xisto Community
fillrbnny

Live Journal Or Myspace? Which is more addicting.

MySpace Or Live Journal  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find myspace to be more addicting. im not really sure why, i just never got into Live Journal. I think i made a lj account once, but i never used it. I just somehow ended up getting into myspace and staying with that.

i don't use them at all, I prefer to setup a little site myself using MT, that can be more editive and more fun, BTW seem not too much people mentioned blogger here, that's my first choice but unfortunately their blogspot.com address is all blocked by ISP :P , so I can't even visit my own blog.

I have a Xanga, Livejournal, and a Myspace account. The journals on all three are exactly the same with the exception of the Xanga one going further back because I've had it longer. Even the friends I do have on my lists barely ever comment on my entries so what does it matter if random people want to read it? It's not like anyone bothers to contact me based on my journal... Xanga and Livejournal both serve their purposes to me as far as being a place to post what I would post anyway and the friends that use those respective sites can see such. Myspace is a lot more than just a page for a journal and I often direct people into it instead of having to retype and explain certain things. If somebody asks you what music you listen to just give them the link and tell them to look through your list. Also you can have ten pictures loaded so if you aren't the type to use a personal photo as an avatar you can have whatever you want and still have a decent range of other photos in case someone wants to get an idea of what you look like. We all know how many people we've seen on any of these sites with a heavily photoshopped avatar that makes them look attractive when in fact they are far from it. There is even that "The Truth of Myspace" picture floating around the net that explains what all the different 'artistic' photo styles on Myspace really mean about the person. :D In the end I think it depends on your intentions with your page. For getting to drop a linen with your favorite bands now and then Myspace is priceless. It's the next best thing to a band's personal forum where the members actually contribute.

I'm much happier with a blog. I thought of having a livejournal but I ended with having a blog. It's true that communities like livejournal and myspace have a large user base and you can get thousands of hits. But if you work with your blog and add some good content and ping some services like technorati you will get a huge amount of hits. It's nice to have visitors and read the comments they post.

Livejournal or Myspace? Which is more addicting and fun?

Actually, I prefer DeadJournal (deadjournal.com) because it fits my darker personality a little better than LJ. It's also based on the same programming as LJ, so ... no learning curve there. The only problem is that LJ is now completely free, while DJ still requires new users to cough up a code. Which, at least in some cases, requires the user to give them money. (I got one free code to pass out to a friend after I signed up, but I had to give it to the friend who gave me her extra code so that I could sign up in the first place - what a pain in the butt).

I don't really know which one, since I'm not using Myspace to write a journal. I kind of a private person. I use Myspace to get connected with my friends. Well, if you like to publised your life, you could use the journal in Myspace, but I prefer Diary-X, since I can make a certain entry to be private. So I can put my private thought there without people reading it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can make certain blog entries in Myspace private, or only allow people on your "preferred" list to view. Just go to the publish blog page and select the privacy type at the bottom of the page. Works like a charm for me.

Yeah, I love the fact how either journal program lets you choose exactly who gets to read your posts, but the thing that I think sets the myspace blog above livejournal is the what you're reading/listening to/watching thingy that shows an icon of the actual item, clickable link so that if the people reading it want to find out more info about it, they can so very easily.

I personally dislike both of them. I think they're knock off ways for people who don't have knowledge of HTML or another language to make a website. I hate it when people say to me, "Hey, check out the site I made." Then I look at it and it's a Xanga or MySpace. I also find it pointless to how people use Xanga's and MySpace's to post comments on other people's when they could just IM them and say the same thing and not have to until the person reads the comment to give them a reply.I think making my own site using CSS and HTML and other ways that I'm learning is more addicting.

i was forced by my mentor to get a myspace. being a very shy person, i'm not very big at networking. but he made me get one so that i could get myself to start networking and get myself out there. being a graphic designer, you have to learn to put yourself out there for people to take. that was almost two years ago, and now, i cant stay off myspace. it is very addicting. there are so many things to it, the music aspect, the blog aspect, the profile adjusting... i've met two very influential people to me (my favorite pinup photographer and my favorite gigposter artist) through myspace. meeting the latter was one of the best times of my life... but thats a different story. My point is, myspace has so much to offer, even if it is trendy and a way for all the scene kids to go and look cool.

i like myspace better, i love going through other people's profiles and checking out all the bands in the music section. the only thing i don't like is when people post 50 music and flash videos in the comments. that is just too annoying.