xisto Community
iGuest

How Long Is Your PC Boot Time ?

How long does ur pc normally take to boot up?

I've got a 3GHz CPU, 512mb RAM, ATI RADEON 9600 graphics, 200gb hard drive yet my PC takes like 2 minutes to fully boot up and be usable. (excluding typing password) Is this normal? It seem a bit long?

Any thoughts?

1064320526[/snapback]

I have 3.2 GHz CPU, 1024MB RAM, Geforce 6600, 200GB hard drive. And mine PC use maybe 30-40sec to boot up. I will say one thing, I think you got some spyware or something, my old PC, who my dad and mom is using, is bader than yours, and it takes maybe 1min or somethings there.

I think you need to chech for spyware, and things like that.. But it is not only about that, if you have very many programs it will automatic go slower to.

oh dearon my p4 ht 3 Gz 512ddr RAM XP about 1min25sec. Thats bad, but ive had it a year and i havent reinstalled at all becasue its too much of a hassle and i dont have the disks i need. The real comparison will be soon when i get my second HD and 1 gig ram and gentoo linux.

My Pc amd64 3000+ with windows OS...boot time less than 1 mins...but my computer have sonething wrong in lan card...in truth i think the boot time is not important, the stable is more important

On my 2.66 Ghz 1GbRam laptop, i get to the login screen in @ 40 seconds, then another 10 seconds to load services and startup items. Not bad. aggressive use of the startup cleaner in msconfig is what did it for me. also going to services and disabling ones i never use.

With my P4 2.8Ghz, it only takes less than 30 seconds to boot to Microsoft Windows XP and about 50 seconds to boot to Fedora Core. I can't belive that a 3Ghz is slower than mine.

Do you know whats slowing down your pc? It's your RAM, you need atleaced 1 gig to support a 9600. That or it could just be your motherboard, what type do you have?

My load time's prob about 2 mins as well. I don't have the grafix set down, but I do reguarly go through msconfig and see what's on the startup page. Also, pay attention to your services "services.msc" I notice a lot of times, spyware install themselves as some funky service names. This also slows down your pc. I also usually use a registry scanner to find bad files. I need to reinstall windows xp, but still waiting on a dvdrw so I can back everything up.

How long does ur pc normally take to boot up?

I've got a 3GHz CPU, 512mb RAM, ATI RADEON 9600 graphics, 200gb hard drive yet my PC takes like 2 minutes to fully boot up and be usable. (excluding typing password) Is this normal? It seem a bit long?

Any thoughts?

1064320526[/snapback]

Try using bootvis. This is program from Microsoft that monitors what happens when you boot your computer and then changes certain settings to make it faster.

It changed mine from 23 seconds to 11.

I first ran into it on the from Reformat to Relax XP tweaking guide. It's an excellent guide and I'd recommend it to everyone.

Yes that does seem kind of slow for the stuff you got in your computer but for an average computer it seems fine. There are many factors that influence the time.1. How Old is your computer?2. How Much memory is used?3. How Much Memory is left?4. How Many Programs do you have installed?There are also other factors that affect the timing and they vary for each computer.