoft fired the old gui designer and hired the new one for vista / office 12 / new ms stuff.windows xp style has been the bane of my eyes for years now and finally ms products may be able to looks good, even if a bit of a rip of mac osX.however you will have to try very hard to make me pay any money for and office suite. im quite happy with a slowly improoving OOo

My guess is that MS doesn't have any creativity right now and they just want to copy OSX for the look and feel, I know that they are better than this in the older day, but now NO! IE7 copies Firefox and now MS Office 12 copy the OSX look & feel. If I remembered correctly, Microsoft refuses to use ODF (Open Document Format) probably because switching office programs will be easier. Openoffice.org now uses ODF as the standard file format, and other programs probably will.