xisto Community
punkpig5

Computers: What Kind You Use

since im in philippines im using a pc.. mac here in my country is hard to come by specially the specs and it cost more than that of the pc.............. and beside they have little difference, i think mac users are the one who are heavy working on graphix.... coz its the one used mostly by graphix artists.. but for games there is little installer for mac.. and for programming mac is not wildy supported...

So do you just want me to say PC or Mac?Wellat work I have 1 PC for myself and 8 serversat home I have 1 PC, 1 Laptop, & 2 Servers, 4 PC's not in useIf you want to know about what else I have look for the Thread "What is on your LAN"

Umm, 1 pc in use at my apartment, 1 pc at home in my hometown, 1 pc not in use but useable if need be, about 5 gutted pc's that are each 3/4 of a working machine...and...yea thats about it currently

I currently am using a notebook with Windows XP SP2 that I purchased recently for college but I had a custom built rig before it. It still runs great but is getting in its years and its starting to show especially without DDR2 RAM and PCI-e. Regardless, its for home use so it suits its purpose. I have used Macs in the past and am familiar with them but I find that they're just too expensive for my taste.

at home I have PC for myself and my brother has a PC for himself in other room and also I have an Amiga 1200 board + non working Amiga 500+ and more old stuff which I think do not work. :)

it works and i am using it, so i won't :) you can get it elsewhere, like in newspaper where people sell things, or make a post where people buy/sell things or use ebay :P

I currently have 2 computers built up: (and a heap of spare parts)Desktop: (I use for 3d modelling and graphic design)Home built in antec p180 case.AMD 4800+ (dual-core)Asus A8N-sli deluxNvidia 7800GTX 256meg (single at the moment)2x200gig W/D SATA-II HDD2x36gig W/D Raptor HDD (raid-0) - for system files2 x Samsung 193P+ (19inch) LCD Monitors2gig (2x1gig) Corsair RAMLaptop: (Use on the train, etc..)Dell 51503.06ghz Pentium MNvidia FX5200 64meg80gig HDD1gig (2x512meg) RAM1400x1050 sxga screenI upgrade my desktop fairly often. When you do 3d rendering stuff, it really helps to have a faster machine. The time it takes for some renders is ridiculous. I use my laptop when I am on the train usually, or if I wanna do some programming and I dont want to be tied to my room. It does everything that I want it to and so I'm happy with it. I cant say that I have ever been a fan of Apple computers or any of their iPod stuff. I got lost with the whole 'single button mouse' thing. The other thing that put me off apple was the difficulty in upgrading. I do however like their huge 30inch monitors... Now if I just had the money, I would go out an buy one right now! :)

Ohh boy..Well lets take a look here...I have an Apple II+ with 48K RAM, and twin Disk II drives.An Epson Equity II, with 128K RAM and a 4.7MHz Intel 8088.Two iMac DVs, 400MHz PPC750A Macintosh LC II, with a 68020A Motorola Starmax 3000/180 with a PPC603eAnd Two computers I built myself:133MHz Pentium-S based computer1.7GHz Pentium 4 based computerBoth the iMacs and both x86's are running OpenBSD 3.7But really..I wouldn't mind having an Amiga 4000T on that list...

I have recently ordered a very very expensive laptop from Ebay. Here are the specs of it --Dell 9300Intel® Pentium® M 760 Processor (2.0 GHz/533MHz FSB17" UltraSharp Wide Screen SXGA+ Display 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimm256MB NVIDA® GeForce™ Go 68008x DL DVDR Drive 100 GB Hard Drive53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary BatteryIntel PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 b/g, 54Mbps) And a few other things that I'm too lazy to mention, for the amazing overkill price of 2500!!! Yup, 2500, but note, if bought from Dell like it was meant to, it would cost well over 3000 I heard.Yeah, I think it was worth my money, so I won't have to think about upgrading for a long time :D