xisto Community
djleli

Creating a pop up

I hate pop-ups they JAR THE HELL OUTTA ME....Once I went on this website and they had pop-up of ad's non stop in the end I had forty and my computer just shut down and my website and some things I made on my computer were lost...I literally went mad. I started to bite the keyboard and kick my machine. I spent like 6 hours on one piece...Pop ups are a NO NO unless they are pink then thats totally fine by me

I hate pop-ups. I don't care if you have to push a key or what, they have no purpose to me. Most people have pop-up blockers, so why would anyone even bother to make one for their site??? That's a waste of time in my opinion. They are annoying and pointless, so don't bother. Okay, maybe some have their uses, but most are annoying.

Mozilla blocks most of my popups, but as you guys said, they often do more harm than good. I can recall countless times where as my page just loaded, I clicked on a link or something, and lo! A popup gets in my way so I go to that site instead. And then a whole barrage of popups comes at me. It's just a hassle. I've stayed away from popups for a while, but if you have legitimate uses, they're not all so bad.

hey, or you can use this:

[br]<a href="main.htm" onclick="window.open('main.htm','1','width=800,height=600,directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,sta[br]tus=no,toolbar=no,resizable=no');return false">

main.htm = the page url[/br]change width and height to whatever size window you want~~ ^^

edit:[/br]also,
resizeable: if you put 'no' then your visitors can't resize the window if 'yes'..then you know ^^

coooooooooooool

Try to make your posts longer DingDong1. Most of your posts arent up to 2 lines.

pop up windows have there uses... say your site is in a top 50 site list... pop up on start with a window that says please vote for us is handy...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea dude i must 100% agree with you, but the thing that sucks is that sometimes when one popup comes like 900000000000 come out with it. So in a way this can be a good and a bad thing at the same time.

Hey guys,In general I agree. Popups/popunders r useless, annoying and just downright irritating in general. As you all should know they can be a major source of "Adware/Spyware/Virus's/trojans" etc. if you click on them. However, they do have their legitimate uses. For example, when the user requests information that you don't want to dedicate a whole webpage on your site to OR when the user requests a registration form OR e-mail message forwarding etc.If you would like a good pop killer program you can go to //AnalogX.com. It's FREE, is a small program & works very well on any OS. Also check out the other tools the website has to offer. Some SEO tools (also free) and API monitoring tools too.Hope this helps!Cheers!!RGPHNX