xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Major Forum Lag Is it just only me?

Hey admins!This is really irritating me. Whenever I scroll thru this forum, no matter what brower: Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Konqueror. It lags badly.Trap17 doesn't have this problem. I think the cause of this is because your skin lags machines.System specs (simplified)Pentium 4 2.53 GHZ120 GB HDD80 GB HDD512 MB DDRSDRAM (PC2100)NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (w/ AGP8x) 128MBSuSE Linux 9.3 w/ KDE 3.4xboxrulz

Do you mean while scrolling the page? For me, I don't have a problem with that. This forum, for some reason, takes too long to load. I mean, like sometimes, I have to wait for almost 5 min for a particular page to load. Maybe it's because of my 40kbps bandwidth, but the other forums I go to load really fast.

I think the cause of this is because your skin lags machines.

Yea, I guess maybe the skin is also causing my problem. Is it too heavy?

There are still some posts which keep on giving errors. Forums are not laggy but still have some bugs. Like i wanted to read <a href="http://forums.xisto.com/topic/85806-topic/?findpost=1064316616; post but it keeps on giving error.

There are still some posts which keep on giving errors. Forums are not laggy but still have some bugs. Like i wanted to read <a href="http://forums.xisto.com/topic/85806-topic/?findpost=1064316616; post but it keeps on giving error.

Do you mean these "Sorry, an error occurred"-messages? ("Board message") I found out that these messages appear whenever someone posts a new thread in the Tutorial section. All tutorials must be reviewed by a moderator before they can be read by others.
I think it would be much better if everything would appaer immediately, and maybe would be moved to a special Tutorial section when reviewed by a moderator.

GreetingZ

Well, usually errors to certain posts in the Last Posts and Last Topics (the bottom of the forum) indicate moderators or admins moved the thread, set it to invisible or deleted it. I don't know why it doesn't remove the posts then from those add-ons, but I can't fix it (I am not that good in php, whereas OpaQue is). Also, there is a "secret" forum, only accesible for moderators and admins, topics posted there also get listed in that Last Topics/Last Posts thing, but no one but mods and admins can see them, can access that forum. That usually is the reason for the error you receive. Spam posts are usually moved to a "trash can" located in the Staff forum, where admins can adjust credits - these posts also still show up in that Last posts/last topics.