xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
etan

How To Make Your Windows Look Like A Mac Windows Xp only

Well, me ... I can see absolutely NO reason why I should make my beautiful Windows look like Mac. I f I would like the look of Mac OS I would buy a Macintosh machine, but I don't so I don't. :P I wonder it there are Mac users wanting to make their desktop look like a Windows desktop. ;)

This is one of the most amazing tutorials I have acually ever seen. It's really cool how a Microsoft Windows computer can be made to look like an Apple Mac computer which is really Windows's rival in computers! Thanks alot for the tutorial Nate, I am definetly going to try this!

I don't exactly get the part where you're supposed to browse and find the folder where the style is when you go to the display properties of your desktop. Can you explain it? Also, when i open up the folder with the msstyle files and double-click them, they open up the display properties and nothing happens or changes at all.

Overall though, it looks like a great tutorial although I've heard of many people doing this before (Ack...including me =P) I've used a different tutorial to help me out with the transformation though and it requires more downloads:

https://www.engadget.com/2004/06/09/turn-your-pc-into-a-mac/https://www.engadget.com/2004/06/09/turn-your-pc-into-a-mac/

It's a pretty cool tutorial and you can download the widgets you want. Although the tutorial is quite old and i think like Nate has obviously told us that there are much more better programs and modify everything into a Mac already so well yeah you get the idea.

Personally though I'd prefer to use a real Mac if i want a Mac interface. I've used a Powerbook before and i find it pretty interesting to use and much different from the Windows Interface. Took some time before i finally got used to it but i still don't like Macs so much because of the lack of computer games designed for Macs or converted from Windows to Macs capabilites =P.

Macs are great for their limited capabilites--- high-end graphics, audio & video editing. But for the rest........they leave much to be desired. I'm hoping that the modified PC version of Tiger will become available, and from what i've heard, it seems like it runs pretty well. ---much better than native windows, in any case.

Thanks!

How To Make Your Windows Look Like A Mac

Thank you so much! This really helped. I could not find how to apply panther until I came here. I had installed it before, but know I have it in use!

-reply by George