xisto Community
punkpig5

Computers: What Kind You Use

I run on an I-mac G5 i was just wonderin what you guys are usin pc's or macs.Thanks if you reply.

1064314877[/snapback]

PC forever! *grins*

I'm using a Compaq M2105. The best thing about this, other than the fact that I have a notebook I can take with me anywhere? The AMD Sempron processor, of course. (I'll take AMD over Intel any day, really.)

I would go on about the other specs, but anyone who really wants to know can look at this eerily similar model.

If you go to HP's site and look at that, they'll claim that the wireless card enables you to maintain a connection "up to 50% further" away than before. To this, I say, "Yeah, right." Or maybe my school's wireless connection just reeks. That's probably what it is, actually.

I myself run on a PC. I like the potential to upgrade and a variety of drivers/support, etc. It CAN be a hassle at times, but that more depends on your operating system. I was never one to like proprietary things, so PC's just suit me. I enjoy building/modding 'em- it's a hobby of mine.

optykal, do you have too much money ??? Dual Core, (prolly soon) SLI 7800GTX, damn, makes me feel little when I take a look at my pc :P
PC1 (daily use):
Abit NF7-s V2.0
AXP 2500+@3200+
2x256Mb DDR400 (M-tec50B @ 2.0-2-3-11)
Sapphire R9600PRO @474/324)
WD 120Gb SATA
350Wpsu, aerogateII, DVD-rw, DVD, fdd, Thermalright SLK947U, that's it i guess.
Ozaki HM30 Q3 5.1 surround
17" screen (something my dad got, it's a bit damaged from falling: chipped a peace out of the glass and the case is scratched serverly).
15" Digital (=compaq=hp) screen (sometimes I run dual monitor)

PC2 (currently running Linux):
Shuttle AV18 v1.0
PIII 733
Matrox Millenium (G200 ?, not shure, but I use the Millenium driver)
old (near dead btw) Seagate 3.4Gb hdd (it needed a little heatsink + fan on a 85°c chip to run stable).
32x cd
250w psu
PC3 (just standing here under my desk).
I have no idea, but I guess it's and AMD K6-2
50x cd
fdd
erm, that all I know
15" Tulip screen

Things have changed abit lately. I'm still using the PC1 setup as it it, but I only have 1 monitor now (I've re-arranged my room, threw out the table for my stereo and my little desk and moved everything to my bigger desk, so I had to leave one screen, otherwise I wouldn't have room for studying). Ow yeah, my sound system is upgrade too :P . My stereo now replaces the front speakers of the Ozaki, I'm glad of it because these damned front speakers were picking up a lot of noise (some kind of fault in the amp I guess). It sounds even better, the stereo added more lower-midtones to the sound and it sounds even better now :P

P2 and P3 are no more, by means that PC2 is stored somewhere and PC3 is disassembled and put in a box with my other old hardware.

There are plenty of similar topics, but none the less, the latest, I have a IBM-PC and a Mac. I have a 6 year-old custom built IBM-PC and a 5 month old Mac.

You can find the specifications of my systems here:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/86514-topic/?findpost=1064274606 (laptop on this list has been replaced)
and
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/86514-topic/?findpost=1064274606

xboxrulz

I have 2 pcs, a 4 year old Acer and a god knows how old IBM which I don't and can't use at the moment because I only have 1 monitor.On the one I use (the Acer) I have windows XP which I mainly use and another hard drive in it with centOS 4.3. It's a pretty crappy computer, lol.I'm trying to save up for an iMac at themoment except it's not going too well (lots of other things I'd like to buy at the moment and trust me, if there's something I want and I can afford it, I'll buy it, LOL).

I have my own laptop for all the day to day stuff (Toshiba Satellite) that is now only a few months old and an Acer Aspire (few years old) that I use with all my music gear. I also have a work issued Dell Inspiron Laptop that I use at work (and at home if I must! ;)). Yes I know three laptops sounds a bit strange, but thats life!I also have two headless servers (file and web) that live in the other room. I also have a garage full that resembles something like what a computer graveyard would look like. And too add to all of that, I have myself a old palm that was handed down to me (I love it when people upgrade :P)

I've got my own intel centrino pro santa rosa HP laptop(2ghz):2 gb RAM, 128 dedicated mb Nvidia140 GB HDwin vista home premium15 inchLaptop have from work:Intel core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20 GHz3 GB RAM256 dedicated mb gfx 160 GB HD17 inchWin Vista BusinessFamily computer, not quite sure. Just has 1 GB of RAM, 120 HD, 128 mb memory card.Then there's the remains of my old desktop, which has been pillaged and plundered for parts and stuff. Thinking of turning it into a small time homeserver. A NAS server if it's too difficult to turn it into a server.As for preference, I don't really care. I just want quality for my money. I have nothing against macs, but I absolutely LOATHE the fanbois that come with Macs. You kow, the kind that sits at starbucks with their shiny white expensive MAC. The kind that looks down on a PC user, because they're not as fasionable.

I have 3 main PC's, I shall list information here about them.Laptop/Main PC:Dell Inspiron 1300Laptop Form FactorWindows XP Service Pack 2Intel Celeron M 1.60GHZ Processor768MB Memory60GB Hard DriveServer PCRM Window BoxDesktop Form FactorRed Hat LinuxIntel Celeron 566MHZ Processor256MB Memory8GB Hard Drive (extending to 100GB in future)Gaming PCN/A (Homebuilt)Windows XP Service Pack 2Tower Form FactorAMD X2 3800 Processor2GB Ram160GB Hard DriveSo, as you can see, I've got an interesting trio of PC's.

I've got a Windows ME that's running on an eMachine, an XP on a dell that's a few years old, and I just got this brand new Compaq with Vista on it. I can't stand Macs, they're like a big program window.

At this very moment, I am posting on my Acer laptop. My wife bought the laptop this previous summer. We paid around $500 for it, so she would have a good quality PC to use for school. She is able to use it on campus, and use it around campus at wifis.I started using it because my other PC, our Dell desktop's monitor is dying. It is like burnt out on the left side, so the laptop is the default PC around our house.The laptop is also the newest and most updated. My older Dell is kind of like a throw together of older hardware from past PCs of mine and my brother in law. We like to take hardware devices from a lot of other PCs that are dying and try to make super computers from what is left. And then we network it with our web routers. Fun, fun...We plan to get a cheap server from my bro in law's work and make a nice customized network server. Can't wait!

Specifications of my laptop:Acer Aspire 3680Intel Celeron (CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz 1.87 GHz)RAM: 1014 MB120GB HDD (split into 3 partitions, Windows, minor stuff including webserver & a nifty restore partition.Running Windows Vista Home Premium, considering doing a dual boot with Ubuntu to try out linux.I've had it since April/May last year, I've had to do a few factory restores (from epic slowness to a BSoD marathon) but it's currently doing good right now.

i'm from india, here PC is more popular then others. we are using windows7 opreating systems and red hat enterprise 5 in servers. i also tried older version of windows like windows 98, ME, 2000, xp, & vista also. now i'm using only windows7 in my all PC.