xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Web1000.com: Web Hosting Thought it was great, but...

I have run the gamut in internet hosting, from Angelfire and Geocities when I first started, to hostultra and fateback. At one point, I thought I had it made with web1000.com...no popups, unlimited space, and not very much down time. However, I soon found out that only people in the US and Canada could access their servers. (Don't ask me why...I don't know.) And, since my fansites are rather international in outreach, I was basically cutting off 75% of my fanbase for savings. So, all in all, it was a great host (mind you, this was about 2 years ago, so bear that in mind.) but for what I was doing it just wasn't working out...I liked them, but I just wasn't getting it out to everyone that I needed to.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

all those that you named, I tried, suffered, didn't like them and went on. reasons why i don't like them:all except web1000.com have ads, however, web1000 is horrible too, it's ftp service sucks, it's unreliable and it's not user friendly.

I tried Web1000.com before, at first I was very impressed with their model of free web hosting which they explained on their site. But I soon found out that they are like the rest of the other free hosts out here, unreliable.

I have run the gamut in internet hosting, from Angelfire and Geocities when I first started, to hostultra and fateback. At one point, I thought I had it made with web1000.com...no popups, unlimited space, and not very much down time. However, I soon found out that only people in the US and Canada could access their servers. (Don't ask me why...I don't know.) And, since my fansites are rather international in outreach, I was basically cutting off 75% of my fanbase for savings. So, all in all, it was a great host (mind you, this was about 2 years ago, so bear that in mind.) but for what I was doing it just wasn't working out...I liked them, but I just wasn't getting it out to everyone that I needed to.

Actually I have found this site off of google and in my opinion it is the worst hosts I have ever seen. My website has already been deleted and I got no conf. e-mail even after re-sending it multiple times. My bottom line is asta beats this site infinite to none ;)

At first web1000.com was great. then their ftp.web1000.com server began to suck big time. its always down. on top of everything else, they place that huge ugly banner advertising their features; and it blocks your display on your webpage. once they got that banner; I was through with them.-shanelle